2020-2021 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone. I received an email from LMU-DCOM on 12/8/20 saying that I would be considered for a possible interview. 2 months have passed and I still have not heard anything back. My MCAT was 495 and my GPA is a 3.91. Do you think I still have a chance for an interview? Good luck to everyone this cycle!
Hey there! I’m in the same boat. My MCAT is a little higher but my GPA is lower. I would also be interested to hear how this played out for any current students and what the chances of an interview are. Good luck to you as well and just know you’re not alone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! I’m in the same boat. My MCAT is a little higher but my GPA is lower. I would also be interested to hear how this played out for any current students and what the chances of an interview are. Good luck to you as well and just know you’re not alone!
Applied to LMU late (plus every other school) due to MCAT constraints and my stats are mediocre- 499, 2.8s, 3.2c.
10k hours in healthcare and a pretty cool non-traditional story for a 30 year old. Am I hopeless?

I wouldn’t say anything is hopeless. In all honesty however I have higher stats than what you shared, and am the same age, and also have a really unique story with extensive work history that is (hopefully) compelling, and yet I have only had a handful of interviews and WLs. I haven’t heard from LMU just yet and I’ve been complete since late summer/early July. Just trying to keep my hope alive unless a definite “no” appears.

I wouldn’t say anything is hopeless. In all honesty however I have higher stats than what you shared, and am the same age, and also have a really unique story with extensive work history that is (hopefully) compelling, and yet I have only had a handful of interviews and WLs. I haven’t heard from LMU just yet and I’ve been complete since late summer/early July. Just trying to keep my hope alive unless a definite “no” appears.
Thanks for sharing your story. What were your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, it's weird that you haven't gotten an II yet with those stats. What are your E.C.'s like? Do you have D.O. letters? You said you have extensive work history, but is it clinical?

I have extensive leadership roles, nonprofit work, DO and MD letters, work as a scribe and phlebotomist at a hospital, etc. the list goes on.

Not sure what’s holding me back with this program tbh

I have extensive leadership roles, nonprofit work, DO and MD letters, work as a scribe and phlebotomist at a hospital, etc. the list goes on.

Honestly same. I have similar stats as you (your E.C.'s are vastly better though), and haven't heard anything from them either. I know some people that got accepted June of last year so theres that lol. As they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly same. I have similar stats as you (your E.C.'s are vastly better though), and haven't heard anything from them either. I know some people that got accepted June of last year so theres that lol. As they say, it ain't over till the fat lady sings

Agreed! The waiting continues :)

Did you happen to mention an interest in serving rural areas specifically?

Did you happen to mention an interest in serving rural areas specifically?
I don't think that matters too much. My sister has a 498, 3.8 and has literally no work experience (let alone experience in any rural areas). She has about 250 hours volunteering at local hospitals though. She got accepted here (withdrew her acceptance, however).

congrats! do u mind sharing your complete date and stats?
MCAT 507
Gpa 3.66, 3.77s
Clinical 2,500
Non 2,000
Vol around 7 years at a church
some research
An interesting internship
2 phys letters (md/do)
And a partridge in a pear tree

completed 9/21

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MCAT 507
Gpa 3.66, 3.77s
Clinical 2,500
Non 2,000
Vol around 7 years at a church
some research
An interesting internship
2 phys letters (md/do)
And a partridge in a pear tree

completed 9/21
I just want you to know that I think youre a DO applicant legend and every time i see you post i get jealous

Hahaha don’t worry, friend. I’m here to help where I can and give advice as to what I think went right
Have you done any special outreach to schools? Like updates/calling to check on your status/etc? There are some DO schools I think I am a great candidate for, LMU included, but feel that I haven't heard back from so many yet. I think many folks are in this position, but I guess I just am curious if theres any more I can do

Have you done any special outreach to schools? Like updates/calling to check on your status/etc? There are some DO schools I think I am a great candidate for, LMU included, but feel that I haven't heard back from so many yet. I think many folks are in this position, but I guess I just am curious if theres any more I can do
When I was still doing interviews n stuff, I did reach out at some point to give application updates (started a new job, new commendation etc) but right now would be a poor idea if you’ve not yet interviewed or sent a secondary. If you’re waiting on either of those two, a letter of intent is not a great idea.

Received an II today. Dates were 3/5 and 3/12.

Stats: 499, 3.6 cgpa, 3.6 sgpa, oos, nontrad, 1k+ clinical hours, laboratory professional

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone on the post-interview alternate list/waitlist heard back yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just sent an update email to LMU Admissions, increased score to 503 hopefully it makes enough of a difference. Pre-Interview Hold

• Care
Interviewing on Friday. I’ve been reviewing the interview feedback for this school and practicing. Any last minute tips?

Interviewing on Friday. I’ve been reviewing the interview feedback for this school and practicing. Any last minute tips?
i interviewed last friday! the interview itself was a 3 person zoom call (2 interviewers and you), they were soooo nice! i was shocked by how fun and casual the conversation was! just be yourself and have answers for why you want to go into medicine, why DO, and why lmu specifically! best of luck :)

i interviewed last friday! the interview itself was a 3 person zoom call (2 interviewers and you), they were soooo nice! i was shocked by how fun and casual the conversation was! just be yourself and have answers for why you want to go into medicine, why DO, and why lmu specifically! best of luck :)
Did u hear back yet?

Just received an A to Harrogate. Interviewed on 2/12. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I also just got accepted to LMU harrogate today. Primary submitted in July, submitted the secondary in late December, interviewed 2/12
(MCAT: 510, cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.86)
~450 hrs clinic volunteer, ~80 hrs shadowing.

There is an accepted GM right?

Reactions: 5 users
I also just got accepted to LMU harrogate today. Primary submitted in July, submitted the secondary in late December, interviewed 2/12
(MCAT: 510, cGPA 3.9, sGPA 3.86)
~450 hrs clinic volunteer, ~80 hrs shadowing.

There is an accepted GM right?
Wow! Those are amazing stats! You could probably get into any top tier D.O. school, or even a really good M.D. school with those stats. Did you pick LMU because it was close to your home?

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! Those are amazing stats! You could probably get into any top tier D.O. school, or even a really good M.D. school with those stats. Did you pick LMU because it was close to your home.

Thanks! I'm waiting to hear from in-state MD schools but would love to go to LMU. I really like the geography, rural DO philosophy, and local feel. Plus its close to home and my alum cousin speaks highly of DCOM. Only downside is cost. Quillen would probably be first choice bc it ticks the boxes for a lower price.

Is it possible to switch campuses after you have been accepted?

Reactions: 1 user
I also was just accepted at Harrogate after an interview on 2/12! Excited!!!!

Has anyone who interviewed on 2/12 for the Knoxville campus heard back yet?

Is it possible to switch campuses after you have been accepted?
Call admissions and ask. If you haven’t been accepted yet, call now - it is much easier (historically) to switch campuses pre- or post-interview, but a few people have done it post-acceptance. They were stricter with it last year.

does anyone know how late interviews go into the spring?

According to their website: The DCOM interview cycle starts in late August and concludes in April.

Last year interviews were conducted into May due to the pandemic (and, it’s thought, a low number of applicants on the waitlist that they wanted to admit) - they could do that this year, but in previous years they would be pulling exclusively from the waitlist after April.