2019-2020 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been "Under Review" since September 26th... so I guess Loma Linda isn't happening for me :(

They only recently started to send interviews in October, Loma Linda is notorious for being late to the game, don’t give up faith yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any non-SDA Christians still hopeful for an interview? And when did you receive your "Application in Review" email?

Any non-SDA Christians still hopeful for an interview? And when did you receive your "Application in Review" email?
I'm non-religious. still waiting. received my application in review email 8/20

Members don't see this ad :)

Same, Christian non SDA still waiting for an II. I submitted my secondary in early August and I think I got my complete email a week or two after

Me! My app was complete 8/19 but submitted mid July, was waiting for an LOR to be submitted.
I've been Christian for a bulk of my life, went to church when I was younger and was very devout for some time too. But I am less devout now (don't go to Church, but still pray, read devotions occasionally, etc.). I left the question about the church reference in the secondary blank, and I wonder if that'll hurt my chances...

Me! I was complete in mid september and received the email about 2 weeks after... so a little bit on the late side

When you log in to your LLU applicant portal, should the status say "submitted" or "in review"? I have been submitted since August and wonder if there is a hold up on my part or administrative problem keeping me from being in active review.

When you log in to your LLU applicant portal, should the status say "submitted" or "in review"? I have been submitted since August and wonder if there is a hold up on my part or administrative problem keeping me from being in active review.
I just noticed this as well. Mine says also says submitted.

I just noticed this as well. Mine says also says submitted.

Mine also says submitted and once you go to the next screen it has the message about the “understanding the review process”. I emailed the admissions office a while back because it showed I had pending items even though I believed I submitted everything and they assured me that my application was complete and my file was being reviewed, I believe they said that this system is new and it has some kinks. Did you by any chance get a “Application in review email”? I got one about a month after submitting my secondary, if not you can always email or call their office, they’re incredibly helpful and beyond nice.

Mine also says submitted and once you go to the next screen it has the message about the “understanding the review process”. I emailed the admissions office a while back because it showed I had pending items even though I believed I submitted everything and they assured me that my application was complete and my file was being reviewed, I believe they said that this system is new and it has some kinks. Did you by any chance get a “Application in review email”? I got one about a month after submitting my secondary, if not you can always email or call their office, they’re incredibly helpful and beyond nice.

yea, I did get that email, however I requested they hold my app for new mcat scores. I also had an issue where I was marked as an international student (when not), and I had to email them about sorting my payment through. I emailed them about a month ago to confirm receipt of the new scores, and they mentioned my app will now be reviewed. I feel bad questioning this, but it’s hard to tell via the portal if it’s in review or just submitted.

does anyone have the phrase “once we receive payment we will consider your app in active review”? That makes me think there is an administrative error with my payment.

yea, I did get that email, however I requested they hold my app for new mcat scores. I also had an issue where I was marked as an international student (when not), and I had to email them about sorting my payment through. I emailed them about a month ago to confirm receipt of the new scores, and they mentioned my app will now be reviewed. I feel bad questioning this, but it’s hard to tell via the portal if it’s in review or just submitted.

does anyone have the phrase “once we receive payment we will consider your app in active review”? That makes me think there is an administrative error with my payment.
Ahh totally got you now. Yeah your situation is definitely unique, maybe it would be worth a call to clear up any misconceptions, again, they're incredibly friendly, and this is what they do, so don't feel bad for questioning the status of your app, you want to make sure everything is as it should be.

If it helps, I still have the phrase "Thank you for submitting the secondary application to Loma Linda University School of Medicine. Once payment is received, your application will be considered active in our system. If you have been granted a fee waiver, no further action is needed." on my portal as well. I think it's just a generic message for all, but just for peace of mind, I think there's no harm in reaching out to admissions.

Best of luck to you and all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh totally got you now. Yeah your situation is definitely unique, maybe it would be worth a call to clear up any misconceptions, again, they're incredibly friendly, and this is what they do, so don't feel bad for questioning the status of your app, you want to make sure everything is as it should be.

If it helps, I still have the phrase "Thank you for submitting the secondary application to Loma Linda University School of Medicine. Once payment is received, your application will be considered active in our system. If you have been granted a fee waiver, no further action is needed." on my portal as well. I think it's just a generic message for all, but just for peace of mind, I think there's no harm in reaching out to admissions.

Best of luck to you and all of us!
Thank you! Good luck to you too

Got hit with the R just now. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Sad
For those who got an R, do you mind sharing when you received your “Application in Review” email?

This is my first cycle. Is it a good sign to not have received an R yet or just means they haven't gotten around to culling me? :confused:

For those who have upcoming interviews, have you been able to successfully get student-hosted housing? My interview is in less than 2 weeks, but the student coordinator who initially replied to me hasn't said anything since (this was a couple weeks ago).

Interviewed in October, haven't heard anything back yet besides the email of my application being under review. How are people getting R's already? I thought the first A's/R's started in December??

Excited to interview in less than two weeks! Anyone willing to share on what to expect??!

Excited to interview in less than two weeks! Anyone willing to share on what to expect??!
Sure. I got there and checked in at the admission office. They gave me a packet of information and then the front desk lady was nice enough to walk me to the first interview. First interview lasted around 45 minutes and was very low stress and relaxed. I had like 45 minutes til the next interview so I kinda just walked around the campus. Second interview lasted 45 minutes as well and was also low stress. Positive experience over all for me I’d say

Anyone get a pre-II R but still get the FAFSA email?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad
Application in review 8/30
Christian, non-SDA
Family connections to the school
3.6/509
Do I have a shot? :nailbiting: (I know my GPA is low for the average)

Accepted today. Complete early september, interviewed late november. yeeeee

Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, is the normal turnaround for acceptances generally the month after you interview? (eg. interview in Nov. gets the call for acceptances the second week of Dec., I in Jan gets A 2nd week of Feb, etc)

Accepted last night. SDA.
3.9/511

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
people with low stats seem to get in later, esp. if being considered for biomed. I'm curious, did anyone with low or low-ish stats get in already? It also probably depends on whether the applicant is SDA or not for getting in earlier
Also, i think the 2nd thursday of each month is pretty spot on for getting calls. ED got called 2nd thursday of Sep., and the next batch got called 2nd thu. of Dec. it looks like

I apologize if this is a stupid question but does everyone get considered for the biomed program?

Fat R from loma linda earlier. Complete mid august

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. Didn't expect R from here.