2021-2022 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all of the new Dukies!! It is hard to get in Duke-NUS but you guys make it!!!! Please give a big hand to yourself first (before real things start, hahaha!) Anyway, if you have any questions (esp. international), you can contact me. I will try my best to reply asap.
I would recommend for those who got the offer alr. please find one representative to open a telegram group/whatsapp group to gather all the Dukie tgt to facilitate communication.
For those who are still waiting, it is painful for the waiting game. I mean it. I truly understand, I waited more than 3 months! BUT! Don't lose hope right now. Even you failed in this cycle, you have achieved more than most of the people and deserve recognition. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Got an interview offer for 01/13! Wondering if you guys had any interview tips for the faculty interviews?

Hey everyone, I would love to get acquainted with my future classmates! Especially as an international student, I'm sure there will be quite a few challenges with moving and adjusting (amongst other things!), so I would love to get to know fellow internationals and also get some tips from the locals!

To those who received an offer/my seniors, I'm going to start a WhatsApp group (hope this is alright with people)! So if you're interested in connecting, please DM me your info and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group :) Hope we can meet face-to-face soon!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I would love to get acquainted with my future classmates! Especially as an international student, I'm sure there will be quite a few challenges with moving and adjusting (amongst other things!), so I would love to get to know fellow internationals and also get some tips from the locals!

To those who received an offer/my seniors, I'm going to start a WhatsApp group (hope this is alright with people)! So if you're interested in connecting, please DM me your info and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group :) Hope we can meet face-to-face soon!
Hi, i have trouble DM-ing you! Could you drop me one instead so i could be included into the WA group please! Thank you :)

Has anyone from 27 Oct Applicant day receive updates from Duke NUS? 🥲

Last edited:
hang in there pals!!

I’m pretty curious about the engagement session. Could anybody who attended just now pls share how it was like ? 🤓 was it only for applicants who accepted the offer? how many people attended? this would help distract me from the wait

hang in there pals!!

I’m pretty curious about the engagement session. Could anybody who attended just now pls share how it was like ? 🤓 was it only for applicants who accepted the offer? how many people attended? this would help distract me from the wait
Hang in there!! The wait will be worth :) Best of luck!!

It was a really chill introduction session, we were introduced to some faculty and current MD students, and they shared some info about the school. Some tips for school, an introduction to the SingHealth group, we introduced ourselves to each other, etc. Yes, I think it's only for people who accepted the offer, and around 30 people attended I think!

Reactions: 1 user
Hang in there!! The wait will be worth :) Best of luck!!

It was a really chill introduction session, we were introduced to some faculty and current MD students, and they shared some info about the school. Some tips for school, an introduction to the SingHealth group, we introduced ourselves to each other, etc. Yes, I think it's only for people who accepted the offer, and around 30 people attended I think!
Firstly, congrats to you and everyone who got an A btw!!

Thanks a lot for the sharing yr experience :’) sounded like a good get to know each other session

Hopefully there wld be another batch of results will be released soon! Also, atb to 13 Jan AD peeps!! 💪🏼

Last edited:
Just received the offer. It has been a long wait, I am so grateful! See you guys in school 😄

Hello!! I’m a re-applicant who got an offer today, and just wanted to reach out to those who have tried more than once or who are still waiting for results. Having experienced it firsthand, I know the waiting and process can be tough - but hang in there and keep going if this is what you really want :) Hope your motivation to do medicine only grows stronger along the way and I wish you guys all the very best!! Congrats to those who got an A as well :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who got their acceptances! Can’t wait to see you all in school! :)

Congrats to those with got acceptances! Since silvermag and bleni both got their offers today, is it safe to assume that a new batch of offers have been all given out today, or will there still be some offers sent during this week?

Got my offer last night! Question: when do we find out about the results about our scholarship application? If I didn’t see anything in my offer email, does that mean I didn’t get any? Thank you!!

Received my offer today as well! Applied just before the early deadline in late August, interviewed on 27 October.

I just want to thank everyone here for all the advice, information, and support! All the best to everyone still waiting to hear back, and to my new classmates, I can't wait to see you all soon!

Hi.. Has anyone received an interview date for the PhD in Integrated Biology and Medicine?

Got my offer last night! Question: when do we find out about the results about our scholarship application? If I didn’t see anything in my offer email, does that mean I didn’t get any? Thank you!!
Congrats!
If I'm not wrong, it will come out separate from the offer and much later in time because the school requires most of the class to be filled first before considering scholarship based on merit.

Congratulations to all of the new Dukies!! It is hard to get in Duke-NUS but you guys make it!!!! Please give a big hand to yourself first (before real things start, hahaha!) Anyway, if you have any questions (esp. international), you can contact me. I will try my best to reply asap.
I would recommend for those who got the offer alr. please find one representative to open a telegram group/whatsapp group to gather all the Dukie tgt to facilitate communication.
For those who are still waiting, it is painful for the waiting game. I mean it. I truly understand, I waited more than 3 months! BUT! Don't lose hope right now. Even you failed in this cycle, you have achieved more than most of the people and deserve recognition. Good luck!
Hiii! I am now a year 2 Biochemistry student, and I’d like to ask if you have any advice on how to prepare for MD PhD track🥺 Any suggestion would really help a lot

for those who attended both applicant days in feb, how many people were there in each session?

Hi, are there anyone who applied for PhD that have recieved invitation email yet. Thanks.

Hi, are there anyone who applied for PhD that have recieved invitation email yet. Thanks.
Still No.. The applicant days are on 2nd and 3rd... I think we should get the e-mail by now.. if we are shortlisted

Hi hi, I am not an applicant for the PhD (IBM) programme, but my colleague is.

Last I heard, it seems that they have sent out interview invites last thursday. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!! I’m a re-applicant who got an offer today, and just wanted to reach out to those who have tried more than once or who are still waiting for results. Having experienced it firsthand, I know the waiting and process can be tough - but hang in there and keep going if this is what you really want :) Hope your motivation to do medicine only grows stronger along the way and I wish you guys all the very best!! Congrats to those who got an A as well :)
Hello! if you don't mind sharing, May I ask what changes did you make to your application this time round?

Hi hi, I am not an applicant for the PhD (IBM) programme, but my colleague is.

Last I heard, it seems that they have sent out interview invites last thursday. Hope this helps!
Hi, thank you so much for the information.. I e-mailed today itself and asked about my application... said I'm not shortlisted... Wish all the very best to everyone who has selected 🙂

Hi everyone. I received my rejection letter from Duke-NUS last week 😔. It was my first time applying to Duke-NUS as well as my first time taking the MCAT exam. However, I am not giving up and would be reapplying and retaking my MCAT again this August.

If any of you guys are in similar situation and would like to join a study/support group, I have created a telegram group which you can access via this link:

For those still waiting for a reply, I hope you receive your acceptance soon! I would also appreciate any tips for retaking the MCAT exam! Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone. I received my rejection letter from Duke-NUS last week 😔. It was my first time applying to Duke-NUS as well as my first time taking the MCAT exam. However, I am not giving up and would be reapplying and retaking my MCAT again this August.

If any of you guys are in similar situation and would like to join a study/support group, I have created a telegram group which you can access via this link:

For those still waiting for a reply, I hope you receive your acceptance soon! I would also appreciate any tips for retaking the MCAT exam! Thank you.

Glad to know that you are not giving up! Wishing you all the best for your upcoming MCAT and application next year! 💪🏼

when was your applicant day?

Me! Got the email this morning? I did anyway. See you there!

So sorry to hear that. Wish you all the best for your MCAT study and reapplication!
I got a senior that said CARS requires a lot of practice, maybe start practise CARS asap.
God bless you and stay safe.
JIAYOUSS and see you next year.

its already 2nd week of march, has anyone heard back since the last offer release on 12 jan?

I remembered the panels mentioned that usually the decision would be made around 5 weeks (if I am recalling it correctly), but would the offer be really made around that period or does it tend to be delayed?

I remembered the panels mentioned that usually the decision would be made around 5 weeks (if I am recalling it correctly), but would the offer be really made around that period or does it tend to be delayed?
i think the standard duration is 2 months (minimum) after your AD