2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any recent interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I paid my deposit and received my student email and ID...what is the next step?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I paid my deposit and received my student email and ID...what is the next step?

How long after you paid the deposit did you receive the email and ID?
They don’t have a student portal so we just have to wait for their communications.

How long after you paid the deposit did you receive the email and ID?
They don’t have a student portal so we just have to wait for their communications.
like two days. I see. I can log into Canvas at least. Thanks

like two days. I see. I can log into Canvas at least. Thanks
Strange, I was accepted in October and paid my deposit in December and haven’t heard a word since... I’m still not 100% set on this school so I haven’t really been worrying about it, but should I be worried and reach out?

Strange, I was accepted in October and paid my deposit in December and haven’t heard a word since... I’m still not 100% set on this school so I haven’t really been worrying about it, but should I be worried and reach out?
Yeah if you still have some intention to attend then you should definitely contact them. The business office and IT office should've sent you emails after you paid the deposit.

I got an interview invite and in the email they say its 20-30 minutes! Is this the official interview? How many people get interviewed together? Any tips?

Reactions: 1 users
just got the A. Canadian. LM: 70. Received Secondary last Monday, Interview last Friday (really quick turn around time).

Reactions: 2 users
II today, complete in July, LM ~66. Withdrew my application/declined the interview. Good luck everyone:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied extremely late, hoping to get an interview here.

anyone else complete early September with silence!? starting to lose hope.

Sorry for the random question but I remember reading somewhere that there is limited on-campus housing for medical students. Is this true. If not, are students able to find living quarters close by?

Any input on whether there is on-campus housing for medical students would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sorry for the random question but I remember reading somewhere that there is limited on-campus housing for medical students. Is this true. If not, are students able to find living quarters close by?

Any input on whether there is on-campus housing for medical students would be greatly appreciated!!!

There is some limited on-campus housing, but be warned that most of it is living in a dormitory with the undergraduate students. There are plenty of nearby apartment complexes I would recommend looking into first. If you get a roommate or 2, you can live for ~$500 / month including rent and utilities.

You do not want to live on campus.

Giving up my spot here, hopefully it goes to one of ya'll ! Good luck everyone.

Do they send rejections? My application has been complete since late August and I haven't heard anything.

Do most of the students opt for research during the summer after their first year? And what are the benefits?

Does anyone have a recent estimate of what percentage of applicants who interview at William Carey receive an acceptance? Any input will be appreciated!!!

Are interviews here open or closed file? Any general tips would be appreciated. I am interviewing here very soon. Thanks!!!

Hi! I'm an incoming OSM1 and I'm looking for roommates for Fall 2021, please message me if you are interested!

Accepted today.Going to decline Offer.Good Luck to who the seat goes to!

• Love
Got my acceptance today! I would really like to hear more about student life there.

Just received an interview invite. Does anyone know how full the class is at this time? I would like to know if I'm interviewing for a seat or waitlist. Thanks!

Just received an interview invite. Does anyone know how full the class is at this time? I would like to know if I'm interviewing for a seat or waitlist. Thanks!
It seems they are still sending out As to those who recently interviewed. The class of 2025 FB page only has 31 members atm, which obviously isn't the current class size but might give you an idea

The school released a video of this year’s match results on their Facebook page earlier today for those interested to see how they did. Lots of primary care, 2 orthopedic surgery, and 1 dermatology match.

Would you mind sharing your stats and when you submitted your secondary? I submitted mine two weeks ago and haven't heard back

The school released a video of this year’s match results on their Facebook page earlier today for those interested to see how they did. Lots of primary care, 2 orthopedic surgery, and 1 dermatology match.

The majority of our graduates will always be primary care. But if you look at the last 3 classes, there’s plenty of diversity in the various sub specialties including NSGY, a few ortho, and a few derm. Our match is progressively improving in that regard, as well as in the quality of programs we are matching into.

The majority of our graduates will always be primary care. But if you look at the last 3 classes, there’s plenty of diversity in the various sub specialties including NSGY, a few ortho, and a few derm. Our match is progressively improving in that regard, as well as in the quality of programs we are matching into.
Yea man I was surprised there wasn’t an IM match to LSU NOLA this year but overall the match has improved a lot in the last few years.

Not full. Know of at least one seat that was given up on Friday.

Can anyone speak for the quality of clinical rotations at this school?

Can anyone speak for the quality of clinical rotations at this school?

Largely dependent on which rotation site you get. Mine left a lot to be desired (Gulf Coast). There are application sites which I’m guessing provide a better clinical education. My advice would be to seek out which site provides the most exposure to inpatient medicine and GME.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/26. Accepted 3/19. My first med school acceptance so a huge relief.

Reactions: 4 users

I Lived in "University House" with 3 other medical students my OMS-1 year. Was just across the fence on the side of campus. Wasn't bad, but wasn't great either. I wound up getting an apartment with a roommate for my OMS-2 year. I'd go with the apartment

I was impressed with some of the EM matches, they went to places that were traditionally closed to DO's