2023-2024 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah I see, was wondering if it was binding in the sense that if other schools found out you sent a letter of intent elsewhere, they would rescind you lol
Me personally I would pretend that is true

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Okay I'm freaking out a little and need some advice! I was looking over my secondary again and realized I clicked "No" to the question asking if we had applied previously to the Icahn MD or MD/PhD program INCLUDING an early assurance program. I didn't realize at the time that the FlexMed program counted as an early assurance program (dumb now that I'm thinking about it) and I applied to it in college. I got an II but I'm not sure if this is something that will come back to bite me later when they're reviewing more closely. Do I email the school and let them know?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I'm freaking out a little and need some advice! I was looking over my secondary again and realized I clicked "No" to the question asking if we had applied previously to the Icahn MD or MD/PhD program INCLUDING an early assurance program. I didn't realize at the time that the FlexMed program counted as an early assurance program (dumb now that I'm thinking about it) and I applied to it in college. I got an II but I'm not sure if this is something that will come back to bite me later when they're reviewing more closely. Do I email the school and let them know?
Full transparency is always best. i dont it will hurt at all you to email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II, complete first week of august!

• Love
interviewing tomorrow :) any tips or detail of your interview experience would be much appreciated!

IS II, LM 72-73, Completed 7/25. I think I'm dreaming at this point.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
You're having a field day!!! Yewwww
No honestly. Before I applied to so many reaches, some people were telling me that it might be a really bad idea because of my low stats. And that really scared me because I thought I was just throwing money away for free. But it just goes to show that you actually have to shoot your shot. It's insane and I really really am grateful. It's not just stats folks!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone else unable to upload the photo/license? I've tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome

Anyone else unable to upload the photo/license? I've tried Firefox, Safari, and Chrome
I had an issue with my file format, I think it has to be JPEG - and Safari ended up working for me.

Does anyone know someone who got interviewed later in the cycle and got in? This is my dream school and I haven't heard anything :(

II received 9/28, first week of august completion, LM 74.5!

Last edited:
Haven't received an II but did get a invitation for a MSTP info session for the specific MTA I indicated.

Anyone else? Wondering if this a good sign or if they're just sending this to everyone who applied MD/PhD lol

Haven't received an II but did get a invitation for a MSTP info session for the specific MTA I indicated.

Anyone else? Wondering if this a good sign or if they're just sending this to everyone who applied MD/PhD lol
I got this too and thought the same thing. I honestly have no idea

Does legacy status mean anything to this school? And if so how would I go about letting them know about this, would this be grounds for an update letter?

Does legacy status mean anything to this school? And if so how would I go about letting them know about this, would this be grounds for an update letter?
Definitely would not update. If anything, I'd maybe write a letter of interest later in the cycle of you decide they're a top choice and you can mention you first heard about the school from xyz legacy and that's what started your interest. I've done that for other schools where I say one of my mentors or a doctor I worked under went somewhere and had a great experience which is where I first started to learn about your program.

Definitely would not update. If anything, I'd maybe write a letter of interest later in the cycle of you decide they're a top choice and you can mention you first heard about the school from xyz legacy and that's what started your interest. I've done that for other schools where I say one of my mentors or a doctor I worked under went somewhere and had a great experience which is where I first started to learn about your program.
Yea definitely not my first choice, applied bc said legacy wanted me to but I don’t have the stats, thanks for the detailed response!!

Yea definitely not my first choice, applied bc said legacy wanted me to but I don’t have the stats, thanks for the detailed response!!
Hmm. In that case if later in the cycle you do have something substantial to update with (new job, paper accepted or something) you can blend that with a mini statement of interest that spends just a few sentences elaborating on some aspects of the program you like and that you first learned about it from said legacy. But it sounds like you're not super invested in them so it doesn't even matter much haha

Hmm. In that case if later in the cycle you do have something substantial to update with (new job, paper accepted or something) you can blend that with a mini statement of interest that spends just a few sentences elaborating on some aspects of the program you like and that you first learned about it from said legacy. But it sounds like you're not super invested in them so it doesn't even matter much haha
Yea might do that in the new calendar year! Appreciate the advice, I’d love to go here but I think it’d be a miracle with my app 😭

Yea might do that in the new calendar year! Appreciate the advice, I’d love to go here but I think it’d be a miracle with my app 😭
Update letter with a couple sentences of interest can't hurt. You never know. Best of luck!