2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! 3.75/506, complete 10/7

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Is there a place to start finding roommates for people who are expecting to attend WCUCOM?

Reactions: 2 users
accepted just now! interviewed 11/6

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to those accepted. Recent grad here. I’m currently on vacation, so willing to answer any questions while I have time.

This might be a silly question, but does the administration contact you when they receive your seat deposit?

Does this school do silent R pre-II? Radio silence from them since I submitted my primary in mid-July...

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to those accepted. Recent grad here. I’m currently on vacation, so willing to answer any questions while I have time.
what's your overall experience at this school been like?

Does this school do silent R pre-II? Radio silence from them since I submitted my primary in mid-July...
Send them an email! They do have selective pre-secondary screenings, but if you ask they will either tell you that you are rejected outright or you miss something (usually an English course) that they want, and they can send you a secondary if you fix that problem.

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
what's your overall experience at this school been like?

It was fine. Pretty standard first two years of med school. 3rd/4th year can vary depending on which rotation site you get. Still sub-par either way when compared to MD’s clinical years.

This might be a silly question, but does the administration contact you when they receive your seat deposit?

I don’t remember them doing so. You can always call them to verify.

Based on the acceptance letter, it seems we have to send the seat deposit in as a mailed check (ugh). Is it required that they receive it by 12/14 or that it’s postmarked by 12/14? If it’s the former, what’s the last day you guys would mail it to be sure it’ll make its there on time? I’ve had two other interviews I’m waiting to hear back on before sending WCUCOM $1000...

II this morning but will be declining! complete mid-August.

• Care
Based on the acceptance letter, it seems we have to send the seat deposit in as a mailed check (ugh). Is it required that they receive it by 12/14 or that it’s postmarked by 12/14? If it’s the former, what’s the last day you guys would mail it to be sure it’ll make its there on time? I’ve had two other interviews I’m waiting to hear back on before sending WCUCOM $1000...
I am in the same situation but I do believe there is an option to wire transfer. The attachment was included in my acceptance email.

I submitted my deposit through wire transfer and they got it the same day!

is there a facebook group or something for people who have been accepted?

I am in the same situation but I do believe there is an option to wire transfer. The attachment was included in my acceptance email.
Just went back and checked my acceptance email.. nothing about wire transfers in mine 😭

• Care
Does anyone know if the class is already full at this point and if subsequent interviews are for the waitlist? According to last year's thread, Dr. Weir had announced that the class was already full by early December 2019 (and interviews held from December onwards were for spots on the waitlist).

II today. Complete end of July. I will be declining! Good luck all!

• Care
withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
accepted today, interviewed last week 12/04!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Sent my primary over a month ago, no secondary.. silent R?
I submitted in mid-July with no responses either since so I emailed the admissions committee last week, and an officer told me that I was missing English coursework. Turns out I had to submit an AP score report since I had AP English credit, but they did not bother sending me an update so I had no idea I had to send the report...

I submitted in mid-July with no responses either since so I emailed the admissions committee last week, and an officer told me that I was missing English coursework. Turns out I had to submit an AP score report since I had AP English credit, but they did not bother sending me an update so I had no idea I had to send the report...
Emailed them as well, my MCAT was not competitive - not a problem, I guess they don't care about the holistic approach.

• Care
accepted today, so grateful for this opportunity! interviewed 12/10. I know there are a few accepted Canadian students on here - pm me if you wanna get a group chat going (if there isn't one already)! also, if there's an accepted students' FB page then I'd love to know/connect with other students.

accepted today, so grateful for this opportunity! interviewed 12/10. I know there are a few accepted Canadian students on here - pm me if you wanna get a group chat going (if there isn't one already)! also, if there's an accepted students' FB page then I'd love to know/connect with other students.
Congrats! Also an accepted Canadian here! If you scroll up, there is a GroupMe page, as well as an FB group called "WCUCOM 2025"!

• Love
Hey gang! Current OMS1 class president here. I'll be setting up some stuff for y'all over the winter break. Till I get them set up, reach out if y'all need anything or have any questions

I've been complete here since August and I have no clue what's going on.

• Care
hi! I have an interview coming up soon. do you mind me asking how yours went? any advice? Anything you werent expecting?

Hey gang! Current OMS1 class president here. I'll be setting up some stuff for y'all over the winter break. Till I get them set up, reach out if y'all need anything or have any questions
What is class like now with COVID for first and second year? Virtual lectures?

What is class like now with COVID for first and second year? Virtual lectures?
we're currently in a hybrid model. we only have one class with live lectures streamed to us (biochem), with the option to sign up and attend in person up to 40 students (due to COVID precautions). the rest are mostly 'asynchronous' lectures where they are recorded and posted for us to watch. most classes have an optional review session once per week as well. the labs have been cut down in time a bit which kinda sucks, but with anatomy at least you can always go in whenever you want.

any more questions feel free to dm

Hey I interviewed a little while ago, does anyone know when the next admissions committee meeting is/ when they're giving out the next batch of decisions?

Hey I interviewed a little while ago, does anyone know when the next admissions committee meeting is/ when they're giving out the next batch of decisions?
their turnaround time was fairly quick - I think you should expect to hear back 1-2 weeks after your interview date

their turnaround time was fairly quick - I think you should expect to hear back 1-2 weeks after your interview date
Okay good to know, thanks! Mine was a little over that, but I didn't know because of the holidays if it would be more like 3-4 weeks

just declined my interview invite even though I withdrew my application weeks ago. Lol hope it goes to one of you.

Received an interview invite today. Anyone care to share their interview experiences at this school? Thanks