Army 2019 Army 4-Year HPSP Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was also told I was on the OML. My recruiter said that 30 people were in for the Oct. board for 65 spots. So I guess we'll see how many more people submit before the Dec. board. He said we should know around Dec. 15th if we get a scholarship.

good to know im not the only one getting this information!

Good luck to everyone! we busted our tails to get our applications completed early.... i hope each one of you is ultimately selected because you are the cream of the crop!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oml as well. Looks like it's no reflection on us as we were all put on the list. Guess we're waiting till December.

Just got it! Taken of OML this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
my recruiter got the memo this morning! im off the OML and have been offered the scholarship!! Dec 1st cant come fast enough

GL to the rest of you :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 users
My recruiter has notified me that I am listed as board selected. Still waiting on a confirmation email from the secretary of defense. I'm very excited!

How long were you guys given to accept/decline the offer?

I was awarded the 4 year HPSP last week. My recruiter said although we are awarded now we don't need to accept the HPSP commitment until we take our official oath which I think is after April of our matriculation year.

I was just notified that I was selected pending clearance of a waiver of a few speeding tickets and of course an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from my recruiter saying I was selected!

Selected as well. Congrats to all!

Congratulations to all of you guys!
I'm still finishing up my application and I'm boarding in Dec. Hopefully I have the same luck as all of you!

Got a call that I got accepted, woot!

Congrats to all of you! It is such a great deal. Don't do like I did and think that dental school grades are not important since you already have a job. You never know if you may want to specialize, and those grades will be very important!

Reactions: 2 users
Really wish I would of seen this thread a loooooong time ago. Any idea if historically anyone was able to get a 4 year going on the march board?
I have a 3.65 and 24 DAT so I thought I would be set but got started on this process really late.

Yes. It happens every year. They not only hold a few scholarships for those who apply late, there are always those who change their mind and give up the scholarship and it is given to someone on the OML.

I've finally completed my application! My recruiter told me that it will be submitted for review on the 8th of December and that I should hear back a few weeks after that. Anyone have similar news?

Hi, guys Is it typical for them to offer the scholarships prior to getting accepted to dental school? Does the Navy and Air Force do the same thing?

Army 4 Yrs starting getting handed out in October (when I received mine). If you have any interest of getting accepted you need to get your stuff done asap as its a long process to complete.

Honestly if you want it call a recruiter on Monday. Time is of the essence.
Thanks man. I'll get on it ASAP. Didn't know you can apply prior to receiving your acceptance letter

Just curious but do you have to apply before you matriculated or can you apply during your first year or after dental school? Because I am late on the timing...

You can do it during your first year but obviously they will only pay for the following year (D2 year onwards with a 3 Yr HPSP)

So the you can commission as soon as you have an acceptance to the HPSP and a school?

So the you can commission as soon as you have an acceptance to the HPSP and a school?

I'm pretty sure you have to have a diploma first from your undergrad. I don't know how he got commissioned already. I'm in the same boat you are in.

Doesn't it also take like 2-3 months for your scroll to get approved, which is also required prior to commissioning?

Yes.
@masitcation i dont know what to tell you, i have one semester left and i commissioned (my friend is in the same boat). 2 army recruiters came, the commissioning officer (a family friend who is a retired Lieutenant Colonel) came as well to commission my friend and I. And we signed all of the paperwork.

I commissioned a week and a half ago. I have my diploma though. I got the scholarship back in November.

You don't need your diploma when you commission, I commissioned last February, received my diploma in May. I know many others who did this as well. I believe you just need to be in "good standing".

I just got the call that I was OML... any idea on what the chances are of getting the 4 year at this point?

Just got the call. Got the 4-year!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the scholarship! Great news

Received the 3 year scholarship and just commissioned about 1-2 weeks ago. Couldn't be happier! If anyone has questions I'll try to answer them, but I definitely think my P.S. and LORS played a big part in the selection process.

I was boarded for January (supposed to be December, but my application was pushed back since I didn't have my OFFICIAL DAT scores sheet).
I received a call from my recruiter on Wednesday that I was board selected! I am now awaiting scroll approval from the Senate.
As of now, I assume I'm in...? :oops:

If anyone was curious, my stats are: 3.68 cGPA 3.66 sGPA, 21AA 20Ts 24PAT (no score under 20)
I am also pursuing a dual degree and am multilingual... not sure if that is a factor considered

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyone else has been board selected but is still waiting for a waiver to go through? I was told I was board selected in November, but I'm still waiting on a waiver because of a few traffic tickets I've gotten in my life. My recruiter has told me it is a slow process, but this seems super slow and I'm worried I might not get it after all.

I was wondering the same thing... seems like there's not been much going on with Army applicants compared to those on the Navy thread. I'm still waiting on that scroll approval :(

For those who received a scholarship, what did you write about in your personal statement? I understand that I should include reasons why I want to serve, but what else would be important to highlight about myself?

For those who received a scholarship, what did you write about in your personal statement? I understand that I should include reasons why I want to serve, but what else would be important to highlight about myself?

My recruiter actually gave me several copies of other candidates who received a scholarship to give me an idea. I included reasons I want to serve, but also any sort of leadership experiences I've had and how that will help me in the army.

Unrelated note, I just spoke with my recruiter and it appeared to the people that push the app through that I was on the OML list instead of board selected. So now they will finally be pushing me through and getting the waiver cleared so I can commission. He said my application was in this black hole status and it wasn't until he was inquiring with someone quite a bit higher up that they noticed it. A bit annoying, but quite relieving since I was getting a little worried that it was taking so long.