2023-2024 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't have anything either. I sent an email but haven't heard anything yet

Email just now saying that it’s still not up yet, check tomorrow morning and we’ll still be able to interview if it’s not up by then

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
  • Love
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II yesterday, complete 7/28!! First MD II woooo, LM 67 for those wondering with lots of research experience

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know when they're sending out the form to sign up for in person visits? the first is supposed to be 9/25 which is less than two weeks away

Anyone interviewed yet and willing to share their overall experience? :)

We all signed confidentiality forms so technically not allowed to say much (not even the format). But I found it less stressful than an average MMI (have nothing to compare it to) but maybe I got lucky and had nice interviewers. Some questions felt easier to answer than others, but none felt impossible. Didn’t seem like they were trying to “get you” or trick you.

There’s a sample schedule (although not completely accurate) on the portal, and I found some good advice from the SDN thread last year abt what to expect kinda.

As a note, GCSOM used to do traditional rather than MMI and just switched a few years ago, so the SDN interview feedback/questions I think were more outdated/for the previous format. Good to look at but I don’t think anyone would be posting the actual Q’s there. (noticed this before I knew anything abt the interview so this isn’t post II advice or anything)

• Care
Does attending the on-campus recruitment event make a difference if I've already received an II?
If you haven't interviewed yet, I'd say attending wouldn't hurt. My interview is 10/30 and I'm attending the 10/16 campus visit. I think it'll give me some good material to use to prep for my interview!

Does attending the on-campus recruitment event make a difference if I've already received an II?

We were told it shouldn’t and it won’t be graded, but who knows bc it shows interest and gives you a better idea of the area.

Is anyone else interviewing Friday (9/22)? If so, have you received the interview agreement form and/or a zoom link? Getting a little worried I haven’t received more info yet.

We all signed confidentiality forms so technically not allowed to say much (not even the format). But I found it less stressful than an average MMI (have nothing to compare it to) but maybe I got lucky and had nice interviewers. Some questions felt easier to answer than others, but none felt impossible. Didn’t seem like they were trying to “get you” or trick you.

There’s a sample schedule (although not completely accurate) on the portal, and I found some good advice from the SDN thread last year abt what to expect kinda.

As a note, GCSOM used to do traditional rather than MMI and just switched a few years ago, so the SDN interview feedback/questions I think were more outdated/for the previous format. Good to look at but I don’t think anyone would be posting the actual Q’s there. (noticed this before I knew anything abt the interview so this isn’t post II advice or anything)

When did you receive the zoom link for your interview? What time did you log on?

When did you receive the zoom link for your interview? What time did you log on?

I didn’t get anything until 2 nights before my interview (interviewed on a Wednesday morning and got info Monday night). They seem to give out information later.

If I remember correctly I was on the zoom call from 9 AM to ~12 PM EST, including 30 min of checking ID and then some information sessions

Does Geisinger send any info about the MMI stations they use? Interviewing 10/20 and I can’t seem to find this anywhere!

In the past have people gotten desicions less than 6-8 weeks?

OOS R LM 69. 4 Rs thus far and no ii :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So sorry you guys, wishing y'all the best of luck with your other schools. Anyone willing to share when they were complete?

Reactions: 1 users
It’s official, first R of the cycle!!! Complete day 1 - good luck homies :)
Appreciate they let me know so soon and didn’t pull a ghost.

Could anyone with pre-II Rs post their complete date, please?

Jeez didn’t realize there was an R wave. Complete since mid July no response yet. I’m wondering the same thing as the guy above.

Received July 18, complete July 21, R Oct 4

Reactions: 1 users
For anyone who has interviewed, were you faced with actors or just "tell me what you would do?" scenarios. No worries if you can't say/signed a form against revealing info!

For anyone who has interviewed, were you faced with actors or just "tell me what you would do?" scenarios. No worries if you can't say/signed a form against revealing info!

We all signed a form unfortunately that said we aren’t allowed to discuss anything relating to interview day. Buttttt I recommend skimming parts of last years thread, MCATThiccy described the format pretty well (actors, timing, notes, etc) between his few comments and I found that to be v helpful.

Did anyone attend the first campus visit/recruitment day? If so what should I expect and what did you do?

Did anyone else receive an information packet on the Abigail Scholars Program in the mail?