2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
May today be the day we hear something!! But if not, try to do something fun/something you like over the weekend. (Because if you’re anything like me, your brain doesn’t just shut off because you know nothing happens on the weekends)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
May today be the day we hear something!! But if not, try to do something fun/something you like over the weekend. (Because if you’re anything like me, your brain doesn’t just shut off because you know nothing happens on the weekends)
HAHA! Thanks for that reminder because same.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 354920
When you call a medical school about your waitlist status and they tell you to check your email/phone for any updates

Like we haven’t been checking already
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was going to mention the Facebook group yesterday, because I was also thinking it’s probably not accurate as people with multiple acceptances that are withdrawing haven’t left the group yet. I also don’t know if this means anything but, someone I know that applied just got an email today officially notifying them that they weren’t selected for interview. While we know they stopped interviewing in April, this makes me feel like they’re just now really trying to work on getting the class full. Idk if it’s good or bad haha but I wanted to give y’all the info that I know :)
Just for reference as well, I was accepted back in March to the Harrogate campus, but I asked to be switched to Knoxville, and since my intentions were to be switched to the Knoxville campus, I joined both FB groups (Knoxville and Harrogate). I recently removed myself from the Knoxville Class of 2026 FB group after visiting both cities and finding housing, but I am sure lots of other students joined both groups/did the same as I did, so the numbers might be higher on the FB groups than they actually are for the class!! Just a glimpse of hope for those of you constantly checking the member numbers (I did the same exact thing when I was waiting for a decision from LMU lol) Best of luck to you all <3

Reactions: 6 users
Just to give some of y’all hope to get off the waitlist- my husband is withdrawing his acceptance to go to a school closer to home & was accepted off of their waitlist.

LMU-DCOM was a top choice, but he has young daughters & wants them to be closer to grandparents. LMU-DCOM is an amazing program & whoever gets his spot will have well deserved it!! Best of luck to you guys!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just to give some of y’all hope to get off the waitlist- my husband is withdrawing his acceptance to go to a school closer to home & was accepted off of their waitlist.

LMU-DCOM was his dream school, but he has young daughters & wants them to be closer to grandparents. LMU-DCOM is an amazing program & whoever gets his spot will have well deserved it!! Best of luck to you guys!
Thank you! All the positive words are appreciated :) best of luck to your husband and your family!! ❤️

new week new opportunities , we got this keep your head up everyone !!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a spam call from TN this morning that didn't pop up on my phone as spam like it usually does 🥴🙃

Reactions: 1 user
anyone know when LMU does their white coat ceremony? I saw that class of ‘24 had theirs after their second year but was that because of COVID or is that when they usually do it?

Just withdrew my Accetance to the Knoxville Campus

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Are you from a rural area?
Yes I am from a rural area. Vastly improved my application and have now been rejected from this school. I am happy to report that I have been accepted to my instate MD program. This is my 3rd go around so for those of you not accepted yet... keep on keepin' on!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if we can still expect to see waitlist movement? wondering how long I should hold out hope before I need to start making other plans!

Does anyone know if we can still expect to see waitlist movement? wondering how long I should hold out hope before I need to start making other plans!
I’m pretty sure they give those who are accepted in multiple places 2 weeks to withdraw their other acceptances before LMU kicks them out of the class. Given the day where you need to make decisions about multiple acceptances was May 15, that two weeks isn’t up until May 29. Someone posted on here just this morning that they withdrew. So I’d think at least through the first week of June there’s decent movement! Plus someone posted on her last week that they called and they had said there’d be movement in the following weeks. So I would think you can keep on hoping for a bit longer :)

I’m pretty sure they give those who are accepted in multiple places 2 weeks to withdraw their other acceptances before LMU kicks them out of the class. Given the day where you need to make decisions about multiple acceptances was May 15, that two weeks isn’t up until May 29. Someone posted on here just this morning that they withdrew. So I’d think at least through the first week of June there’s decent movement! Plus someone posted on her last week that they called and they had said there’d be movement in the following weeks. So I would think you can keep on hoping for a bit longer :)

That’s what I was thinking too! Just wanted to make sure I was on the right page :)

I also checked last years SDN page for DCOM just to see and it seems some more movement did happen around the first of June even towards the middle so . I will continue to wait and keep the faith

That’s what I was thinking too! Just wanted to make sure I was on the right page :)

I also checked last years SDN page for DCOM just to see and it seems some more movement did happen around the first of June even towards the middle so . I will continue to wait and keep the faith
I did see that too! I just was unsure if their cycle was little different due to COVID, but either way I would think there’s a decent chance during this week and likely the few following weeks. I’m right there with ya!!

I did see that too! I just was unsure if their cycle was little different due to COVID, but either way I would think there’s a decent chance during this week and likely the few following weeks. I’m right there with ya!!

Exactly! I wondered if COVID had something to do with it or if it was just standard to see more movement then every cycle.

Regardless, until we hear otherwise, we’ll continue to think positively

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I am from a rural area. Vastly improved my application and have now been rejected from this school. I am happy to report that I have been accepted to my instate MD program. This is my 3rd go around so for those of you not accepted yet... keep on keepin' on!
You preferred DO?

Withdrew my acceptance. Hopefully it goes to one of y'all!

Acceptance was officially withdrawn today so a spot has opened up for Knoxville 👍🏻

Reactions: 9 users
I'm still in total shock but I got the call yesterday! I needed a moment to let everything set in. Interviewed on 2/4, and W early March. Sent an LOI beginning of April and here we are!

I'm still in total shock but I got the call yesterday! I needed a moment to let everything set in. Interviewed on 2/4, and W early March. Sent an LOI beginning of April and here we are!
Congratulations!! So happy for you!

Reactions: 3 users
Should I write a letter of intent even if I don’t have any notable additions to my application but LMU is still my top choice? And if so who would I sent the letter to?

Congrats future doctor! Do you feel comfortable sharing stats?

Congrats future doctor! Do you feel comfortable sharing stats?
Not so much numbers but I will say I was pretty average on MCAT, I did a two year master's program after I graduated and the past 2 years I've been working in a clinical setting so I have a lot of experience to make up for my non 4.0 gpa LOL

Just got my acceptance call. I am in utter shock since this is not a school that’s been too much on my radar. 1250$ deposit due in 24 hours

• Love
Reactions: 4 users