2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! so hyped!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is AAMC PREview new this cycle? If so, I wouldn't pay money to another cash-grap supplement. I don't know if SJT, Casper, or even PREview is THE deciding factor to an acceptance or not. Just know you still got your whole CV going on (mcat, GPA, experience, etc.) I did take Casper last year (got the lowest percentile), didn't take SJT (which was new last year), but I ended up getting in. Good luck!
PREview is the reincarnation (new version) of SJT.

Members don't see this ad :)
II. Now. OOS. cGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.5. 507. URM. Complete 7/1.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how to prepare for this kira thingy im planning on doing it sunday

Reactions: 1 user
I got the II yesterday it only took a day for the follow up to come so youll probably get it tom or monday but im working all next week and u have to take it within a week so i guess im doing it sunday
You already got the follow up email for it? I was only able to sign the thing in the portal

I don’t believe theres a fee or a secondary
That makes me like the school even more.
The only schools that I've applied to that dont have secondaries are this one and William Carey.
Then you have schools like Touro NY that charge 200 dollars.

Patiently waiting for my turn. Complete 6/21

Reactions: 2 users
If I submitted my application to DMU on 5/20, and I haven't been selected for an interview by now, should I assume that as a soft R?

If I submitted my application to DMU on 5/20, and I haven't been selected for an interview by now, should I assume that as a soft R?
I wouldn't think so. They say no news is good news.

They were still giving out II’s in April. I was in the first interview group last year and wasn’t invited to interview until 8/3. Was then accepted around 8/30. Just relax.

II received, complete June 27. 3.9x local GPA, 518 MCAT.

Congrats!
Seeing stats like yours is discouraging for me.
I hope you're applying to MD schools as well with those stats.

Thanks, but believe me my stats aren't good. My cGPA is below a 3.2, its just DMU's local GPA thing. Med school isn't a zero sum game, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere this cycle.

Thanks, but believe me my stats aren't good. My cGPA is below a 3.2, its just DMU's local GPA thing. Med school isn't a zero sum game, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere this cycle.
What is a local GPA? It's the first time I'm seeing that term used

Its the GPA that DMU calculates on your app. based on the hours its looks like your last 60 units.
Although for my local science GPA its closer to 120.
Appreciate the explanation!

My local science is also noticeably higher than that 60 number too.

I wonder why DMU does this local GPA thing. I haven't seen or heard anything similar to it at any other med school

Kira Test is like CASPER?. Based on details on other forums, questions were given by current students and the admissions committee. In general, what is the test duration? This is just to gauge the expected number of questions.

Kira Test is like CASPER?. Based on details on other forums, questions were given by current students and the admissions committee. In general, what is the test duration? This is just to gauge the expected number of questions.
It’ll take anywhere from 30-45 minutes.

anyone know the post-interview acceptance rate?

edit: i just feel this interview is a very different style from the rest LOL. Feels like CASPER

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Might be a silly question, but what is the dress code for Kira? Should I be wearing a suit? Or maybe just a buttoned up shirt?

Might be a silly question, but what is the dress code for Kira? Should I be wearing a suit? Or maybe just a buttoned up shirt?
I think the button up is fine! I just wore a simple, plain colored blouse. Something professional but also comfortable!

Just completed Kira Assessment! Excited and fingers crossed for the zoom session. The school seems very focused on student success and a sense of community which I love.

Just completed Kira Assessment! Excited and fingers crossed for the zoom session. The school seems very focused on student success and a sense of community which I love.

Did you do anything to prep for Kira? Was it like CA$Per?

I personally wore a suit but it might be overkill. The program I volunteered for and now manage just has instilled the habit of always dressing to impress.

Did you do anything to prep for Kira? Was it like CA$Per?
I can’t give too much information obv with the NDA they had us sign, but I would just say to have responses ready to questions you might expect to be asked.

It wasn’t bad at all!

Last edited: