2021-2022 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Recently got accepted and would love to ask some current students on their thoughts on the school and their overall option on the area, curriculum, rotation sites, and etc. Feel free to post here or please pm! Thank you.
Hey! Congrats. May I ask when you interviewed and when you heard back?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school qualify for federal loans? I found a thread from 2016 but I know that things change. Thank you very much!

Does this school qualify for federal loans? I found a thread from 2016 but I know that things change. Thank you very much!
Yep! I get GRAD PLUS and other stuff here at BCOM.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that were accepted, did you receive a phone call?

Got an email two weeks ago that my app is still under review. Been done since July. Hope that turns into an II.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya girl was waitlisted! I am really happy I really like this school! For those who were waitlisted first what did that process look like for you.
My interview was 1/12 (if I am correct) I heard back 2 weeks ago and forgot to update.

Ya girl was waitlisted! I am really happy I really like this school! For those who were waitlisted first what did that process look like for you.
My interview was 1/12 (if I am correct) I heard back 2 weeks ago and forgot to update.
I waited for months and did absolutely nothing- then I got accepted lols. Anyone else?

Asking for some advice here. Would it be wise to send BCOM a Letter of intent if I interviewed this past Friday? Or is that ill-advised?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Asking for some advice here. Would it be wise to send BCOM a Letter of intent if I interviewed this past Friday? Or is that ill-advised?
I am unsure if you are referring to a simple a letter of intent or an actual update letter. Personally, I would send it if the update says things that are not on your application- or you have a significant experience/amount of hours doing the activity that is on your application already- but with more hours lols. So if you meet either of those criteria- then I don't think it would hurt. That is my non-professional opinion as I do not recall sending an update letter after an interview. I think I sent one before being offered an interview invite- but even then I don't remember clearly if I did.

There is an SDN admin named Goro- a famous poster on SDN who seems to be an adcom for a med school (who I have seen verbally **** on BCOM once or twice on posts or random threads haha), and he/she/they talk about Letters of intent/interest in a negative way. I felt obligated to show you in case it helped.

Just Ctrl+F "Goro" and you will see his response on these 3 threads.

For this OLDER post, do Ctrl+F "LizzyM". LizzyM is famous for the LizzyM Score (used to help students gauge their med school chances- I never used it btw)

But other articles say letters of intent are a good thing- so idk anymore.

Done with the interview, I think it went well. Lovely people.

They say that the responses come within 2-3 weeks, so if I don’t hear within that I’ll try an LoI unless I should before then?
I called today for an app update (I interviewed 1/20) and they said they are around 2 weeks behind. So I would anticipate 5-ish weeks to hear back :/

Done with the interview, I think it went well. Lovely people.

They say that the responses come within 2-3 weeks, so if I don’t hear within that I’ll try an LoI unless I should before then?
Might be worth waiting a bit longer. 2-3 weeks is already a very quick turnaround so I'd give them a bit more slack. 2 other schools I've interviewed with take 6-8 weeks and longer lol.

i also interviewed 1/20 and i havent heard anything yet!
Well at least we're all in the same boat. Im just getting so antsy. I called AGAIN and they still have no updates. They just said they're running a week or two behind :/

Withdrew my A, best of luck everyone!
I’m assuming you have an acceptance elsewhere, and if that’s the case congrats!

Did you get any idea from them how many seats are left? They told us yesterday only that “it was not full.”

I’m assuming you have an acceptance elsewhere, and if that’s the case congrats!

Did you get any idea from them how many seats are left? They told us yesterday only that “it was not full.”
Thanks! Unfortunately they never mentioned anything like that.

hoping to get an ii here :(

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?

Hi everyone, would applying here with a 496 MCAT score be alright?
I’ve seen some people get interviews with below a 500, but the rest of their app was great and really made them stand out

Withdrawing my A, good luck to everyone and I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Are there any current students on this thread? I'd love to ask some questions about the school! I have an interview soon and would like to learn more about the program :)

Just interviewed today 3.8 GPA, 500 MCAT hoping for the best!

Anyone interview on 1/14? It's literally been 6 weeks which is absurd to me given that they said 2-3 weeks at the interview. I emailed last week and they said they weren't able to provide any updates. I know people who interviewed mid-December also heard back after 6 weeks but I assumed it had to do with winter break and what not. This is the longest a school has ever taken for me.

Anyone interview on 1/14? It's literally been 6 weeks which is absurd to me given that they said 2-3 weeks at the interview. I emailed last week and they said they weren't able to provide any updates. I know people who interviewed mid-December also heard back after 6 weeks but I assumed it had to do with winter break and what not. This is the longest a school has ever taken for me.
I know I feel the same way. Interviewed 1/20 and I called a few times and got the same answer: we don’t have updates and don’t know when you’ll get your decision.

At this point I’m really scared I’ve been waiting for 6 weeks just to get an R :/

I know I feel the same way. Interviewed 1/20 and I called a few times and got the same answer: we don’t have updates and don’t know when you’ll get your decision.

At this point I’m really scared I’ve been waiting for 6 weeks just to get an R :/
Everything has to go through the dean and he individually has to approve of all decisions. So if he is behind schedule the admissions committee will not have an answer about when you will get your decision. I believe that 1/14-2/03 will get decisions at the same time either this week or next but not 100% positive

Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 1/20

• Care
Waitlisted just now. Interviewed 1/20
Hi! Awaiting my decision from BCOM but have been waitlisted somewhere else. I understand what you are going through. Let’s hang in there.

Hi! Awaiting my decision from BCOM but have been waitlisted somewhere else. I understand what you are going through. Let’s hang in there.
Thank you! Yeah I am nervous about more waiting haha. I'm not sure how much movement BCOM has on their WL (hopefully a lot! lol)