2023-2024 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
not until mid may

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I have an apartment near JHU School of Medicine available for sublease for 2 months, June and July. If anyone is interested lemme know.

Given that the waitlist is ranked, does that mean updates/letters/intent are meaningless as this point?

any update on the # of people in the groupchat? Is it still way above 120?

any update on the # of people in the groupchat? Is it still way above 120?
Nobody new has joined. Nobody has left since last Tuesday. Same #.

Reactions: 1 users
Current M1s began removing folks today, there’s about 132 incoming students in there right now for a class size of 120
Ah by any chance is the 120 inclusive of the MSTP cohort? Reason being I know some are also in the MD group chat, so if it's a goal of 120 MD students then you could probably subtract the current total by like 10-18 folks.

Last edited:
Ah by any chance is the 120 inclusive of the MSTP cohort? Reason being I know some are also in the MD group chat, so if it's a goal of 120 MD students then you could probably subtract the current total by like 5-10 folks.
I think that the 120 includes both MD and MSTP folks.

Given that the waitlist is ranked, does that mean updates/letters/intent are meaningless as this point?
It's been a few years since I applied but when I applied the waitlist was not strictly ranked, essentially the admissions dean and associate dean look over applicants on the waitlist vs committed applicants and aim to have a balanced class (ie, if the incoming students are too east coast heavy they go for west coast, or if the balance of male/female or particular groups or majors or interests is unbalanced they try to balance it). That's how it was when I applied, things may have changed. Letter of intent doesn't help. If you have a mentor with some weight who can call the admissions dean for you that might help but most people don't have that (like if you did 2 years of research there with a division chief or something like that and your mentor is willing to go to bat for you).

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when movement here might start?
the last few years it started before/around mid May but the # of members in the group chat was usually below 120. This year they apparently admitted more people so maybe it will start later (if at all)?

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
the last few years it started before/around mid May but the # of members in the group chat was usually below 120. This year they apparently admitted more people so maybe it will start later (if at all)?
why this year :(((

Has anyone asked the admissions office if they expect the waitlist to move at all this year?

Has anyone asked the admissions office if they expect the waitlist to move at all this year?
I reached out to them via email a while ago but didn't hear back
Maybe someone could try calling them?

Has there really been zero WL movement? The school I'm holding an A at has a CTE deadline of June 1st :(

Has there really been zero WL movement? The school I'm holding an A at has a CTE deadline of June 1st :(
Yea doesn't look like any movement. The group chat is still around 10 people above their desired class size, so technically it's overenrolled still. No one has left the group chat in the last week or so.

• Sad
Yea doesn't look like any movement. The group chat is still around 10 people above their desired class size, so technically it's overenrolled still. No one has left the group chat in the last week or so.
And with Hopkins having such a late a CTE date of 7/12 I imagine people holding PTE there don’t feel particularly rushed to CTE and can wait to see if that T20 full ride or Harvard or NYU call off the WL comes in (or whatever might cause someone to leave Hopkins, if anything)

• Sad
did you guys receive the email right now or earlier?

I also did not get the R. I wonder what percent of people they reject in this wave? Anyone know?

Also still kickin but not feeling confident at all. Did anyone who just got the R from the WL send in a letter of intent or interest?