234 usmle step 1 score good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sushantgupta

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i gave usmle step 1 exam on 28th june 2013. i got 234 . is it a good score? I want to do pathology from US. i am foreign medical graduate and a non- us citizen. any help will be truly appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder why people like this are let into a medical field in the first place especially where you have to deal with people. It is a personable career.

I couldnt agree more with you.

I just registered in SDN to give advice to the OP, after seeing these repulsive posts here.

To the OP: Its going to be a little tough. If you cant make it even after applying broadly, a year or more of 'productive' research or a patho residency from back home will always make the difference. Though the latter may sound too far fetched, it will help a lot in the long run. Your residency here will be a breeze.

Last edited:
Just an fyi ": In canada, we say "write the test". I've never heard of "give the test" but I could understand what the OP was trying to say.
@anastomoses i dont know u personally but u sound very egocentric. U might wanna chnage that attitude dude...i come from a tiny Mormon village in Canada, never seen coloured ppl until i started university. I used to think "coloured ppl" didn't even go to school, didnt think they made it big. To my surprise, 1st yr university three of my profs were "coloured" two were indians and one was arabic. I had a hard time dealing with it.. I wud subclassifty them as "white washed coloured ppl" but that didnt work for too long bc i started meeting some pretty intelligant ppl that were very true to their langunage, religion and culture. The reason why im telling u this little story is because like u, i was very egocentric and wanted to see things and ppl i was familiar with. i didmt wanna see o dude saying " give the test".

Yeah, that's another scary group...people from hillbilly towns that haven't seen the rest of humanity. Did you mean ethnocentric or egocentric or both?

Those Mormons really do get everywhere.

Honestly, the most intelligent and most studious people I have ever met were EXTREMELY humble.

Those that toss their weight around have esteem issues.

I had so many arrogant professors but the ones that actually knew their stuff were so casual and easy going.

If the most intelligent studious people you have met were extremely humble, then you haven't met very many. :) And did you just call me a "colored person" or "Arabic"? Arabic is a language. Arab is the ethnic group...I am Arab, and I guess colored means I have the amount of melanin that will keep my face fresh looking into my 40's? That word makes me giggle. Colored.

And no...I'm not a gunner in the sense that I'd hurt others to get ahead, but sure...I'm fairly obsessive about my scores and not missing information.

Yeah, that's another scary group...people from hillbilly towns that haven't seen the rest of humanity. Did you mean ethnocentric or egocentric or both?

Those Mormons really do get everywhere.

If the most intelligent studious people you have met were extremely humble, then you haven't met very many. :) And did you just call me a "colored person" or "Arabic"? Arabic is a language. Arab is the ethnic group...I am Arab, and I guess colored means I have the amount of melanin that will keep my face fresh looking into my 40's? That word makes me giggle. Colored.

And no...I'm not a gunner in the sense that I'd hurt others to get ahead, but sure...I'm fairly obsessive about my scores and not missing information.

I didn't call you a colored person. That previous poster did. He was partially agreeing with your behavior....against Arabs and Indians, the people he calls colored.

I just thought it was a hoot when you are of all people are Arab.

I didn't see you chew him out for his grammar, punctuation or spelling. Biased just a little?

Btw, it is evident that you cannot be a gunner. Lots of the replies that were made to you went over your head. Ironic is it not? The person that pounds her fists on the table of proper English cannot even comprehend basic English......

Trust me when I say that you are embarrassing yourself.

Being a troll is not a career path, dear.
For your sake, I hope you are a troll or some sad little kid on the net.
Any other scenario is just pathetic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anastamoses* is obviously a troll. Don't feed it or it will grow. :p

url

*You little troll you. :)

Last edited:
Just an fyi ": In canada, we say "write the test". I've never heard of "give the test" but I could understand what the OP was trying to say.
@anastomoses i dont know u personally but u sound very egocentric. U might wanna chnage that attitude dude...i come from a tiny Mormon village in Canada, never seen coloured ppl until i started university. I used to think "coloured ppl" didn't even go to school, didnt think they made it big. To my surprise, 1st yr university three of my profs were "coloured" two were indians and one was arabic. I had a hard time dealing with it.. I wud subclassifty them as "white washed coloured ppl" but that didnt work for too long bc i started meeting some pretty intelligant ppl that were very true to their langunage, religion and culture. The reason why im telling u this little story is because like u, i was very egocentric and wanted to see things and ppl i was familiar with. i didmt wanna see o dude saying " give the test". i thought that for ppl to live in our country, they have to adopt all pf our traditions, language usage and values...boy was I wrong. Afterall, the diversity that we have today is what makes America/Canada American and Canada.

Its 2013, time to change because whether we like it or not, we will have to work with ppl (doc and pts) that arent like us in many aspects. U just gotta move on.

forgive my ignorance... i thought there were "coloured" Mormons too... wasn't the vampire with dreadlocks in Twilight a Mormon in House MD? or are we talking about a different colour here?? :shifty:

Last edited:
I didn't call you a colored person. That previous poster did. He was partially agreeing with your behavior....against Arabs and Indians, the people he calls colored.

I just thought it was a hoot when you are of all people are Arab.

I didn't see you chew him out for his grammar, punctuation or spelling. Biased just a little?

Btw, it is evident that you cannot be a gunner. Lots of the replies that were made to you went over your head. Ironic is it not? The person that pounds her fists on the table of proper English cannot even comprehend basic English......

oh dear. nothing you said went over anyone's head. your writing is not allegorical or deep. don't kid yourself. but you should know:
1. previous poster didn't realize I'm Arab.
2. you should ask yourself why you thought "it was a hoot" for me to be Arab of all things. hm? because i don't get it.
3. the only thing ironic is that you ask why i didn't poke fun of the Mormon Canadian's English when I obviously did. you think i have a soft spot for white country folk? lol

Last edited:
I wonder why people like this are let into a medical field in the first place especially where you have to deal with people. It is a personable career.

This is precisely the reason that naturopaths/homeopaths are so popular now. They listen and aren't egotistical *******s.

forgive my ignorance... i thought there were "coloured" Mormons too... wasn't the vampire with dreadlocks in Twilight a Mormon in House MD? or are we talking about a different colour here?? :shifty:

i believe they have missions in 40+ countries now. even Egypt.

Anastamoses* is obviously a troll. Don't feed it or it will grow. :p

url

*You little troll you. :)

hi Bob.

This is precisely the reason that naturopaths/homeopaths are so popular now. They listen and aren't egotistical *******s.

Not really. It's because people are ****ing stupid, don't know what 'science' entails, and are too lazy to find out. They also insist on confusing causation and correlation.

Last edited: