2021-2022 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Submitted 6/28 and still haven’t received an update. Idk if that’s good or bad lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The suspense is killing me. I wonder if it’s better to be placed on hold or complete. Anyone know from past cycles?

Reactions: 5 users
so I had received the email about completing the secondary app prior to my primary being verified, but should I expect to receive another email from this school letting me know that they received my primary or should I just assume it made it there? lol

The suspense is killing me. I wonder if it’s better to be placed on hold or complete. Anyone know from past cycles?
It really varies from person to person. Consensus seems to be that they just put a lot of people on hold to see what the applicant pool looks like as the cycle progresses (which doesn’t make sense to me because then why rolling admissions and stress everyone out to submit ASAP?) but July is still really early.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It really varies from person to person. Consensus seems to be that they just put a lot of people on hold to see what the applicant pool looks like as the cycle progresses (which doesn’t make sense to me because then why rolling admissions and stress everyone out to submit ASAP?) but July is still really early.
So if you’re just complete I’m assuming it’s most likely a soft R?

So if you’re just complete I’m assuming it’s most likely a soft R?
No....

It just means your app is about to be reviewed or is being reviewed. GWU is explicit about your status

Reactions: 2 users
does gw email you when you're put on hold?

does gw email you when you're put on hold?
No, your portal updates

Also I was stalking past threads and found this from the 2019 GW thread:
"Someone I went to undergrad with is an admissions counselor at GW. I emailed him last year about the hold status. This is what he said:
'Almost all applicants get placed on hold for some period of time. The people who get invites right away is very limited and usually is reserved for people that the committee knows they will want to interview regardless of what the rest of the applicant pool looks like.'

Reactions: 8 users
No, your portal updates

"Someone I went to undergrad with is an admissions counselor at GW. I emailed him last year about the hold status. This is what he said:
'Almost all applicants get placed on hold for some period of time. The people who get invites right away is very limited and usually is reserved for people that the committee knows they will want to interview regardless of what the rest of the applicant pool looks like.'

I wanna know who those people are lol

No, your portal updates

RIP if you aren’t placed on hold then lol.

Like if you're still on "file complete"

Reactions: 14 users
Guys, nobody knows what holds (or lack thereof) means except the adcoms themselves. It's only July, let's all take a deep breath and chill out :)

Reactions: 7 users
Guys, nobody knows what holds (or lack thereof) means except the adcoms themselves. It's only July, let's all take a deep breath and chill out :)
But I want to be outraged about something. I say let’s start a full blow mutiny

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Got my final LOR in on Friday, sitting on complete rn. Last few years it looked like people went "Under review" for about a week before they got II's, does anyone have that status?
I was complete on 7/6 and am still 'Under Review' rn. No idea what that means but I'm chillin'

I was complete 7/7 and still under review. However, I applied last year and was never moved out of under review so I am not optimistic.

I really think the mantra “no news is bad news” depends upon whether a school is known for actively rejecting applicants or prefers silent rejections. Not sure in this case.

Would talking about my experiences on a medical service trip constitute as "direct patient contact"?

When I open the Portal I get this message:

Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.

Does this mean I'm under review or on hold?

Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee works diligently to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be sometime until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.

I too have this message, i was under the impression that it meant neither of those things, but idk.

Pretty sure it means they haven't started reviewing your secondary yet.

submitted 7/8 still marked as complete

Last edited: