2019-2020 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II for the Knoxville campus just now!

For future reference, do you select which campus you applying for separately? Or is it one application and you’re considered for both? Last year they didn’t have Knoxville, so I want to make sure the threads are appropriate for next cycle haha.

- Also, congrats!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For further reference, do you select which campus you applying for separately? Or is it one application and you’re considered for both? Last year they didn’t have Knoxville, so I want to make sure the threads are appropriate for next cycle haha.

- Also, congrats!!
If I remember correctly, you have a choice of giving them a preference in the secondary, or you can say no preference. Similar to RVUCOM

Reactions: 1 users
This is correct :)
Oops. I was confused. @PapaGuava, you choose your campus in the "program materials" section of AACOMAS. There is also a no preference option. Just went back and checked to make sure. Still one application but the choice is in the primary. Idk if that info is any more useful but wanted to post just in case!

Called admissions today b/c I was worried I hadn't heard anything from them since submitting secondary a couple weeks ago. They were very nice they said that they have my application, its just basically in the queue and they haven't gotten to it yet, but would email soon if there was anything they needed. Probs just need to breathe :cool:
This makes me feel better! Are you IS or OOS?

For future reference, do you select which campus you applying for separately? Or is it one application and you’re considered for both? Last year they didn’t have Knoxville, so I want to make sure the threads are appropriate for next cycle haha.

- Also, congrats!!
You select which campus you prefer on the primary application! Thank you :)

Just got an email saying they received my secondary. Submitted 7/25

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure.
cGPA: 3.71
MCAT: 502

How about you?
Tried to start a convo with you but looks like your privacy settings won’t allow it. If you’ll send me a message I’d be happy to!

Got an email today from them saying they received my secondary, submitted 7/19.

They did start following me on IG so that's gotta mean something right :eyebrow:
+1
except I didn't get followed on IG haha

Hahaha they followed me on IG about a year ago but still no email concerning my secondary :bang::smack: so nervous
Odds are your stats are probably better than mine so I would just hang in there.

WVSOM Student Gov followed me on IG a few weeks back... I wish this actually meant something... Could you imagine :rofl:

• Haha
Odds are your stats are probably better than mine so I would just hang in there.

WVSOM Student Gov followed me on IG a few weeks back... I wish this actually meant something... Could you imagine :rofl:
Haha maybe @wildman1994 should make a post on how much he loves LMU-DCOM and let us know if that helps out any :rofl:

• Haha
Lol that sounds like a foolproof plan for a medical school acceptance to me :nod:

Is this what you guys are talking about or did you get the one that said its completed? I submitted 08/04 and got this today

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 6.41.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 6.41.50 PM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 162
Just got the "file complete" email! Now to wait for an II :whistle::xf:

Reactions: 3 users
How long did it take since they received your secondary to get the file complete email?
I submitted my secondary on July 5th but AACOMAS didn't receive my MCAT score until August 3rd. So I've had all my required documents in for a week now.

How long did it take since they received your secondary to get the file complete email?
I submitted my secondary on the 18th of July, received a complete email on the 27th and an interview on August 7th. I thought this might help with timing everything :)

I submitted my secondary on the 18th of July, received a complete email on the 27th and an interview on August 7th. I thought this might help with timing everything :)
Thanks for this!!

@Hannah134367, did they email you with a calendar of interview dates available or only a couple options?

This might be a dumb question but how does admissions know which LOR is from a science professor? As far as I remember under title I wrote "Professor" and did not specify which subject under evaluations on AACOMAS, are they going to look at all LOR and determine which one is science and which is from a MD/DO? Or was I supposed to specify that somewhere

Congrats guys! I received my complete email 7/19. Hope I hear soon!

This might be a dumb question but how does admissions know which LOR is from a science professor? As far as I remember under title I wrote "Professor" and did not specify which subject under evaluations on AACOMAS, are they going to look at all LOR and determine which one is science and which is from a MD/DO? Or was I supposed to specify that somewhere

I’m pretty sure they look at all your letters and will know based on the letterhead in the LOR.

Starting to get a little concerned. This is my first choice med school and I still have not received an II. My file has been complete since 7/27. Idk if I am just worrying too much but I really just hope I didn't get passed over.
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.7
MCAT: 500
In-state applicant

Starting to get a little concerned. This is my first choice med school and I still have not received an II. My file has been complete since 7/27. Idk if I am just worrying too much but I really just hope I didn't get passed over.
In-state applicant
They're probably just swamped with apps. I'd wait a while before getting too concerned... I know that's easier said than done though. Good luck!!

In-state applicant

Definitely plenty of time

I have a MS degree under my belt and it hasn't helped me much unfortunately. LMU has a good masters program and I know a few people who got in after doing it with B's. I am scared to take on more loans though and just want to start school. Looks like Carribbean if this cycle doesn't work out. Don't want to look back 30 years from now and wish I exhausted all the options : D

Thats my plan too. Caribbean if this cycle fails. After researching all these schools though def fallen in love with some of them and hoping one of them sees something in my app outside of the GPA.

II this morning. Interview dates the 23rd and 30th. This is my first choice and I am so excited.

Reactions: 6 users
II this morning. Interview dates the 23rd and 30th. This is my first choice and I am so excited.
Congrats!! That’s awesome! When did you receive the complete email? Sorry if you’ve already answered that question here!

Congrats!! That’s awesome! When did you receive the complete email? Sorry if you’ve already answered that question here!
I am still waiting for the email that contains everything. I'll let you know what it says when I get it.

I opened the portal today and it says that my application is under review. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I opened the portal today and it says that my application is under review. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Mine said complete and under review the day I submitted the secondary, that was on 7/25 and then I got an email on 8/9 saying they RECEIVED my secondary and I'm not actually complete yet

Mine said complete and under review the day I submitted the secondary, that was on 7/25 and then I got an email on 8/9 saying they RECEIVED my secondary and I'm not actually complete yet
I submitted mine mid to late July, it immediately said under review, I got an email that my secondary was received on 8/9, and I got a complete email on 8/11. Still says under review

Can you send a picture of what that would look like? Right now my portal just says "Submitted" even though I've received a complete and under review email on 7/27

Sorry, not a picture, but mine says:

Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine - Submitted
Congratulations! Your application is under review.

how long did it take to recieve the complete email?