2020-2021 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
withdrew my offer, hope it goes to one of u~

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I recently received the offer. I'm wondering if anyone knows when is the program start date? Thank you!
I was waitlisted since Nov/Dec, sending hopes to those who are waiting :)
Similar situation
Waitlisted and got the offer recently
This offer is too late😑(might decline it

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, I recently received the offer. I'm wondering if anyone knows when is the program start date? Thank you!
Congrats!!
16 July is registration day, and 19 July is the first day of school

hope that helps

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats!!! would you mind sharing your stats? Thx a lot!

I dun have the energy to review all the contents anymore I only got 502 but I submitted anyway
Hi! Do you mind sharing if you managed to get an interview with this score? Thanks so much!

Hello everyone! I interviewed on 14 Sep and received an offer on 6 Nov. All the very best to those who are still waiting!! Don't lose hope and stay positive! Really excited to meet all of you guys in school!
Hi, May i know what your stats were like? That is if you are comfortable sharing!

Hello,

I think your GPA is considered good. However, our school has a strict cut-off for MCAT. I am wondering if you can retake MCAT and get AT LEAST 513. I cannot tell you the details as a current med student at Duke-NUS. However, if I were you, I would retake it. You can try the other med entrance exam GAMSAT.
Hi kjs8028, understand that 2021 batch average mcat score has increased by a good 3 points. I was wondering if you know whether the strict cut off has increased to 516? (': thank you so much

Sure. 3.7GPA, 514 MCAT. Most of my extracurriculars are volunteering positions.

From what I understand from the Q&A sessions I've attended, MD-PhD students are placed in the same pool as MD students, as in they need to be accepted into the MD program. After that they are placed into a PhD admissions cycle where they have additional interviews to determine acceptance into the PhD program. Best thing to do would be to ask the admissions team if you have any specific questions, they're very responsive and quite friendly.
May I ask what kind of volunteer activities have you took part in? I'm year 3(tho not until sept) but I'm not sure when is best to take mcat and when to start doing volunteer... would help so much if you could offer some advice!