2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
What do you think the chances are for those still on the WL? I am in IS.
There’s still time but definitely lower by the day. I think by June 15th they are basically full (decisions rendered by phone after the 15th rather than email)

Well what’s your stats
I have pretty good stats (LM 74), research, volunteering and still on waitlist there is no clear formula to this madness. I have friends with significantly lower stats that were accepted here so its clearly not the only factor. Best of luck

Reactions: 4 users
I have pretty good stats (LM 74), research, volunteering and still on waitlist there is no clear formula to this madness. I have friends with significantly lower stats that were accepted here so its clearly not the only factor. Best of luck
Their MCAT range on MSAR is 505-519. So it’s definitely more than stats. But it does look like people with higher stats are getting off the list faster (based on SDN only, which is heavily biased). There’s still a month of movement ahead so don’t give up!! Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Their MCAT range on MSAR is 505-519. So it’s definitely more than stats. But it does look like people with higher stats are getting off the list faster (based on SDN only, which is heavily biased). There’s still a month of movement ahead so don’t give up!! Good luck
Do you think in state people have the best chance

Reactions: 1 users
Received an IS A off the WL 2 days ago, going to be withdrawing it later today. Good luck everyone, hope it goes to one of you!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get a scholarship on the financial aid package? Im not sure if downstate does scholarships... When I asked them, they just sent me a bunch of links with basically no clear info.

I called earlier today and they confirmed once again that there is still going to continue being a lot of movement, so don’t lose hope!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Was rejected from this school months ago and still getting emails about info sessions, anyone else know how to stop this 🙃

• Sad
Was rejected from this school months ago and still getting emails about info sessions, anyone else know how to stop this 🙃
Just block them. Or even better, email them asking to be removed from their mailing list.

Did you get rejected after an interview?

• Hmm
I think I got an A off the AL? Did you guys also get vague wording in the email like "preliminary notification that the College of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application favorably for acceptance"?

• Wow
I think I got an A off the AL? Did you guys also get vague wording in the email like "preliminary notification that the College of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application favorably for acceptance"?
Did you check your applicant portal?

A from WL this morning! Does anyone know if we can get our financial aid offers within 5 days to meet the deadline?

• Love
Hi all!

I was wondering if you all received your financial aid packages as of yet? I'm also wondering how much they allocated for housing? Their estimate online seems super low, so just wanted to make sure.

• Hmm
This is an acceptance yes. The actual offer later is in the portal.