211 on 24, pushing Step back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spectreman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Step 1 is scheduled for next Monday. I got a 243 on UWSA1 a few days ago and then a 211 on NBME 24 yesterday. My NBME 21 and 22 were 196 and 203, beginning of dedicated about 4 days apart. I am just so beyond frustrated with all of this, but I am only 65% through my first pass of Uworld and I still haven’t done B&B/LightYear for Immuno. I did my own Anki’s and picmonic for immunodeficiency stuff, honestly it wasn’t my worst subject. Actually I didn’t really bottom out any particular topic on 24. I missed several neuro questions, which used to be one of my best subjects, but because of that I haven’t touched my personal Anki decks for it since last summer. I think a run through that will get me to stop missing those free points. I also missed several questions from stuff I had matured in Zanki, which is extremely frustrating. I had stopped doing Zanki during dedicated so I could do 2-3 blocks per day in Uworld, so now that stuff is fading. It’s another thing that makes me nervous about delaying, but I feel a 211 is just below my potential. I want at least a 230.

The rest of it I really just think I need to finish Uworld and give it another pass too. My plan would be to take COMLEX on the 21st and then Step during my family med rotation in Sept. I have 2 FM back to back and we take the OPP COMAT at the end of 2nd year so I don’t have to worry about that, just the FM COMAT after the 2nd FM block.

I’m super nervous about this plan, but my rotations are in a rural area and I just have to assume they’re going to be super chill.

Would really love any thoughts or whatever anyone has. Especially @AnatomyGrey12 since we’re at the same point in our education - except you’re crushing it.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Step 1 is scheduled for next Monday. I got a 243 on UWSA1 a few days ago and then a 211 on NBME 24 yesterday. My NBME 21 and 22 were 196 and 203, beginning of dedicated about 4 days apart. I am just so beyond frustrated with all of this, but I am only 65% through my first pass of Uworld and I still haven’t done B&B/LightYear for Immuno. I did my own Anki’s and picmonic for immunodeficiency stuff, honestly it wasn’t my worst subject. Actually I didn’t really bottom out any particular topic on 24. I missed several neuro questions, which used to be one of my best subjects, but because of that I haven’t touched my personal Anki decks for it since last summer. I think a run through that will get me to stop missing those free points. I also missed several questions from stuff I had matured in Zanki, which is extremely frustrating. I had stopped doing Zanki during dedicated so I could do 2-3 blocks per day in Uworld, so now that stuff is fading. It’s another thing that makes me nervous about delaying, but I feel a 211 is just below my potential. I want at least a 230.

The rest of it I really just think I need to finish Uworld and give it another pass too. My plan would be to take COMLEX on the 21st and then Step during my family med rotation in Sept. I have 2 FM back to back and we take the OPP COMAT at the end of 2nd year so I don’t have to worry about that, just the FM COMAT after the 2nd FM block.

I’m super nervous about this plan, but my rotations are in a rural area and I just have to assume they’re going to be super chill.

Would really love any thoughts or whatever anyone has. Especially @AnatomyGrey12 since we’re at the same point in our education - except you’re crushing it.

Yeah I would not try to push step in my rotations. Sorry. Thats just asking for trouble. You have something to gain and lots to lose. You have 10 days. 9 if you take the last day before step off. Make them count. Questions, questions, questions! Drop down on videos and anki. I took step last week and its nothing to be afraid of. Conquer Uworld and go take the test.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I would not try to push step in my rotations. Sorry. Thats just asking for trouble. You have something to gain and lots to lose. You have 10 days. 9 if you take the last day before step off. Make them count. Questions, questions, questions! Drop down on videos and anki. I took step last week and its nothing to be afraid of. Conquer Uworld and go take the test.
I was afraid you guys would say that. Guess it’s time to punch my PC ticket.