2019-2020 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Secondary Prompt:

How did you learn about osteopathic medicine?

If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in a primary to this school! Hopefully will get a secondary via email!

Primary submitted and verified. I'm hoping to get a secondary soon :D Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
secondary received! same as last year's

If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week.

List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school.

@PapaGuava
When were you verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone submit a primary and not receive a secondary yet? Trying to see if they screen or send it out to all applicants.

secondary received! same as last year's

@PapaGuava

+1

Anyone get a portal invite? Did not get a username/password, which I found odd.

Anyone get a portal invite? Did not get a username/password, which I found odd.
I set up a new account on their portal, and then selected the DO program to apply. From there, I entered in my information, including address, social security and whatnot, and it included access to their secondary application. Not sure if that's what you're supposed to do (so please correct me if I'm wrong).

Secondary as well! YAY!
Verified around June 10th and will send in the secondary by the end of the week. I'm still waiting for one of my letters so hopefully that will come in soon. Am I correct that they won't look at my application until they've received all of the letters?

Any idea on length you guys will be going for? Didn't see a limit.

Any idea on length you guys will be going for? Didn't see a limit.
Mine are ranging between 2000 characters and 3000 characters. Not sure if that's too long, but a couple other secondaries I've written have limits around there.

Mine are ranging between 2000 characters and 3000 characters. Not sure if that's too long, but a couple other secondaries I've written have limits around there.
It doesn’t allow you to add more than 2000 characters. So 2000 character max

Reactions: 2 users
still no secondary for me
When were you verified? I think everyone receives a secondary. There's actually a link you can go to and fill it out yourself even without the email. I was apprehensive about doing that but it's the same link that I got in the email.

When were you verified? I think everyone receives a secondary. There's actually a link you can go to and fill it out yourself even without the email. I was apprehensive about doing that but it's the same link that I got in the email.

I was verified 3 weeks ago.. But I have been having the same issue with delayed secondary invite for other schools as well.
Would it be okay to go ahead and start the application without the email?

I've read that people have done that in the past. It's still really early though in the cycle so I don't think it would hurt to wait another week if you're not too sure about it! I don't have all my letters in and I don't think they review your completed app until they have them all, but it's so early I'm not worried.

Reactions: 1 users
I didn't receive a secondary either. I submitted on 06/10 and was verified on 06/12. :(

I didn't receive a secondary either. I submitted on 06/10 and was verified on 06/12. :(
I have a feeling that those who were verified early have not received secondaries yet. I was verified by this school May 16th and have not heard back yet.

I have a feeling that those who were verified early have not received secondaries yet. I was verified by this school May 16th and have not heard back yet.
+1. I was verified June 6 and haven't received a secondary either!

+1. I was verified June 6 and haven't received a secondary either!
I was verified on 6/3/19, and received my secondary 2 days ago, which is very strange. Perhaps they're going out of order?

I was verified 5/23, and haven't received an email yet so I'm thinking along these lines as well - so weird that they would go out of order?

Reactions: 2 users
Do they screen for secondaries?

Is it worth applying here without a LOR from a physician?

Is it worth applying here without a LOR from a physician?
They also called me and said that they can't proceed reviewing my app until they get the letter from a physician, so I'm not too sure!

Secondary received! I was verified June 6, received a secondary June 25, and submitted my secondary June 25. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Secondary Recieved! But no login information is provided? Am I supposed to make a new account?

For the question, "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school." Are you all writing a legit list with descriptions or an essay incorporating them all?

For the question, "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school." Are you all writing a legit list with descriptions or an essay incorporating them all?
I just listed that I volunteered doing X from Y to Z. I didn't go into any detail. I figured that's what my primary application is for!

Reactions: 3 users
Got a call today saying that they’ve received all the necessary documents and supplemental material, and my application has been sent to the admissions committee for review!

Got a call today saying that they’ve received all the necessary documents and supplemental material, and my application has been sent to the admissions committee for review!
+1