2019-2020 Texas A&M Dental Post-Baccalaureate Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taildawg

Reaction score
This is just a thread for all of us to be informed and stay within the loop! Best of luck to everyone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Best of luck to you! I was at a pre-dental society meeting and the speaker was a current practicing dentist who had done this program. He was mentioning how the interview was to make sure "you're not a robot" and that it was really relaxed and he thought that they kind of already knew who to choose for the program when he was invited for the interview.

Have y'all heard back about an interview yet? Based on previous years, it's about time for interviews to be sent out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t heard anything, but wondered the same thing since this is the about the time interview emails were sent out last year. Feeling pretty anxious currently.

I haven’t heard anything, but wondered the same thing since this is the about the time interview emails were sent out last year. Feeling pretty anxious currently.
When I was stalking some old forums it said that most received interviews on the 23rd of February at the earliest

Reactions: 1 users
If I'm remembering correctly...

In 2015 - Deadline was the 15th and interviews were sent on the 20th.

In 2016 - Deadline was the 12th and interviews were sent on the 20th.

Do y'all mind sharing your stats? Mine are:

2.94 overall GPA
2.76 science GPA
25 AA DAT

If I'm remembering correctly...

In 2015 - Deadline was the 15th and interviews were sent on the 20th.

In 2016 - Deadline was the 12th and interviews were sent on the 20th.

Do y'all mind sharing your stats? Mine are:

2.94 overall GPA
2.76 science GPA
25 AA DAT
Correction:
2015 - Deadline was the 15th and interviews were sent on the 20th.

2016 - Deadline was the 14th and interviews were sent on the 23rd.

2018 - Deadline was the 12th and interviews were sent on the 21st.

I emailed Ms. Sneed asking when interviews will be and she replied to me 7.4 seconds ago and said "that will be between today and tomorrow." This is killing me.

So you think they will be sending out emails later on today or do you think they’ve already sent out emails today .... and that tomorrow is just the last round of emails?

3.33 overall
3.12 science
19 AA

Ughhhh so nervous! I hope we all get good news soon.

So you think they will be sending out emails later on today or do you think they’ve already sent out emails today .... and that tomorrow is just the last round of emails?

3.33 overall
3.12 science
19 AA

I'm hoping it's later today but I feel like it's most likely done for today... I hope everyone in this thread gets in!

3.33 overall
3.12 science
19 AA

I'm wondering the same thing if they already sent out interviews or they're sending them soon?

I'm wondering the same thing if they already sent out interviews or they're sending them soon?
I know.... I literally spent most of last night trying to understand what she emailed “that will be between today and tomorrow”. Like what does that mean?! Were they deciding between “today” aka yesterday and “tomorrow” aka today to send them out....or are they sending them both “today” and “tomorrow”. Lol I need to just stop and chill...
Hope we hear something today though! Going to be refreshing my email and this page all day until then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok I thought I was the only one for a minute lol

Actually who am I kidding I'm not sure about anything in life. Maybe she meant it would be either yesterday or today when they finalize who would be invited.

I keep checking my email, but from previous threads it looks like emails go out around 3p.

Been keeping an eye out on my email checking every hour then I get all disappointed when I figure out it's not. Hopefully, we hear back today, these nerves are killing me.

Yesterday I received an email from Ms. Sneed at 5:13 PM asking for me to contact her between 9-4 today or tomorrow, but I was recently accepted to SA so I've withdrawn my application. Just thought I would share. I sincerely wish the best of luck to you all :)

Yesterday I received an email from Ms. Sneed at 5:13 PM asking for me to contact her between 9-4 today or tomorrow, but I was recently accepted to SA so I've withdrawn my application. Just thought I would share. I sincerely wish the best of luck to you all :)
Thanks so much for clearing up our confusion! Congrats on the acceptance to SA!

Thank you so much for clearing that up! Congrats on your acceptance to SA!!! Also do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you so much for clearing that up! Congrats on your acceptance to SA!!! Also do you mind sharing your stats?
No problem, and thank you!!

GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.57 and 3.65 undergrad, 4.0 grad
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/20/21/15 QR

Congratulations!!

Hey y'all I emailed Ms. Sneed about interview emails and if they have all been sent out......She replied "Files are still under review, however, some interview invites have been extended."
So crossing my fingers we all get emails soon! Trying to stay positive :)

I emailed her as well asking about the interviews and if any more interviews will be sent out and this is her reply "Yes, some interviews have been extended and files are still under review by the committee. At this point, we don't know if more interviews will be extended until the committee has completed the process. I hope this helps."

I emailed her as well asking about the interviews and if any more interviews will be sent out and this is her reply "Yes, some interviews have been extended and files are still under review by the committee. At this point, we don't know if more interviews will be extended until the committee has completed the process. I hope this helps."
Well that seems a bit disheartening honestly. :/

I know, I was really disappointed. I don't know if they're sending out any more interviews? I guess it just depends on if the applicants that got interviews get accepted somewhere else? No clue. But hopefully, we hear back with some good news soon? Anyone apply to any other post bac/ masters programs?

Anyone heard anything?
I haven’t heard anything yet. I asked ms. Sneed whether the interviews are on a rolling basis and she said “The majority is at the same time. The status notification date for all applicants is March 26.” Lol it’s not helpful at all.

Stalking some old posts I read somewhere that they interview only around 30. When I asked her over the phone she said over 100 applicants had completed their application. I just wanna know if they're gonna send more interviews or if they aren't.
I would hope they interview more than 30. She also said that they would pick the 30 all at the same time and 16 out of the 30 would get the spot. And if the 30 invites were sent the same time (which was Wednesday and Friday) then does that mean the rest of us didn’t make it? Why don’t they just send emails right away.

Has anyone heard anything?? Or asked if any more interviews are going to be extended? I'm too nervous to email her again.

Has anyone heard anything?? Or asked if any more interviews are going to be extended? I'm too nervous to email her again.
I haven't heard anything yet. Im gonna email her in a little. lol no shame at this moment.

She hasn’t replied awks. She’s probably tired of me. I’ll post it here if she replies

Okay so she got back with me. "Files are still under review as of today. We don't know if more interviews will be extended." What does that even mean lol? There's no point of reaching out to her anymore she will give out this type of reply from now on. I am assuming that the people they give out primary interviews are the ones that have good stats and generally those people will most likely to be accepted to the dental schools so they might drop the application.

Lol same response I got. I guess so maybe its a waiting process but why not interview others as well? Have us on a waiting list??
Right? But i think they only interview around 30 and accept 16. Anyone that didnt get accepted but interviewed will be on the waitlist. I just dont like the waiting game lol.

Right? But i think they only interview around 30 and accept 16. Anyone that didnt get accepted but interviewed will be on the waitlist. I just dont like the waiting game lol.
I’m just wondering if they really are done sending out interview invites or they really are still reviewing?

I’m just wondering if they really are done sending out interview invites or they really are still reviewing?
Exactly! If they’re done then they should just inform the people they didn’t get an interview right away. Wth is ‘we don’t known anymore interviews will be extended’ ain’t no body got time for that.

Hey guys, I understand your frustrations. You're not getting the answers you desire and this decision affects your futures. Please understand that Ms. Sneed is not in charge of the PBP program, nor does she conduct interviews. Postbacc is a wonderful opportunity and unfortunately, it cant be extended to everyone. Yes, interview invites have been sent out and I understand that not getting one leaves you in a precarious position. Is there a chance that anyone here will be offered an interview in the coming days/weeks, yes. But I cant tell you how likely or unlikely that will be. What I can say is, in victory and defeat, grace is needed. So be graceful and continue to be faithfully diligent in all that you do, and your time will come. It may not be today or even with this years postbacc, but it will come. May the Lord be with you.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys, I understand your frustrations. You're not getting the answers you desire and this decision affects your futures. Please understand that Ms. Sneed is not in charge of the PBP program, nor does she conduct interviews. Postbacc is a wonderful opportunity and unfortunately, it cant be extended to everyone. Yes, interview invites have been sent out and I understand that not getting one leaves you in a precarious position. Is there a chance that anyone here will be offered an interview in the coming days/weeks, yes. But I cant tell you how likely or unlikely that will be. What I can say is, in victory and defeat, grace is needed. So be graceful and continue to be faithfully diligent in all that you do, and your time will come. It may not be today or even with this years postbacc, but it will come. May the Lord be with you.
Thank you! I appreciate you positivity. Do you think people still get invited this late?

Thank you! I appreciate you positivity. Do you think people still get invited this late?
anytime. Interviews are towards the end of March, so yes. Interview can still be invited, especially if people pass up their interview like ShinyTeethNME did. Chances will be slim, don't get me wrong. I suggest having backup plans. I'm assuming you live in Texas. Some plans include, UTD postbacc program (the TAMU postbacc is run through UTD, so you can take the classes they A&M postbacc students will normally take). UNT has a 1yr MS program. Taking more upper level courses at your current university, working, community service or a combination of any and all of these things.
Postbacc requires a DAT retake if any score falls below a certain number; i think 19AA, 18TS, 18bio, 18chem, 18ochem, 17pat, 19reading and 18 math. Retaking your DAT now, means you wont have to suffer through it during postbacc. However based on recent trends (last two classes of postbacc), a majority of the students had not met the requirements before the start of pbp. this year 3/17 met it, and the last group, 1/16 met it.

anytime. Interviews are towards the end of March, so yes. Interview can still be invited, especially if people pass up their interview like ShinyTeethNME did. Chances will be slim, don't get me wrong. I suggest having backup plans. I'm assuming you live in Texas. Some plans include, UTD postbacc program (the TAMU postbacc is run through UTD, so you can take the classes they A&M postbacc students will normally take). UNT has a 1yr MS program. Taking more upper level courses at your current university, working, community service or a combination of any and all of these things.
Postbacc requires a DAT retake if any score falls below a certain number; i think 19AA, 18TS, 18bio, 18chem, 18ochem, 17pat, 19reading and 18 math. Retaking your DAT now, means you wont have to suffer through it during postbacc. However based on recent trends (last two classes of postbacc), a majority of the students had not met the requirements before the start of pbp. this year 3/17 met it, and the last group, 1/16 met it.

Do you mind telling us what your stats were?

I didnt apply to postbacc this time around; I'm in the current postbacc class. I'm one of the three that didnt need to take the DAT, the second person is sitting next to me. We both had around a 3.2 overall gpa and around a 3.0 science. DAT was 21/19 respectively.

I didnt apply to postbacc this time around; I'm in the current postbacc class. I'm one of the three that didnt need to take the DAT, the second person is sitting next to me. We both had around a 3.2 overall gpa and around a 3.0 science. DAT was 21/19 respectively.

what did you do during the DAT workshops if you did not have to take the DAT again? and do you mind sharing your expierences and struggles in the program?

Thanks around the same gpa of what i have. Guess not disadvantaged enough. But thanks for your words and positivities! Hope you’ll do well in the program!

what did you do during the DAT workshops if you did not have to take the DAT again? and do you mind sharing your expierences and struggles in the program?

TAMU has a lot of summer programs going on during that time. One of them is called SPEP (dont know what is stands for). There are different levels of SPEP but its pretty much an enrichment course. There is collegiate SPEP and SPEP for highschoolers. The three of us that didnt have to study for the DAT were teachers of SAT math and english/reading sections for the rising 12th graders. we had lectures and assigned hw's quizzes etc. We also had office hours to grade papers and watch a WC game or two.

I didn't apply for the PBP but I did apply for SPEP II. I had an interview on the 26th and haven't heard anything from them since then. The 8th is the day we should know our status. Typically they send out the acceptances before the deadline date, right?

I didn't apply for the PBP but I did apply for SPEP II. I had an interview on the 26th and haven't heard anything from them since then. The 8th is the day we should know our status. Typically they send out the acceptances before the deadline date, right?

You'll find out tomorrow one way or another =)

So any news on PBP are they still picking people to interview? Basically do we still have a chance at this point to be notified for an interview?