2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck this cycle, everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school interview an MCAT of 493? I know their average is a 501.

They do say give 3 weeks after your secondary is submitted for you application to be reviewed for completion
Today would be 3 weeks from submission. I'm not overly worried about it, I was just giving my timeline for someone who was asking about completion.

For the secondary essay question, there's no word limit, right? how long was everyone's essay, I have a feeling mine is a bit long but not sure if that will be a bad thing

For the secondary essay question, there's no word limit, right? how long was everyone's essay, I have a feeling mine is a bit long but not sure if that will be a bad thing
Mine was only 222 words and I got an interview. I think it is just what you decide is a short essay.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else interviewing at Knoxville campus?

For everyone that has already interviewed - what were the interviews like? Were they the traditional 2-person interviews? Blind or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you interviewing at both? Why are they having you drive to both campuses
I honestly don't know. I put on my application I would prefer the Knoxville campus. I think they are giving the big "look at how awesome our school is" presentation at Harrogate. After that I leave and interview at the Knoxville campus.

For everyone that has already interviewed - what were the interviews like? Were they the traditional 2-person interviews? Blind or not?
Traditional 2 on 1. They were blind.

I honestly don't know. I put on my application I would prefer the Knoxville campus. I think they are giving the big "look at how awesome our school is" presentation at Harrogate. After that I leave and interview at the Knoxville campus.

Both campuses are beautiful, in my opinion. But Knoxville has more to offer, for sure! They did a great job getting it ready.

Traditional 2 on 1. They were blind.

Both campuses are beautiful, in my opinion. But Knoxville has more to offer, for sure! They did a great job getting it ready.
Are you a first year at one of the campuses? I am sorry if you have already answered that.

II just now! Scheduled for August 30th! Anyone else? So excited.

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone who got II's today, when were you complete and what do your stats look like? Starting to get scared!

Everyone who got II's today, when were you complete and what do your stats look like? Starting to get scared!
I was complete on July 25th and 503 MCAT (new score comes out tomorrow) and 3.92 cumulative, 3.97 science

I was complete on 7/12...should I be worried I haven't heard anything back yet? I know it's still early in the cycle and neurotic of me to be concerned but I certainly can't help it!

I was complete on 7/12...should I be worried I haven't heard anything back yet? I know it's still early in the cycle and neurotic of me to be concerned but I certainly can't help it!
Noo hang in there, it’s still early :)

How is it? I'm from the Nashville area and this is my number one choice. How big is the class size?
I love it! Knoxville is wonderful and I like that our class is smaller than Harrogate (125). Plus this year we’re the only students which makes it easier all around. All the teachers really care about our success and are super helpful. I really like it!

I love it! Knoxville is wonderful and I like that our class is smaller than Harrogate (125). Plus this year we’re the only students which makes it easier all around. All the teachers really care about our success and are super helpful. I really like it!
That's awesome. I am so excited about my interview. I'm glad the class size is smaller. I really appreciate you answering my question.

That's awesome. I am so excited about my interview. I'm glad the class size is smaller. I really appreciate you answering my question.
Of course! Let me know if you need anything else! And good luck! it was my most laid back interview, they were really welcoming and helped put everyone at ease.

That's weird. I read online that everyone has to interview at the Harrogate campus. I put Knoxville as my number one choice too but I'm interviewing at the Harrogate campus on August 23rd. Also the campuses are almost 2 hours from each other so that takes up a good bit of your day. Wonder why they did that...

That's weird. I read online that everyone has to interview at the Harrogate campus. I put Knoxville as my number one choice too but I'm interviewing at the Harrogate campus on August 23rd. Also the campuses are almost 2 hours from each other so that takes up a good bit of your day. Wonder why they did that...
They told us they’re interviewing in Knoxville starting Friday. So I don’t think that’s right- unless what dad1719 said is correct and everyone does both

Hi all. I've been hanging out in Harrogate for awhile and I interact pretty closely with the first and second year students. This is Knoxville's first year, and the campus wasn't functional until this summer, which is why the interview process is changing. The LMU website is also not particularly up to date, and everyone's remembered experiences are a little different, so just keep up on communications from admissions and go into it with an open mind. Let me know if I can try to answer any questions.

They told us they’re interviewing in Knoxville starting Friday. So I don’t think that’s right- unless what dad1719 said is correct and everyone does both
The email that I got from the school has me going to both campuses. Starting in Harrogate and ending in Knoxville. It is weird but that's what I'm gonna do. There is a meet and greet at a Mexican restaurant in a town near Harrogate tomorrow evening.

Anyone wanna share how the Thursday/Friday meet and greet/interviews were? :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone wanna share how the Thursday/Friday meet and greet/interviews were? :)
Everyone was very nice and the interview was low stress. I ended my interviews at the new Knoxville branch and started off in the morning at Harrogate campus. It was the first time they had interviews in Knoxville.

Reactions: 4 users
Everyone was very nice and the interview was low stress. I ended my interviews at the new Knoxville branch and started off in the morning at Harrogate campus. It was the first time they had interviews in Knoxville.
Awesome! Approximately how long did your interview last? Good luck to you! :xf:

Lol just got an email saying there was a delay in the committee meeting and they won’t be meeting until next Wednesday. Yikes.