2020-2021 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
What’s funny about that?

I thought you're being sarcastic because he received a 2ndary pretty much instantaneously so it doesn't seem like they screen hard as you suggested.

Reactions: 2 users
I asked about when interviews would start going out and this is the reply I got: “Later in August and ongoing until the class of 175 is filled; ours will be conducted by video conferencing.”

Reactions: 4 users
I thought you're being sarcastic because he received a 2ndary pretty much instantaneously so it doesn't seem like they screen hard as you suggested.

Nope, they seriously only send secondaries to those they intend to accept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the phone with them and they do not require Casper. Also, they do screen your primary application prior to sending you secondaries. She mentioned that they want to see at least a 500 and their average for last year was a 505.

Just got off the phone with them and they do not require Casper. Also, they do screen your primary application prior to sending you secondaries. She mentioned that they want to see at least a 500 and their average for last year was a 505.
Appreciate your efforts, now hopefully @NOLADO84 can provide us more information about his secondary statement

Reactions: 1 user
I read this on a previous year’s thread as well.

From what I read it sounds like they heavily screen, and it’s interview invites that go only to people they intend to accept. I read from multiple people that the school told them at interviews that only ~25% off applicants get secondaries and ~90% of interviewees get accepted. “It’s your spot to lose” is something I remember seeing.

I got my secondary back in June, hopefully II’s go out soon. (Didn’t mean for this to rhyme)

Reactions: 1 users
From what I read it sounds like they heavily screen, and it’s interview invites that go only to people they intend to accept. I read from multiple people that the school told them at interviews that only ~25% off applicants get secondaries and ~90% of interviewees get accepted. “It’s your spot to lose” is something I remember seeing.
Ohhh, makes so much more sense from your perspective lol

Interesting. So getting a secondary from them is a very good sign I guess

So has anyone received an II yet?
doesn't seem like it, at least based off this thread. On last year's thread people were receiving IIs as early as July 10th and were interviewing by August 5th....which I think goes to show just how much COVID must be affecting this year's process for them.

Hi! I got verified on July 30th ! Yet, still no sign of a secondary should I lose hope ? Most of my schools other than them, LUCOM and ACOM have sent me secondaries! I do have low stats! Thanks!

What about the CASPER requirement? Are they requiring it this year? Thanks.
I sent them my CASPER just in case, but the admissions didn't mention it in my "incomplete" application they called me about earlier. And I took CASPER after that. So I'm assuming no. If it's the only school you applied to that requires it, then maybe wait; but if not I'd just sent it.

Nolado, in your opinion what kind of stats do you think give a good chance? I have a decent MCAT (508), but am low for GPA (3.35 cGPA + 3.10 SGPA).

Has anyone reached out to inquire as to the status of interview invitations?

Does this school have any virtual info sessions?

If I still haven’t received a secondary at this school, is that a silent R? Verified early June.

If I still haven’t received a secondary at this school, is that a silent R? Verified early June.
I think so. I sent them an email because ^ same.. rejected pre-secondary, possibly for an mcat subsection below 125 (cause that’s kinda what their email implied). Who knows though? They didn’t send me an email saying any of this til I reached out to them (but they responded very quickly, nice of them anyway). Good luck to you and the rest of the applicants!

I think so. I sent them an email because ^ same.. rejected pre-secondary, possibly for an mcat subsection below 125 (cause that’s kinda what their email implied). Who knows though? They didn’t send me an email saying any of this til I reached out to them (but they responded very quickly, nice of them anyway). Good luck to you and the rest of the applicants!
I dont think it was just because of you below 125 subsection. I have one below 125 (CARS) and I got a secondary a day after I submitted my AACOMAS. They said I was tentatively competitive.

Last edited:
I dont think it was just because of you below 125 subsection. I have one below 125 (CARS) and I got a secondary a day after I submitted my AACOMAS. They said I was tentatively deemed competitive.
Tentatively competitive as well, my complete email was 7-29

I dont think it was just because of you below 125 subsection. I have one below 125 (CARS) and I got a secondary a day after I submitted my AACOMAS. They said I was tentatively competitive.
Yea I’m not sure really why it was, just going with that based off the email; either way doesn’t really matter.

Hey! What did you say in your email ? I also have didn’t receive a secondary so kind of want to know what happened ?

Hey! What did you say in your email ? I also have didn’t receive a secondary so kind of want to know what happened ?
Essentially thanks for replying but we won’t be sending you a secondary. Lol.
7D61B82F-B5DA-4250-95C3-DEBE8A08C488.jpeg

Essentially thanks for replying but we won’t be sending you a secondary. Lol. View attachment 315996
Then some more mcat info. I met their stats with total score and GPA but I did have a 123 subsection in Chem (I know, I know, it’s terrible) so I figured that was it. Idk. Maybe it was a lack of research, no idea. Either way, good luck to the rest of you :)

Then some more mcat info. I met their stats with total score and GPA but I did have a 123 subsection in Chem (I know, I know, it’s terrible) so I figured that was it. Idk. Maybe it was a lack of research, no idea. Either way, good luck to the rest of you :)
Ohhh!! I think I might not even email them! You answered my question! I got a 122 in CP in my most recent mcat score although I have gotten 125 before so makes sense! Well that’s one less secondary to write and one less secondary to pay for! Good luck to you! Hope you get other secondaries !

Ohhh!! I think I might not even email them! You answered my question! I got a 122 in CP in my most recent mcat score although I have gotten 125 before so makes sense! Well that’s one less secondary to write and one less secondary to pay for! Good luck to you! Hope you get other secondaries !
This secondary was free I believe!

I have a 124 CARS and 3.2 GPA's and received a secondary hours after I was verified (mid July) no idea how their pre-secondary screening works lol.

I have yet to receive a secondary yet. Should I be worried? I submitted to them on August 1st

I thought they ghosted me so I emailed them to get some kind of closure in the form of a formal rejection but they said they’d send me a secondary in a few days. I applied when mid June

Got a rejection due to very harsh English pre-reqs...they only count Composition or Literature, even though my Mythology class is technically a literature class :/ Haven't had this issue with any other school fortunately

cGPA 3.38, sGPA 3.17, MCAT 513, so I believe they do a holistic screen. Good luck to everyone!

Essentially thanks for replying but we won’t be sending you a secondary. Lol. View attachment 315996

Very "interesting" way of telling you...lol. Considering the details though, how to explain applicants who don't meet other criteria. Perhaps this is a case of true holistic review? I just like the no-fee secondary, but keep wondering about those screening criteria.

to ease some nerves, check out this post i found on last year's thread! :love: