2022-2023 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any submit primary early aug and got the hold email? I got primary received email aug 4. nothing after that.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II received today 0906, secondary received 08/18 and completed 08/19. OOS midwest, 501 and 3.5

Reactions: 1 users
1661180607519.png

Am I totally just missing an easy button to submit the secondary? I got the email and signed up for the secondary portal and literally cannot find it in the portal.... please tell me it's hard to locate and I haven't just completely lost my mind o_O

View attachment 358708

Am I totally just missing an easy button to submit the secondary? I got the email and signed up for the secondary portal and literally cannot find it in the portal.... please tell me it's hard to locate and I haven't just completely lost my mind o_O
LMAO just kidding, a tab on the left magically appeared about 5 minutes after I posted this of course

Just got put on hold for a secondary:

Thank you for your application to the Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). At this time, you have not been selected to proceed in the application process. Please know this is not a denial. We will continue to review your application materials, as well as any updates submitted to AACOMAS, throughout the admission process and let you know if your status changes.
Interesting. I still haven't heard a thing but my MCAT is lower than you so I'll probably get it soon lol

Just got II after submitting secondary yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
II received! Literally 4 minutes after submitting my secondary. OOS (PNW), 503, 3.23
Does anyone know the dates, haven't gotten the scheduling portal yet and I want to search flights haha
My first one, so exciting! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II received! Literally 4 minutes after submitting my secondary. OOS (PNW), 503, 3.23
Does anyone know the dates, haven't gotten the scheduling portal yet and I want to search flights haha
My first one, so exciting!

They didn’t even read your essays

My first one, so exciting! 😭
Congrats. What's PNW?

My first one, so exciting!

Log in to the to the portal for your secondary and you will see your interview option.

I got an II today. I'm OOS (like NE U.S far). Received the secondary on 8/18. I submitted the secondary today, and I submitted the technical standards document. Not even 2 minutes after I received the confirmation, I received an interview invite for the in-person interviews. Did this happen to anyone else- should I be concerned?

I got an II today. I'm OOS (like NE U.S far). Received the secondary on 8/18. I submitted the secondary today, and I submitted the technical standards document. Not even 2 minutes after I received the confirmation, I received an interview invite for the in-person interviews. Did this happen to anyone else- should I be concerned?

Concerned about what? Getting an interview?
I got my II within 20 minutes of sending the technical standard doc as well.

Can second EarlyBird on this one. Got my II within 20-30min after submitting secondary and technical standards

Same I just submitted my secondary on Saturday.. it’s a legit interview but I’m curious what they’re looking for in apps, since some have been screened pre-secondary

i got primary received aug 4. no secondary yet or any email about a hold. having the faith that i get a secondary and ii <3

Same I just submitted my secondary on Saturday.. it’s a legit interview but I’m curious what they’re looking for in apps, since some have been screened pre-secondary
They’re very big on mission fit, last cycle they specifically put people on hold that had below a 500 MCAT and gave them a secondary later in the cycle, don’t think I’ve seen any pre secondary R’s yet

i got primary received aug 4. no secondary yet or any email about a hold. having the faith that i get a secondary and ii <3
If you read through the thread, most people did not hear back for a month or so after that email. You have plenty of time.

Hi guys! I wanted to share my experience because I think it might help give some clarity regarding ARCOM's timeline.

Sent in AACOMAS applications on 08/11
Application verified and sent to schools 08/12
Received confirmation of receipt of primary on 08/14
Received invitation to complete secondary on 08/17
Completed secondary on 08/22 at 2 pm
Received invitation to interview on 08/22 at 3 pm

From what I've read on these forums and others, it seems like they screen a lot before their secondaries and send them only to candidates they want to interview. I always thought schools sent secondaries to all applicants who meet the basic minimum requirements. I don't think I've come across any other schools that do this, does anyone know if there are others?

Hi guys! I wanted to share my experience because I think it might help give some clarity regarding ARCOM's timeline.

Sent in AACOMAS applications on 08/11
Application verified and sent to schools 08/12
Received confirmation of receipt of primary on 08/14
Received invitation to complete secondary on 08/17
Completed secondary on 08/22 at 2 pm
Received invitation to interview on 08/22 at 3 pm

From what I've read on these forums and others, it seems like they screen a lot before their secondaries and send them only to candidates they want to interview. I always thought schools sent secondaries to all applicants who meet the basic minimum requirements. I don't think I've come across any other schools that do this, does anyone know if there are others?
wow so u got a quick turn around for everything! i got primary received email 8/4 and nothing after.
also could u share ur stats?

Basically got a second email that reiterated the exact thing that the other email we received did:

Thank you for your application to Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM). We have reviewed your application materials, and at this time you have not been selected to receive a Secondary Application invitation. We will continue to re-evaluate application materials for all applicants throughout the cycle, so please be sure to update your information should you have new MCAT scores, grades, experiences, or achievements to add that might make your application more competitive. Check the AACOMAS site for additional information on Academic Update periods.

We look forward to receiving and reviewing any updated information you provide throughout the remainder of the cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
I emailed them to reiterate my interest and ask for feedback, and they answered that my application will be reviewed again this week and that I have a competitive application and a strong understanding of the ARCOM mission. If you are a competitive applicant and really want a chance here, maybe send them an email.

I emailed them to reiterate my interest and ask for feedback, and they answered that my application will be reviewed again this week and that I have a competitive application and a strong understanding of the ARCOM mission. If you are a competitive applicant and really want a chance here, maybe send them an email.
tysm for this, just sent an email also!

Who did you email ?

Anybody know the format of the actual interviews? Closed/open file? 1-1 or MMI??

Just heard back from them. They said I'm STILL under initial review and that I should hear back in at least two weeks lol they're really thinking hard about me.

Just heard back from them. They said I'm STILL under initial review and that I should hear back in at least two weeks lol they're really thinking hard about me.
what day did you get primary received?

Emailed them yesterday also but nothing for me yet