2023-2024 NYU (Grossman)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh the schools are all addicted to you all the sudden. Did you send an update letter about curing cancer or something?
i actually did update schools about a presentation at the NIH over my research thesis

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone else get an II but can’t schedule it? Like there’s no highlighted available dates on the calendar they’re all gray

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II! Complete 10/29

edit: 3 dates available spanning 1st and 2nd week of Dec!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
that's probably all the II for NYU right? congrats to everyone who got one!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
that's probably all the II for NYU right? congrats to everyone who got one!
Last year’s thread had one person who got one between thanksgiving and the mid-December R wave, and my undergrad has also had at least one December II, although I think these are exceptional and not part of any planned wave. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, but I think the majority of the action has happened

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II! Complete 10/29

edit: 3 dates available spanning 1st and 2nd week of Dec!
If you don't mind me asking, since you submitted pretty late and got a II, what were your stats like? Anything in particular you think helped your app since NYU is also rolling so submitting later makes it harder to get the interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Also what are the chances if I send an update now that NYU admissions will see it?

Also what are the chances if I send an update now that NYU admissions will see it?

I submitted my secondary in July and just sent an update on November 1st but haven’t heard anything either way. It doesn’t hurt if you have the time to submit

If you don't mind me asking, since you submitted pretty late and got a II, what were your stats like? Anything in particular you think helped your app since NYU is also rolling so submitting later makes it harder to get the interview?
I don't mind at all! I have a 3.7X and 51X (higher-ish side)

Not going to lie, I was fully expecting a pre-II rejection, so I waited forever to actually submit my app (I was super shocked and happy to receive an II!!). Tbh, I'm not exactly sure what made me stand out, but I am URM + low SES and also have a really interesting/unique life story.

(Btw, shout out to all my lower LM folk applying to this school - anything is possible!!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just another data point: II received 2 days ago. LM 75 (3.92 gpa, 518 MCAT) URM. Interview dates were 11/29 and 12/5

I should have got something better than a 515 on the MCAT. Kinda upset that that held me back; I literally only studied for a month with free resources smh
If it's any consolation, it apparently didn't help me at this school

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
If it's any consolation, it apparently didn't help me at this school

I also have very similar stats to that person (but I’m ORM) and didn’t get an II. Just having the stats gets you in the door but in no way gets you the II

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interview season ends in December, so invite should go out till next week.

For people with MSTP As, did you hear back from email/phone call or an update on the portal?
I only received an email titled "Congratulations from NYU MSTP". I didn't get a phone call yet :(. There was a formal acceptance mailed to me. The phone call may just come later? Hope that helps!

I only received an email titled "Congratulations from NYU MSTP". I didn't get a phone call yet :(. There was a formal acceptance mailed to me. The phone call may just come later? Hope that helps!
Thank you so much!! I only got the email too and was starting to worry lol

anyone been accepted off CR yet?
bump! curious if they’re just accepting those that they know they want right after interview, or whether they’ve been dipping into the CR pool yet

bump! curious if they’re just accepting those that they know they want right after interview, or whether they’ve been dipping into the CR pool yet
My understanding from Dean Rivera was that As 2-3 weeks post interview were very rare and that the majority of interviewees will receive CR at which point As will come. He said he does this as to not disadvantage late II and so he can spread out A phone calls. If this is inaccurate or someone else has more insight feel free to reply

I’m also wondering the probability of an acceptance from this. I don’t recall it being discussed on the MSTP only interview day?
I’m not sure if MTSP has different rules, but for MD-only, the breakdown Dean Rivera gave was: 1% A, 79% CR, 20% R for each interview day. Most As come from the CR pool

Sorry if this was asked already a lot….but how’s the interview experience? I haven’t been following this thread because I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance haha. Thank you!!!

Sorry if this was asked already a lot….but how’s the interview experience? I haven’t been following this thread because I honestly thought I didn’t have a chance haha. Thank you!!!
It is good -- friendly and relatively laid back compared to other places I've interviewed. As you know, it is MMI format, so there is not much required to prepare. Just go in, present your honest self, and you'll do great!

It is good -- friendly and relatively laid back compared to other places I've interviewed. As you know, it is MMI format, so there is not much required to prepare. Just go in, present your honest self, and you'll do great!

Thank you so much!! That’s really nice to hear :) good luck to you on the rest of your cycle!

I've done 2 MMIs and it was significantly more chill and the questions were way easier than the other one I did (Dell).

Me too. I wonder if anyone got post-II R or if it's only A or CR.
CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6

CycleTrack shows that there are were a bunch of As and Rs right around the 3-week mark post Oct 25 MSTP interview. Have CRs been going out sporadically/when did you get the email? Getting a little worried because Dean Rivera said everyone will hear back a decision (A, R, CR) within 3 weeks of their interview and it's almost been 6
Can't speak to MSTP, but for MD, my understanding is that you get the CR or R email on the Friday of the third week after your interview date. At least that's what happened to me.