2018-2019 Hofstra Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anttino427

Reaction score
Let's wait out the storm together.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also waiting to hopefully hear back

Reactions: 1 user
Waiting to hear back soon too. But the most recent posts on the actual application thread about Hofstra over-accepting and the class almost being full worries me honestly.

1st tier waitlist as well. Was told by Hofstra not to get my hopes high.
Who did you speak to about this? Cause I called them as well and yes they gave me the typical reply of waiting to hear back but they did say the class isn't full and they're still in the process of sorting out the waitlist

Who did you speak to about this? Cause I called them as well and yes they gave me the typical reply of waiting to hear back but they did say the class isn't full and they're still in the process of sorting out the waitlist

I don't remember her name. There was no way for me to fact-check her on the spot. I hope whoever told you was telling the truth.

Do you have the name of the person you talked to? I will call the school on Monday and ask for the person you talk to and see whether I get the same response.

I don't remember her name. There was no way for me to fact-check her on the spot. I hope whoever told you was telling the truth.
Okay thanks so much. Yeah here's hoping she was telling me the true current status

Do you have the name of the person you talked to? I will call the school on Monday and ask for the person you talk to and see whether I get the same response.
Yes! Her name is Lauren (I think). She said it so quickly so I'm hoping that's her name

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the school and they gave me the generic response that they are still pulling from waitlist and that the process can go up till orientation in August.

Maybe I am ranked very low within the 1st tier waitlist (my stats: 3.9+/518+)? Is that why they told me to have a plan B in place? It is going to be a long weekend.:(

Maybe I am ranked very low within the 1st tier waitlist (my stats: 3.9+/518+)? Is that why they told me to have a plan B in place? It is going to be a long weekend.:(
Is this what they told you verbatim?
But we’re still in May so we can’t really know too much. There’s still a chance, especially for you with those stats.

I got the 1st tier waitlist e-mail in late March but I'm an MD/PhD. No specifics gained about my situation since I e-mailed Dr. Diamond in January regarding where I stand. Hopefully it works out! I truly loved this school too much and hearing little from them is crushing me.

I know of one person from my school who got off the waitlist this past Friday

Waiting to hear back soon too. But the most recent posts on the actual application thread about Hofstra over-accepting and the class almost being full worries me honestly.
I think this year they have an unexpectedly good yield, considering that 60% of the current MS2 class were accepted from the waitlist (according to a student host of mine).

Just found this thread, and if it's any consolation there's been a small but steady trickle of new people into the accepted students fb group since April 30 :) still hope!

Just found this thread, and if it's any consolation there's been a small but steady trickle of new people into the accepted students fb group since April 30 :) still hope!

There is waitlist movement, but much less compared to last few years. :confused:

Do you guys think sending a letter of recommendation (from an M.D.) at this point is going to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.