2023-2024 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
IS II yesterday! Very excited! Thought I was about to get an R this late in the cycle. Complete 8/11. LM 69

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They said to dress "business casual" for the group virtual session. Thus, I'm planning on wearing a dress shirt with no tie. Did people who already went to the session see others dressing "business casual" like this or did most dress "business formal" aka classic interview attire?

They said to dress "business casual" for the group virtual session. Thus, I'm planning on wearing a dress shirt with no tie. Did people who already went to the session see others dressing "business casual" like this or did most dress "business formal" aka classic interview attire?
There was a mix—some were def in business formal and others were slightly more casual (like without a blazer). There were def a few guys without a tie, so you should be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a mix—some were def in business formal and others were slightly more casual (like without a blazer). There were def a few guys without a tie, so you should be fine!
you said you were hoping to get II but were at the virtual session? im confused

If I sent an update over a month ago is it overkill to submit a letter of interest too?
What would you add in your letter of interest that makes it different than your update letter? I also submitted an update letter so I'm asking.

Guys , I was complete back in July LizzyM under 70 do I even have a chance here ?

Reactions: 1 users
I can't figure out how to upload a LOI after being placed on the waitlist on the portal. Can someone explain the process this for me please, thanks?

I can't figure out how to upload a LOI after being placed on the waitlist on the portal. Can someone explain the process this for me please, thanks?
I think you click on "view checklist", scroll down to "Letter of Interest" Section, click on "choose file"

do we think it's worth sending an update/interest letter rn if I was complete in September and radio silence since then? also can I clump an update + interest letter in one?

do we think it's worth sending an update/interest letter rn if I was complete in September and radio silence since then? also can I clump an update + interest letter in one?
Yes . I was complete back in July and I sent update.

My two cents, an update indicates interest, so save the interest letter for later, and send an update. If your update is significant it might be just what is needed to push them to send an invite!:xf:

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have the link to the secondary portal? I'm trying to find it but for some reason can't find it in any of my emails.

My friend called the office yesterday and they said they will probably only have one more wave of IIs, and interviews will conclude in February

My friend called the office yesterday and they said they will probably only have one more wave of IIs, and interviews will conclude in February
Did they mention when the next round of acceptances is coming? I know its offically mid-feb but it looks like in past years the january interview decisions have come way earlier than that

Did they mention when the next round of acceptances is coming? I know its offically mid-feb but it looks like in past years the january interview decisions have come way earlier than that
Usually it is one month from your interview date!

Still no II nor an R for me. Submitted secondaries near of September. Still holding out hope for WF. I had interviews to other schools already.

Reactions: 3 users
Could we send post-II updates like about a publication or about a promotion in a current job with new roles and responsibilities? I know Wake Forest accepts pre-II updates. Would sending Post-II update before a decision make any difference or more likely be ignored/frowned upon?

Could we send post-II updates like about a publication or about a promotion in a current job with new roles and responsibilities? I know Wake Forest accepts pre-II updates. Would sending Post-II update before a decision make any difference or more likely be ignored/frowned upon?
If you feel the update is significant, I would send it in. If it is not, and you still want to remind them that you exist, I would send an interest letter and include a few sentences about the update, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
For second look day, do people usually attend with their parents? I’m just unsure since it says there’s activities is that something parents participate in or is it better to bring your partner? This is my first time attending one so I’m unsure :)

For second look day, do people usually attend with their parents? I’m just unsure since it says there’s activities is that something parents participate in or is it better to bring your partner? This is my first time attending one so I’m unsure :)
questions as well -- is it just the one weekend? not sure if its the best weekend for me? bit stress

Is there a second look day (or a tour of some sort) for waitlisted applicants?

OOS WL received today, II 01/20. Anyone have any idea what the WL movement is like? This is by far my top choice school

OOS A at 5:03. LizzyM of 70. Completed 8/19.

I'm shook. Thought I bombed the video interview.