2020 NANS Rumors, Gossip, and Innuendo...Post it all here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
From every indication of the text storm between reps, this year's NANS is the one **NOT** to miss. It's going to be the duck's nuts!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes will be great...Deer and Sayed will have under qualified newly practicing physicians speaking on behalf of implants and procedures that have minimal evidence behind them and discussing treatment algorithms that all lead to products they obtain financial benefit from.

Reactions: 8 users
Yes will be great...Deer and Sayed will have under qualified newly practicing physicians speaking on behalf of implants and procedures that have minimal evidence behind them and discussing treatment algorithms that all lead to products they obtain financial benefit from.

What do you mean?

Sounds like you may want to be a speaker...

It’s a “do not miss” because next year they move to Orlando. Won’t be back to Vegas for a while which gets rid of the excuse to go to Vegas for many.

Also the adult video network awards are at the Hardrock the same weekend.

Medtronic reps were specifically told to not take docs to the hardrock.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

It’s a “do not miss” because next year they move to Orlando. Won’t be back to Vegas for a while which gets rid of the excuse to go to Vegas for many.

Other device reps are arranging bottle service VIP at the Hardrock.

Reactions: 2 users
1579798626222.png

Members don't see this ad :)
A few years ago I gave a lecture with Levy at Captiva Island. He went first speaking on behalf of multiple scs manufacturers. After 30 minutes the room was snoring. I spoke for Neurotherm and I had to yell loudly to wake everybody up so they can listen to me talk. I thought he was a pompous jack ass. But what do I know.

Dictations while driving make for lousy posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So we're officially bringing back SIJ fusion...Great.

How much effen “hardware” can you throw into a patient??? They just keep adding to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The research, which was presented at the 2020 North American Neuromodulation Society (NANS) annual meeting, also found that 78% of people had a baseline, or initial, Oswestry Disability Index (ODI) score of "severe," "crippling" or "bed bound." After receiving treatment from a Proclaim XR implant for six months, 71% of people in the study had a minimal or moderate ODI score, with 29% of people having a "severe" or "crippling" ODI score. ODI is a diseases specific measurement that is used to determine the patient's physical level of disability and measure change over a period of time.

"Chronic pain is a broad term that doesn't accurately capture the variety of issues and symptoms people experience as a result of it," said Timothy Deer M.D., DABPM, president and chief executive officer of The Spine and Nerve Center of the Virginias in Charleston, W.Va. "Whether the individual is worrying about being bedridden or experiencing severe pain for the rest of their lives, when we tell people about Proclaim XR, we can share with them the science behind the system to address physical and psychological aspects of pain."

Exciting new frontiers in pain management!

View attachment 293568

This stuff is truly not fusion its a distraction devise. You cant really fuse unless you go across a joint line. Many of these are like sticking a piece of bubble gum between two dinner plates and being impressed they dont fall apart for 2 minutes.

Heres the issue Dr. this is a poster that shows 7 patients with a mean follow up time of 5.1 months. How many of this patients had a follow up CT to prove that it was even in the joint? do you think a full fusion really occurred in patients that have a mean age of 71 years old in under 6 months ?
A lot of pain doctors now want to play surgeon with out being able to back up their complications with implants and devices that have no evidence backing them up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No dummy!

We are INTRODUCING SIJ fusion for patients in which we've FIRST implanted a SCS system...

So what you need to learn is you cannot treat SIJ pain until you've first put in that SCS system.

;-)

So I could theoretically within a 12-14 month period on one pt do 3 epidurals, an RFA, a stimulator trial and implant, an SIJ injection or two, then an SIJ fusion/wad of gum placement?

I'm gonna be so rich!

So I could theoretically within a 12-14 month period on one pt do 3 epidurals, an RFA, a stimulator trial and implant, an SIJ injection or two, then an SIJ fusion/wad of gum placement?

I'm gonna be so rich!
Yes, but just make sure to do it all at your out of network ASC. Ooh, and you can probably throw in some stem cells for their hip after that.

Ok all this science is wonderful, but most importantly, did the industry reps take people to the AVN meeting or no?

I'm gonna be so rich!
In all fairness, I know a neurosurgeon who does this but adds in a lami and a fusion before the auto insurance runs out.

So far we just have the MDT DTM study and the Nevro diabetic neuropathy study... I haven’t read anything else interesting or even that relevant released yet.

Reactions: 1 users

They also got a memo from corporate telling them not to engage in cannabis even though it’s legal. Orlando is gonna blow

My experience with Regen in the spine has been good for SIJ and subacute radiculopathies/sciatica but not much else. At this time I don't do intradiscal procedures.
Have had success with epidural lysate and intra-articular facet prp and have also had success with intradiscal prp for isolated annular tears in young patients ..oh damn should have private messaged you this..or maybe I just like to see people castigate my posts on sdn. To those who are jumping to reply to this in some way to presume I’m making a boat load of money off this..my answer is...my name is not Greg Lutz...mic drop

Last edited:
Have had success with epidural lysate and intra-articular facet prp and have also had success with intradiscal prp for isolated annular tears in young patients ..oh damn should have private messaged you this..or maybe I just like to see people castigate my posts on sdn. To those who are jumping to reply to this in some way to presume I’m making a boat load of money off this..my answer is...my name is not Greg Lutz...mic drop

Sounds like you’re onto something: What’s your experience been with intra-discal BMAC?

Ive had success by telling patients that current injections and surgeries do a poor job of treating pain coming from disks and to buckle down and work on the DLS.

If you were at NANS though you would change that L to a C

Was there any spinal cord stimulation at the AVN awards?

Ive had success by telling patients that current injections and surgeries do a poor job of treating pain coming from disks and to buckle down and work on the DLS.

The truth hurts sometimes. This, of course, is the correct, honest approach; however, how many times do you suppose this conversation goes on at most pain clinics?

The truth hurts sometimes. This, of course, is the correct, honest approach; however, how many times do you suppose this conversation goes on at most pain clinics?

i say it probably every day