2019-2020 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Fixed that ;)
Right there with ya buddy
Yes I got it at about 11 am when I was at lunch. I honestly almost didn't open it because they have sent me like 5 emails since I was complet telling me to submit my application (haha). AND the subject line is so long "Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM) Interview Invite" i didn't even see the interview part on my phone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone in this thread is so lucky to be getting interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone receive two emails from NOVA stating "AACOMAS application service receipt"?
I received a phone call from NOVA stating that my application has been moved to review since 06/20/19....still nothing in my email today.
Do they let you know if they would place you on hold for an interview or things like that?
Thanks!

Btw, if anyone is wondering about the fee waiver for this school.. I emailed them and they said the waiver doesn't apply until after your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Verified the second week of June and no secondary.... uh?

If you've met their minimum requirements, make an account here and send them an secondary application.

I was verified in June and didn't receive a secondary. I sent them my secondary yesterday and received a call that my file was complete this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the complete call today. They said expect to hear back in 4-8 weeks about an interview.

Does anyone have the word/character count for the secondary essays? I've heard you can see them on chrome, but I only have Safari.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have the word/character count for the secondary essays? I've heard you can see them on chrome, but I only have Safari.

Thanks in advance!
They have 2,000 character limits, I believe. :)

Also, crazy that people have been getting interview invites already! I submit around June 24th and haven't heard from them yet. :')

Any more interviews gone out, I feel like they just stopped.

Does anyone know how many people they accept of the people they interview? Like 50%, 25%, etc?

I'm interviewing on Aug 22, I was wondering if anyone can help me out in terms of how to prepare for it and what to expect in general? Thanks!

II received this morning! I never received a "complete" call after submitting my secondary, so if you didn't receive it, but got the email, DON'T FRET! I submitted my secondary June 25th, so it took about a month before I received an interview. My stats: non-trad, MCAT: 503, cGPA: 3.92, sGPA: 3.8

Reactions: 4 users
II For August 22
Lizzy M: 67
Completed 7/2

Glad I'm interviewing in the early batch :)

Reactions: 3 users
I just got an interview this morning! Interview date August 20th.
I'm a first-time applicant who has zero experience with med school interviews so any advice is welcome!!!

Last edited:
I just got an interview this morning! Interview date August 20th.
Stats: Cumulative GPA of 3.71 Science GPA 3.75 MCAT 504 (only took once)
Volunteering: Mostly overseas missions work in Albania (1000+ hours non-medically related)
Clinical/Research: Full-time research professional at Stanford University work in clinical and lab setting
I'm a first-time applicant who has zero experience with med school interviews so any advice is welcome!!!
When were you complete?

8 days ago?
I assume you're asking about when my secondary was complete right? It was just over a week ago, but I submitted it about two weeks ago. I just didn't get all of my LORs in until last week. I hope that answers your question? I may have misread it.

I assume you're asking about when my secondary was complete right? It was just over a week ago, but I submitted it about two weeks ago. I just didn't get all of my LORs in until last week. I hope that answers your question? I may have misread it.

Oh. Awesome! That was quick :)

Anyone with an II get a complete call/email on or after 7/10? Just curious.

Question: when you got your invitation email did it say "2019 Entering Class"
" I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview as a candidate for the 2020 Entering Class "

" I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to interview as a candidate for the 2020 Entering Class "
Weird mine said 2019 it had a typo in it but I just followed up and they said I'm still in the system so that's good but it gave me a heart attack. That would be one rough accidental email to receive. So heads up to anyone else who may have or might get a "2019" invite in the future. You're actually still invited they just made a typo.

Weird mine said 2019 it had a typo in it but I just followed up and they said I'm still in the system so that's good but it gave me a heart attack. That would be one rough accidental email to receive. So heads up to anyone else who may have or might get a "2019" invite in the future. You're actually still invited they just made a typo.

Yea they said 2019 for me as well.

So just to be sure, you got a complete email/call on 7/17 and an II on the 24th? I was complete on the 10th with similar stats and haven't gotten an II :/
I havent gotten anything either and I was complete back in later June so I probably got rejected since everyone else is getting interviews after me.

I havent gotten anything either and I was complete back in later June so I probably got rejected since everyone else is getting interviews after me.
I was complete in June too and haven't heard anything either..... try to stay positive!

So just to be sure, you got a complete email/call on 7/17 and an II on the 24th? I was complete on the 10th with similar stats and haven't gotten an II :/
Yes but remember that it can be random order when they assign them to be read so they might not have gotten to yours yet. I don't think they really fully read them yet when they say it's verified. Stay positive I'm sure they're still handing out plenty more interviews! You've got this.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes but remember that it can be random order when they assign them to be read so they might not have gotten to yours yet. I don't think they really fully read them yet when they say it's verified. Stay positive I'm sure they're still handing out plenty more interviews! You've got this.

Got it, just wanted to make sure I understood. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

I was complete in June too and haven't heard anything either..... try to stay positive!
It's hard to when everyone else in the world has gotten interviews from NOVA, but thank you!

It's hard to when everyone else in the world has gotten interviews from NOVA, but thank you!
You need to keep telling yourself everyday that you will end up exactly where you are supposed to be. This is a really long cycle and if you can't stay positive at the beginning of the cycle, it is going to be a long miserable time! It's hard, I know. You just poured out everything about yourself on an application and not hearing anything back can be hard, but think of it this way..... you haven't received a rejection! The possibility of you getting an II from NSU is not over until they send you a rejection! So just relax, take a deep breath, and let things happen.
I fully believe what was said previously is correct "Yes but remember that it can be random order when they assign them to be read so they might not have gotten to yours yet. I don't think they really fully read them yet when they say it's verified. Stay positive I'm sure they're still handing out plenty more interviews!" Only 8 people on SDN have reported getting IIs! I've definitely seen threads that have offered far more IIs at this point in time. There is still A LOT of time left in the cycle!

Reactions: 8 users