2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My daughter was accepted here - Harrogate and her top choice. She told me it was a great interview experience. She was accepted and notified within 4 days or so. I would contact them if you haven’t heard anything. Hang in there. She was complete end of January. Good luck to all of you.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Application is in re-review. Prayin for an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
WVSOM or LMU? My brother got accepted within the past two weeks to WVSOM and I love the school/area and think it would be better for him. The deposit is within a few weeks so we need to make a decision soon.

• Dislike
WVSOM or LMU? My brother got accepted within the past two weeks to WVSOM and I love the school/area and think it would be better for him. The deposit is within a few weeks so we need to make a decision soon.
Both schools are good, but I've heard better things about WVSOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to see you came around to the dark side after experiencing the dumpster fire that is second year

havent they fired the EPC faculty yet? Or at least demoted them to scrubbing the urinals?

• Haha
Before the interview, are we supposed to know which campus we are interviewing for? Or is that decision made after you get an acceptance

Last edited:
How late are they sending interview invites? How long in advance do they send invites before the dates they offer?

Reactions: 1 user
My friend received a secondary here - should they complete it or is it too late

Glad to see you came around to the dark side after experiencing the dumpster fire that is second year

havent they fired the EPC faculty yet? Or at least demoted them to scrubbing the urinals?
Oh lord imagine how much worse it is with a second campus and Covid 😅😅
And no- in fact rumor has it that someone on faculty got fired for speaking up/correcting instruction during lab.

And no- in fact rumor has it that someone on faculty got fired for speaking up/correcting instruction during lab.

Rock the boat get the moat at DCOM

Didn't one of the deans get fired for letting people protest here too? Sounds like a great place to work much less be a student at lol.

Didn't one of the deans get fired for letting people protest here too? Sounds like a great place to work much less be a student at lol.
Happy to see you back Twisted Tea .... thought you might of been in SDN jail ....

Kinda lost on all of this lol would someone please explain?

Withdrew my interview invitation. Hope it goes to one of you.

Reactions: 4 users

Knox dean got fired.
I think you’re referring to the neuro prof, no one really knows the story behind that. But indeed that is the rumor. Huge loss for the first years.

I have an interview tomorrow and just realized that I am not sure which campus I am interviewing for. For DCOM, do you interview for a specific campus? Or do they decide where to place you if you were to be accepted?

I have an interview tomorrow and just realized that I am not sure which campus I am interviewing for. For DCOM, do you interview for a specific campus? Or do they decide where to place you if you were to be accepted?
They try to fit you in at your preferred campus. You can check what campus you put on your AACOMAS application. :)

Knox dean got fired.
I think you’re referring to the neuro prof, no one really knows the story behind that. But indeed that is the rumor. Huge loss for the first years.
was it something he said or that mustache tho

out on probation baby
I might be joining you in jail ...... I am constantly amazed how the bullying , conniving , name calling etc. etc. Professors continue to force out the ones that are trying to improve DCOM . Difficult to learn when there is no staff ! Ha

Reactions: 2 users
I was at the Harrogate campus on Saturday. It is a very nice campus. Rural though. Everything is in Middlesboro about five miles across the border in Kentucky, which is a decent sized city. Most students live there. Food and shoping there. There’s a subway, IGA (Grocery store) and a gas station across the street from campus. I know there’s a lot of concerns about the school here and I think you should do your research. All of you are good students, have come a long way to get here and I would consider it especially if it’s your only option. I realize I have no right to give you guys advice since I don’t know the details about the “scandals”. But statistically the majority of the students become successful doctors. But some seems to have had terrible experiences as described in the threads here. So the decision needs to be made after careful consideration of your personal circumstances and all of that.
Weigh the loss of a year with everything else.
Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 3 users
I was at the Harrogate campus on Saturday. It is a very nice campus. Rural though. Everything is in Middlesboro about five miles across the border in Kentucky, which is a decent sized city. Most students live there. Food and shoping there. There’s a subway, IGA (Grocery store) and a gas station across the street from campus. I know there’s a lot of concerns about the school here and I think you should do your research. All of you are good students, have come a long way to get here and I would consider it especially if it’s your only option. I realize I have no right to give you guys advice since I don’t know the details about the “scandals”. But statistically the majority of the students become successful doctors. But some seems to have had terrible experiences as described in the threads here. So the decision needs to be made after careful consideration of your personal circumstances and all of that.
Weigh the loss of a year with everything else.
Good luck to all of you!
Yes I agree. I was accepted to this school and a few others and will most likely be attending LMU. I wanted to share that I have talked to a few different DCOM graduates who have nothing but great things to say about LMU. Several other medical students and physicians that I have spoken to have said things like "there will always be students who don't like the school, have bad experiences, or don't like rotation sites that doesn't mean its a terrible school". I know many current physicians that didn't like a few professors at their school (that is common with most schools) but they still became doctors and speak well of their school. There are 3-4 students on this thread that have posted their opinion here and on past years threads- I appreciate their honesty but I wanted to say that the students reading those comments shouldn't let the opinions written on SDN take away from celebrating your medical school acceptance. At first, after reading the comments I felt pretty down but after speaking to several medical students and physicians I feel much better about attending LMU. Being accepted to medical school is a big accomplishment that we should be proud of. Some students may have had bad experiences with certain teachers or don't like the way LMU does certain things but that does not mean that LMU is a terrible school. At least 8 current students and a few alumni have shared their great experiences that they are having/ had at LMU and told me about different rotation sites that they really enjoyed. A few students really loved their first year professors and told me about how they love their second year courses and the fact that there is more clinical application during 2nd year. Getting into medical school (especially one we are excited about like LMU-at least I am) is a big accomplishment that we will always remember and I don't think that a few people's experiences/ negative opinions should away from that moment. I believe that each of us will have/have had different experiences. Sorry this was long lol but I wanted to voice my thoughts about this. Again, thank you to those that have posted their honest comments- but I feel like we understand your point, we see your side of the situation, and some of us would rather see more positives instead of repetitive hateful comments. I believe that attitude, the way we look at things, and the effort you put in is up to the individual no matter where you are. Thank you - (not trying to be mean just explaining my view)

Reactions: 6 users
should I keep my hopes up for an II this late? 3.2/504, OOS

I was waitlisted 3/4 after an interview on 2/19 :( I sent in a letter of intent yesterday and was just wondering how much do they weigh those letters?