2019-2020 UT Houston ( McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If y'all are interested in living at the UT housing (which is pretty cheap), the waitlist opened up today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I was curious if any current students wanted to hazard a guess at how likely getting a one bedroom in phase I would be?

Reactions: 1 user
have any OOS people heard anything recently per chance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else hoping for a match here without a prematch?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got the waitlist email.. but i am super confused because i ranked mcgovern number 2 and ranked the school i prematched to as number 1.

i got the waitlist email.. but i am super confused because i ranked mcgovern number 2 and ranked the school i prematched to as number 1.
I swear this happened to my son too 4 years ago when he applied, but nobody believes me :p.
If you are happy with your match, you may reply to WL emails by declining a place on their WL.

Reactions: 1 users
The same thing just happened to me! I just told them to remove me

I swear this happened to my son too 4 years ago when he applied, but nobody believes me :p.
If you are happy with your match, you may reply to WL emails by declining a place on their WL.
This should not be happening right? The system should show prematched school as the only one in the system.

I guess they waitlist everyone they don't match.

Does anyone know how many people are usually accepted off the waitlist?

Just out of curiosity, is everyone in this thread who matched McGovern today pretty set or are you waiting on other places (e.g. Baylor, UTSW, OOS schools)?
Waiting for Baylor. If I don't get accepted there I am still very excited to attend McGovern.

Reactions: 6 users
Got WL yesterday. Totally shocked.
Does anyone know that during match, schools send matches at class size or at a number higher than that. (For ex. Does Mcgovern sends 240 matches or somewhere ~300+ considering movement to Baylor/OOS schools)

Got WL yesterday. Totally shocked.
Does anyone know that during match, schools send matches at class size or at a number higher than that. (For ex. Does Mcgovern sends 240 matches or somewhere ~300+ considering movement to Baylor/OOS schools)

pretty sure all the schools send matches at class size

Reactions: 3 users
Matched here, and super excited about it!

Still waiting on MSTP response. If anyone hears anything about when (assuming they haven’t already) they will release their first wave of MD/PhD admissions, PM me please!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 2 users
Just double checking, McGovern isn’t requiring a deposit at this time? I know some schools require this but I have t heard anything from McGovern. I checked the website and also nothing. Just worried about missing something important.

Just double checking, McGovern isn’t requiring a deposit at this time? I know some schools require this but I have t heard anything from McGovern. I checked the website and also nothing. Just worried about missing something important.
I’m not super sure, but I think there will be a deposit at a later time. Like maybe around May?

Is it worth it to send a LOI? I’m WL but I absolutely would love to go to McGovern. I keep seeing conflicting things so I’m not sure what to do

Is it worth it to send a LOI? I’m WL but I absolutely would love to go to McGovern. I keep seeing conflicting things so I’m not sure what to do

Post Match Day, I don’t think you really have anything to lose by sending in the LOI. If you wanna be 110% sure, you can always contact admissions to see if they are receptive to LOI in the first place.

If you have another admission but you listed UTH as number 1 it might help sending an LOI. Schools always want to be liked more than others. :)

Yea their waitlist email is confusing. No letter of interest accepted but possibly an intent letter?

When will WL movement in UTH is supposed to happen (historically), since spots are opening up from Baylor and other OOS. Not seen any SDNers since a month.

Well I sent them a letter of intent. Hopefully they read it and take it seriously.

Anyone have any idea when scholarship information will be sent out? (I'm an OOS student if that's relevant)