2018 Doctoral Public Health (PhD, DrPH, ScD) Admission Results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PublicHealthLove

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw one of these threads listed for 2016 and 2017, but not 2018. Please let me know if I have reposted!

Has anyone heard back from any programs yet? I'm still waiting to hear back from GW's DrPH program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I saw one of these threads listed for 2016 and 2017, but not 2018. Please let me know if I have reposted!

Has anyone heard back from any programs yet? I'm still waiting to hear back from GW's DrPH program.

Heard back from GW PhD Epi program this morning! Got rejected...

Anyone get an interview with Harvard DrPH program?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm waiting for DrPH decisions from GW and JHSPH. No word from either yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting for DrPH decisions from GW and JHSPH. No word from either yet.

I heard from a friend who is currently in the program that GW already started interviewing DrPH applicants. I'm a bit worried. :/

Heard back from GW PhD Epi program this morning! Got rejected...

Anyone get an interview with Harvard DrPH program?

I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other applications though! I kind of foolishly put all of my eggs in one basket.

I heard from a friend who is currently in the program that GW already started interviewing DrPH applicants. I'm a bit worried. :/

Maybe it means we are on some sort of "B list" or something. If I'm going to get rejected I'd rather know now than have to sit around and wonder!

Jeez guys, I'm kinda freaking out myself. I applied for UT Health, School of Public Health, Houston - DrPH, Community Health Practice and I haven't heard a thing yet. Other people in my classes (albeit, Sociologists) are getting their acceptance letters.

Since we're on the subject: I'm Retired U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Public Health, Infectious Disease, VA Tele-Health Tech (Infectious Disease), had a CDC Summer Internship in ATL this Summer'17, GPA: 3.8something, GRE Scores sucked.

I did get the notification that UT Health had received my application, but nothing more.

I interviewed with GW Health Behavior for DrPH last Friday and am waiting for some follow up. The wait is killing me!

I interviewed with GW Health Behavior for DrPH last Friday and am waiting for some follow up. The wait is killing me!

Fingers crossed for you! I'm getting a bit anxious about not getting a chance to interview.

I gave in and checked with GW on the status of the interviews. I was told that the first round of interview offers have been extended, but final decisions have not been made. The staff member said that everyone will know one way or the other by end of February.

I gave in and checked with GW on the status of the interviews. I was told that the first round of interview offers have been extended, but final decisions have not been made. The staff member said that everyone will know one way or the other by end of February.

Meh. That's disappointing. Thanks for calling GW and for sharing the update on here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Buhler...Buhler...Buhler...no news from anyone?

Buhler...Buhler...Buhler...no news from anyone?
I went to a doctoral student day for Drexel University about a week ago and it seems like everyone is in the same boat with hearing very little from programs thus far. Best of luck with UT!

Got my first acceptance! UNC Chapel Hill

Reactions: 1 users
I had 2 interviews with admissions/faculty Harvard for their DrPH, the most recent one was on 2/5. (For the record, Im the one that posted that on grad cafe, and I get the sense that 2 interviews isn't the norm - I have a strange application that I think they wanted more clarification on.) No word yet on decisions but my interviewer said he thought admissions would issue them soon

Also applied to GW DrPH but no interview offer...bummed to hear it sounds like I missed them

Anyone have any word from JHU DrPH on interviews or potential acceptance/denial dates? I heard they possibly don't do interviews?

Last edited:
I had 2 interviews with admissions/faculty Harvard for their DrPH, the most recent one was on 2/5. (For the record, Im the one that posted that on grad cafe, and I get the sense that 2 interviews isn't the norm - I have a strange application that I think they wanted more clarification on.) No word yet on decisions but my interviewer said he thought admissions would issue them soon

Also applied to GW DrPH but no interview offer...bummed to hear it sounds like I missed them

Anyone have any word from JHU DrPH on interviews or potential acceptance/denial dates? I heard they possibly don't do interviews?

I also applied to GW DrPH - no offer for interview, but I was told we will find out either way at the end of February. I haven't heard back from JHU either, but based on last year's dates we probably won't hear anything until mid-March.

I applied for the PhD program in Epi at Columbia's Mailman School of Public Health. I interviewed this week and was told I'll hear back in the next few weeks.

I had a first interview with HSPH and was told that the next step was a 2nd interview with the dean and a faculty member, but then I never heard back. It seemed to me that 2 interviews was the norm.

I had a first interview with HSPH and was told that the next step was a 2nd interview with the dean and a faculty member, but then I never heard back. It seemed to me that 2 interviews was the norm.
I had two interviews with HSPH as well. Was told I might get contacted for another, but not confirmed. No word since though.

I had two interviews with HSPH as well. Was told I might get contacted for another, but not confirmed. No word since though.
Congrats. Please can you share your statistics. GRE Scores e.t.c. I also applied for the DrPH but have not heard back.

I also applied to GW DrPH - no offer for interview, but I was told we will find out either way at the end of February. I haven't heard back from JHU either, but based on last year's dates we probably won't hear anything until mid-March.
same here. Suspense is a-lot.

Fingers crossed for you! I'm getting a bit anxious about not getting a chance to interview.
Congrats, I applied for the global health DrPH but no word yet. please share your stats if you can. What was the interview like?

Congrats. Please can you share your statistics. GRE Scores e.t.c. I also applied for the DrPH but have not heard back.

My stats -
Educational: 2 masters degrees (one an MPH); 3.96 grad GPA; GRE: 96th percentile verbal, 51st quant, 82nd written
Experience: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, federal gov't public health employment

Interviews were 30 min each with faculty, not too hard hitting. General questions about career goals, interest in the degree and school, leadership experience, what I wrote in my essays, etc.

Last edited:

Education: MPH, can't remember my specific GPA, but it wasn't as good as PH2018 :)
GRE: I think 169 Math, 160 Verbal, 5.0 Writing
Experience: 7 years in local and state public health work

I just got a rejection email from GWU's DrPH in Health Policy program. Oh well, on to searching for other programs. Good luck everyone else!

Rejection just came today for GW's Health Behavior DrPH...

Rejection just came today for GW's Health Behavior DrPH...

Sorry. Hugs from one rejected applicant to another! I don't know about you, but I'm planning on applying to some programs for Fall 2019. I hate that GW only takes students every other year.

Anyone heard from any schools? Seems to have been a busy week.

I got accepted into Columbia's PHD program in Epidemiology.

Reactions: 2 users

Did anyone apply to UGA's DrPH program? If so, any word?

I got accepted into Columbia's PHD program in Epidemiology.
That's amazing! Congrats. I see some of your stats in your signature but would you mind sharing a bit more about your experience? Totally ok if you'd rather stay more anonymous and not though

Checked the portal for JHU DrPH program - rejected :-/
Good luck to everyone else!

Did anyone apply to UGA's DrPH program? If so, any word?
I applied. Last week I received an invitation for an interview which I have tomorrow. Also in last weeks communication I received 2 supplemental application questions that were required before my interview tomorrow. Im extremely nervous about the interview. Has anyone interviewed with UGA's DrPH program or any other program and can offer some details about the interview questions or process? :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Has anyone else heard about decisions? I'm assuming by this point most of you have. I'll be applying for the next cycle so I've been lurking around.

Has anyone else heard about decisions? I'm assuming by this point most of you have. I'll be applying for the next cycle so I've been lurking around.
As of this morning, I have officially heard from all of my schools, including one that I was previously on wait list for.

Has anyone heard back from Columbia DrPh?

I spend most of my time on GradCafe [obsessing:nailbiting:] but figured I check over to find/give updates. Did not get any funding (boo!), but Tulane is looking like the most feasible (unless I get a full ride from either of the PhDs) since I am hoping for an RA/TA :).

GWU (Health Policy), Drexel (Health Management and Policy), Tulane (GCHBS); USF, UCB, UNC, UTexas; FIU (Health Promotion-PhD), LSU (Community Health Sciences-PhD)
3a/4r/2p/0w

Hello everyone,
Are there any Doctoral public health programs you are aware of that offer Spring admission (asking for a close friend who could not find this info on sophas)?