2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh cool. Then getting a secondary here is actually a good thing. Good to know!!!

Just looking for opinions - Given the above, how long would you wait from completion post-secondary before inquiring?

Members don't see this ad.

I received a secondary (which I also heard was good news because they screen heavily) and was notified my application was complete on 7/1. No interview invite yet.

Anyone here get a II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just spoke with admissions asking why I haven’t received a secondary, super nice she said they were waiting on my MCAT and I’m under re-review now. She read the notes and it said low science gpa or 2.98 but good mcat 510. FML lol so I guess they do screen

Reactions: 1 user
Just looking for opinions - Given the above, how long would you wait from completion post-secondary before inquiring?
I completed their secondary 4 weeks ago, according to this thread they haven't sent out II yet. I wouldn't send them anything until they start issuing II.

Reactions: 1 users
WCUCOM interviewed all the way up to mid-July for their incoming class of 2024..

isn't that crazy lol

• Wow
Submitted my secondary on 8/23
Received an email: "Your application to WCUCOM is complete and under review. You will be informed if you are selected for an interview." on 8/26
Hoping I get the chance to interview here!

II just now!! Super pumped :) OOS and they asked me to do a virtual interview on 9/9

Reactions: 6 users
I was verified July 12th and didn't receive a secondary until August 31st. I have a 508 MCAT, 3.15 cGPA and 3.05 sGPA

Just spoke with admissions asking why I haven’t received a secondary, super nice she said they were waiting on my MCAT and I’m under re-review now. She read the notes and it said low science gpa or 2.98 but good mcat 510. FML lol so I guess they do screen

Do you have the EMAIL you spoke with her on? I have emailed the school several times and it just keeps being returned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Emailed them today asking if I was going to receive a secondary (I am a low GPA, but reinvented applicant). No reply but 15 minutes later I received the secondary saying that I was competitive and they want more info on me.

Did everyone who submitted a secondary type the response or hand write it and then reupload to computer?

Did everyone who submitted a secondary type the response or hand write it and then reupload to computer?
i typed my response and if you have a mac, you can use the Preview app to sign the document so no need to print!

• Love
i typed my response and if you have a mac, you can use the Preview app to sign the document so no need to print!

My fiancé has an IPAD pro, so I wonder if I could sign it on there. Thank you for the quick response!

How long after emailing your secondary did everyone receive a “received email”?

Emailed them today asking if I was going to receive a secondary (I am a low GPA, but reinvented applicant). No reply but 15 minutes later I received the secondary saying that I was competitive and they want more info on me.

Hey I am in the same position as you, stats if you don’t mind me asking and when were you complete

Just got the “We received your secondary and will be reviewing for completion email”.

What’s everyone’s turn around for interview invite ?

Really hoping for some love here
Damn, I submitted my application in July and still haven't received anything from them...
Apparently they screen heavy before sending a secondary.... I would contact them for an update!

Reactions: 2 users
Damn, I submitted my application in July and still haven't received anything from them...
Seems some people got a secondary after reaching out. I don’t think this school has a high stats cut off. I think it truly is holistic. Contact them!

Just got a secondary from here, yay. Submitted primary yesterday. I have a good feeling about this school

Reactions: 3 users
II on Wednesday but Im turning it down. I hope it goes to an equally deserving person!

Reactions: 4 users
II on Wednesday but Im turning it down. I hope it goes to an equally deserving person!
congrats on the II as well as your acceptance to ARCOM! i recently interviewed w/ them on Tue so hoping for the same good news.

when were you complete at WCU?

I had a 2.9 and still got a secondary I think they don’t have a hard cut off
I have a similar science gpa when we’re you complete? I didn’t get a secondary yet but complete late august

Seems some people got a secondary after reaching out. I don’t think this school has a high stats cut off. I think it truly is holistic. Contact them!
Anyone who has reached out and received a secondary have advice on the wording? "I'm interested and would appreciate the opportunity to complete a secondary application..." ?

Anyone who has reached out and received a secondary have advice on the wording? "I'm interested and would appreciate the opportunity to complete a secondary application..." ?
+1

reached out yesterday got a response today saying I’m in re-review due to low gpa but other aspects look positive. But no secondary yet.

congrats on the II as well as your acceptance to ARCOM! i recently interviewed w/ them on Tue so hoping for the same good news.

when were you complete at WCU?
Thank you. I submitted on 6/25 and didn't hear back until Wednesday

would anyone mind sharing how long after submitting your secondary did you get the II?

I have a similar science gpa when we’re you complete? I didn’t get a secondary yet but complete late august
I was complete late July got my secondary 2 days later had a very strong mcat 517 and a strong personal statement spent some time homeless

Does anyone have any interview tips? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm :eek:

Does anyone have any interview tips? Mine is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm :eek:

From what I gave read, basically just know "Why DO, why WCU, etc." Everyone says the interview is very laid back and conversational. Im sure youll do great!

I reached out to them yesterday, since it was one of only a handful of schools (including MD) that I didn't receive a secondary for. The response I got was them sending what's considered competitive for them and wishing me the best of luck in the future - although it wasn't a clear rejection. I sent them an update letter anyway on stuff I'd done over the summer. Honestly, I wish more schools were like this and more selective in their primaries. I hate doing a bunch of extra writing and paying additional fees for a school that'll probably reject me anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
Be yourself; they've already decided they like you well enough on paper, so let them see your personality.

Also make sure you test the technology beforehand and that where you will be sitting is well lit.

I reached out to them yesterday, since it was one of only a handful of schools (including MD) that I didn't receive a secondary for. The response I got was them sending what's considered competitive for them and wishing me the best of luck in the future - although it wasn't a clear rejection. I sent them an update letter anyway on stuff I'd done over the summer. Honestly, I wish more schools were like this and more selective in their primaries. I hate doing a bunch of extra writing and paying additional fees for a school that'll probably reject me anyway.

Pretty sure someone on last years post said this was a rejection. I’m not sure how true that is, however I emailed them and didn’t receive a reply, but 15 minutes later I received a secondary. I’m sure you’ll get in somewhere else!

Edit: However I did read that some people have been persistent with showing interest and they have extended secondaries.

Should I email the school if I haven't heard back about my interview prospects and I have been complete since 7/31?