29N MCAT + 3.4 GPA + Publications + Good LORS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogerfederer88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just curious at what my chances are for landing interviews at TOP 30 schools given my scores. My GPA has an upward trend. I have 4 publications (one 1st, two 2nd, and 1 4th author) . I have solid clinical experiences as well as extra curricular activities. I also have very strong LORs.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I'm just curious at what my chances are for landing interviews at TOP 30 schools given my scores. My GPA has an upward trend. I have 4 publications (one 1st, two 2nd, and 1 4th author) . I have solid clinical experiences as well as extra curricular activities. I also have very strong LORs.

Any thoughts?

Why T30 schools? Your stats are below-average. You have a chance at your state school(s) but that's about it imo.

With your stats, you should be happy just to get in to an MD program...forget which program it is.

Beggars can't be choosers...

Agree with everyone else. With those pubs you've got good research cred for "top" schools, but you'll need an MCAT retake with at least a 34 and some postbacc work.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Agree with everyone else. With those pubs you've got good research cred for "top" schools, but you'll need an MCAT retake with at least a 34 and some postbacc work.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

What schools should I be applying for? Any suggestions?