2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did people w/ FAP pay the $65 fee? I got an email that my application was submitted while still on the page that was asking for card info. I don't want to pay it if I don't have to lol
Yeah, I did Your app will just say "awaiting payment" otherwise. A few folks here have emailed admissions, and they just don't accept any fee waivers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After submitting the portal says “items we received from you,” mine only shows the two statements and the photo. How do I know if the got my LORs?

Did people w/ FAP pay the $65 fee? I got an email that my application was submitted while still on the page that was asking for card info. I don't want to pay it if I don't have to lol
nope. they don't accept the fee waiver. so im currently waiting for the moola to make the payment hah

Hey everyone! I am working on this secondary question "Indicate the one type of medical career to which you plan to devote the majority of your professional efforts". I am interested in being an OBGYN, but I'm having a hard time choosing what area that fits into. Can anyone help me please? I think it might be one of these two.

combined general/specialty practice or
General practice (primary)

Hey everyone! I am working on this secondary question "Indicate the one type of medical career to which you plan to devote the majority of your professional efforts". I am interested in being an OBGYN, but I'm having a hard time choosing what area that fits into. Can anyone help me please? I think it might be one of these two.

combined general/specialty practice or
General practice (primary)
Maybe the first selection?

Reactions: 1 user
It seems like last year, Meharry sent out interviews on 10/17 after sending out secondaries on 10/10. Fast turnaround. Maybe people who submitted the same day after receiving their secondary will hear back soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like last year, Meharry sent out interviews on 10/17 after sending out secondaries on 10/10. Fast turnaround. Maybe people who submitted the same day after receiving their secondary will hear back soon.
Hopefully because I submitted my secondary within one day of receipt

Reactions: 2 users
DB74918A-37B7-43E9-892C-62AF761D972C.jpeg

Can anyone confirm that their portal looks similar to mine after they have submitted everything?

I added this school late, and haven't received a secondary. About how long did it take for them to send it to others?

I added this school late, and haven't received a secondary. About how long did it take for them to send it to others?
They screen ppl for fit manually, and then they send the secondaries out in waves. I got mine a month after verification.

Can we schedule CASPER after receiving the interview so we do not have to pay for it for no reason? What are y'all's thoughts on this?

Did anyone receive any interview invites from Meharry as yet ?

Is anyone else having issues with accessing their portal? I submitted my secondary and then had to pay the fee later (darn them being one of the only schools not honoring FAP), and can't access the link

3 weeks since they sent out the first round of secondaries and no invite yet anyone? 🥲

Still no Secondary. I was verified 7/31 :confused:

Does anyone know when they usually send out II? Last year it was mid October but idk if that’s normal for Meharry.

Joining this thread because this is my second cycle and I’m tired already lol

AMCAS Complete: 7/29/23
Secondary Received: 8/29/23
Secondary Submitted: 8/29/23
MCAT: 49X - Waiting on a 9/1 retake
SGPA: 3.5 (3.79 overall GPA)
Profile: OOS, URM, F

samesies^
also my second application cycle fingers crossed!

AMCAS Complete: 7/28/23
Secondary Received: 8/22/23
Secondary Submitted: 8/23/23
MCAT: 52X
SGPA: 3.7 (3.6 overall)
Profile: OOS, ORM, F

• Love
samesies^
also my second application cycle fingers crossed!

AMCAS Complete: 7/28/23
Secondary Received: 8/22/23
Secondary Submitted: 8/23/23
MCAT: 52X
SGPA: 3.7 (3.6 overall)
Profile: OOS, ORM, F
damn, I thought 8/29 was the first date they sent secondaries.

Received 8/22 and still waiting on secondary 😩 omg I’m getting so anxious. This is my top choice

Joining this thread because this is my second cycle and I’m tired already lol

AMCAS Complete: 7/29/23
Secondary Received: 8/29/23
Secondary Submitted: 8/29/23
MCAT: 49X - Waiting on a 9/1 retake
SGPA: 3.5 (3.79 overall GPA)
Profile: OOS, URM, F
I just got my score back and I dropped 6 points, so I guess I’ll be back saying that I’m applying for a third cycle lol, but Good luck everyone 😊

• Care
  • Sad
I just got my score back and I dropped 6 points, so I guess I’ll be back saying that I’m applying for a third cycle lol, but Good luck everyone

I know you may not feel the best about your score drop, but don’t count yourself out yet!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
anyone know when the next wave of secondary will be sent

Received 8/22 and still waiting on secondary 😩 omg I’m getting so anxious. This is my top choice
You submitted 8/22 and haven't received a secondary or you received your secondary on 8/22 and haven't received an interview invite? If the latter, it doesn't seem like anyone has, or at least not anyone who posts here. If the former, you might just have to be patient.