28 Questions in Last Block????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKQJ10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished my step 2 ck, and my last block only had 28 questions. Has anyone else had this before or heard of a friend having that?
I'm worried that there was some problem on their end and I'm gonna be forced to have to re-take it again. That will be so ridiculous. Taking that exam is so mentally draining.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey, so I guess that's normal then? I just heard from a friend that there was news about the tests having varied lengths after Aug 1, 2012 so now I'm less worried about it. Should be alright.

My exam was pretty good. It went well for me. Personally, I think that UW questions were a bit more tricky overall. Some of the questions in the actual exam were really straightforward, to the point where I was like, is this a joke? Just like Step 1, there were some trickier ones here and there but the majority of the questions were very doable if you did UW. There was a lot of obgyn on mine, and IM of course, not so much surgery, and not very much psych. There were a few peds congenital heart questions - I hate those. About 2 or 3 drug ads or research questions. About 1 or 2 biostats questions where you have to calculate. A couple of biostats graph interpretations.

I think the hardest thing is just pacing yourself mentally and keeping your concentration up the whole time. Good luck!

The OBGYN questions on UWorld make me nauseous. Meaning I know what they are describing but their answer options are all fairly relevant. Anyways, how were your OB questions, that appears to be my weakest point according to NBME and UWorld