2021-2022 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, maybe tomorrow.

Then maybe the next day, then the next, then Monday, then maybe Tuesday, then maybe Wednesday, then etc.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the call! 😭🤩
Interviewed 3/18, waitlisted 3/28 & accepted 5/18.

Good luck to my fellow waitlisted! Keep your head up friends! 💗

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call! 😭🤩
Interviewed 3/18, waitlisted 3/28 & accepted 5/18.

Good luck to my fellow waitlisted! Keep your head up friends! 💗
So is it true that it’s just random timing?

Congrats though!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, and then there were 4 (most active ones I see here, but not forgetting anyone else - I just wanted to use this line)

Darling, Chicken and Don’t Stop; our time is soon, whether that be this week, next or next month.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Well, and then there were 4 (most active ones I see here, but not forgetting anyone else - I just wanted to use this line)

Darling, Chicken and Don’t Stop; our time is soon, whether that be this week, next or next month.

If they’re doing 3/18 then us 4/08’s should be coming soon hopefully!!

Based on this thread, I feel more like they’re just going through It randomly. Since people earlier this week posted about interviewing in January, waitlisted February and just accepted. I know someone who interviewed 3/4 and got in before they did - and now a 3/18 got in. Who truly knows the method though, just speculating. Trying to make myself more patient lol.

Based on this thread, I feel more like they’re just going through It randomly. Since people earlier this week posted about interviewing in January, waitlisted February and just accepted. I know someone who interviewed 3/4 and got in before they did - and now a 3/18 got in. Who truly knows the method though, just speculating. Trying to make myself more patient lol.

Oh shoot. That’s true. Hopefully whatever their method is, we all get in

I Interviewed in Feb... still waiting :(...

Can I be added to your crew Capt Obvious (even tho I interviewed in Feb)? LOL

I Interviewed in Feb... still waiting :(...

Can I be added to your crew Capt Obvious (even tho I interviewed in Feb)?
Everyone still anxiously waiting is welcome, we’ve still got many days left so let’s not give up hope yet (as much as I want to)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
ALSO, not really sure how they are reviewing the waitlist since they took people off from Jan interviewers and then today March so idk...

I agree friends! There’s still time, don’t give up hope just yet! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree friends! There’s still time, don’t give up hope just yet! :)
Very comforting to see none of us are alone in this process. Hopefully we all get in and we’ll be laughing about this thread while studying for our med school courses together 🥺

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Very comforting to see none of us are alone in this process. Hopefully we all get in and we’ll be laughing about this thread while studying for our med school courses together 🥺
That’s the goal!!! 👩🏼‍🤝‍👨🏽👩🏻‍🤝‍👩🏾👨🏽‍🤝‍👨🏻👩🏽‍🤝‍👨🏾

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone whos been pulled off the waitlist feel like sharing stats? sometimes that can be reassuring to see where they are rn.

A new day means new opportunity , hang in there everyone !! We got this

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone whos been pulled off the waitlist feel like sharing stats? sometimes that can be reassuring to see where they are rn.
Supposedly they look at the waitlist applicants holistically , Don't know if its true or not but that's what they said

F7C9C031-D539-4009-A4B5-6C4410DF4CC7.gif

Reactions: 6 users
I’m so glad for all of you! Maybe like 1 person in my family knows that I’m waitlisted and just waiting to hear if I get in! I can’t tell them because they don’t understand how this all works and then would probably start going around telling people I got in.

In the off chance I don’t get the call, that would be a whole lot harder to explain to them so I’ve just kept quiet until I know something. Because of that I’m in my head a lot just overthinking so I’m glad we all have each other to vent to and be nervous, anxious, & excited with through the whole process!!

Nearing the 12:30 mark, expecting to hear absolutely nothing because that’s just how it is

Reactions: 1 user
Normally I don’t even like when my phone rings (it’s usually spam, but I don’t get many phone calls anyway lol), but now I wait all day hoping it does

Since someone yesterday got an acceptance call around 4:30, that has sooo helped me not obsess over 12:30PM as much hahaha so hang in there, It could be any time!

Since someone yesterday got an acceptance call around 4:30, that has sooo helped me not obsess over 12:30PM as much hahaha so hang in there, It could be any time!

Very true!! I thought they stayed in until 4:30 anyway, but it’s reassuring to know they could still call until that time.

Any news?

Nothing here.
Nope. Running on fumes here when it comes to staying positive... I was looking at the Facebook group for the Harrogate campus and it looks to be getting pretty full. Not too many spots left if the majority of those accepted join the FB group.

Nope. Running on fumes here when it comes to staying positive... I was looking at the Facebook group for the Harrogate campus and it looks to be getting pretty full. Not too many spots left if the majority of those accepted join the FB group.
Yeah that’s scaring me as well. What is it at now? There are like 243 spots available at Harrogate and 194 available at Knoxville for totals iirc.

Well we still have tomorrow and next week.

Nothing will happen, but hey it’s still there.

I haven’t looked at it but I don’t want to now
I'm hoping that a lot of people who held multiple acceptances just haven't left/been kicked out of the group and that number isn't as accurate as I'm thinking it is. 🤞

I'm hoping that a lot of people who held multiple acceptances just haven't left/been kicked out of the group and that number isn't as accurate as I'm thinking it is.

Samesies! I’m not willing to give up hope…. Yet. Ask me tomorrow

I was going to mention the Facebook group yesterday, because I was also thinking it’s probably not accurate as people with multiple acceptances that are withdrawing haven’t left the group yet. I also don’t know if this means anything but, someone I know that applied just got an email today officially notifying them that they weren’t selected for interview. While we know they stopped interviewing in April, this makes me feel like they’re just now really trying to work on getting the class full. Idk if it’s good or bad haha but I wanted to give y’all the info that I know :)

I was going to mention the Facebook group yesterday, because I was also thinking it’s probably not accurate as people with multiple acceptances that are withdrawing haven’t left the group yet. I also don’t know if this means anything but, someone I know that applied just got an email today officially notifying them that they weren’t selected for interview. While we know they stopped interviewing in April, this makes me feel like they’re just now really trying to work on getting the class full. Idk if it’s good or bad haha but I wanted to give y’all the info that I know :)

Thanks for the info! I think the same as you that they’re really working now on getting the class full :). When I emailed my LOI a little over a week ago they told me then the next few weeks would see more movement as far as the waitlist!!

Also, random, but tiktok keeps showing me a ton of med school tiktoks and I’m like

• Haha
If I am not mistaking, do they not have 30 days after May 15 to decide on a school (people with multiple acceptances)?

Reactions: 1 user
If I am not mistaking, do they not have 30 days after May 15 to decide on a school (people with multiple acceptances)?
"...After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited, and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one COM to avoid having positions withdrawn."

Not to concern you folks further, but the numbers on the Facebook group may not be as helpful in gauging class size. Faculty/staff and students from other classes will probably be joining that group to answer questions, advertise tutoring, etc. throughout the year. I wouldn’t worry too much when they hit & exceed 225.