2018-2019 Boston University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awarded Deans Scholarship via email!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thought dean’s scholarship would be a bigger award offered :| still grateful for it

Official withdrew my acceptance and dean's scholarship - hoping both goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 5 users
R
Disappointed but not even mad at this R. One of the most thoughtful rejection letters I've read. Thanks Dean Goodell.

For all of you who interviewed in "Round 1" (until early December), have any of you heard back since D-Day (Deferral Day)? I know someone mentioned that they'd be releasing more acceptances (and I assume more deferrals and rejections), but it's been pretty silent it seems...

During interview day, they explicitly said that the first round of acceptances will be offered to a select few individuals. Most of the acceptances will be sent out in the second batch in February.

Anyone accepted know where to find the "short scholarship survey?" It is referenced multiple times online without a link to it. Any help would be appreciated!

Anyone accepted know where to find the "short scholarship survey?" It is referenced multiple times online without a link to it. Any help would be appreciated!

So look on the finical aid tab, click it and it will have then SCS page and the survey should be on the banner at the top of the page, hopefully this helps

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

During interview day, they explicitly said that the first round of acceptances will be offered to a select few individuals. Most of the acceptances will be sent out in the second batch in February.
Yeah, that I remember :) Thanks for the response. Maybe I should've been more clear... Has anyone who interviewed in the first section still waiting for either a deferral/acceptance/rejection (aka you haven't heard anything back yet at all)?

But for those of us who got the deferred email, it said the final decision won't be until mid-march, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
When you guys upload your 2017 tax documents to the SFS portal- are you redacting your SSN? they specify to redact for fax/mail/e-mail but not for uploaded docs so I'm a little confused

When you guys upload your 2017 tax documents to the SFS portal- are you redacting your SSN? they specify to redact for fax/mail/e-mail but not for uploaded docs so I'm a little confused
I didn't!

Congrats to those also accepted and best of luck to those hearing in March. Does anyone know if there is an accepted students fb page?

Congrats to those also accepted and best of luck to those hearing in March. Does anyone know if there is an accepted students fb page?

Maybe by April because I’m not sure if I will choose BU yet

Sorry, but what does that have to do with my question?

I was trying to say that final decisions are not made until April 30th so I doubt there will be any fb groups until then. Just my opinion

Does anyone know if BU also offers need based grants/scholarships for disadvantaged applicants?

I'm not sure if any of you will be able to answer but I'll give it a shot? Does anyone know how long until we get back a finaid package once we've submitted all forms? Thanks!

Good job pats!

If I go to BU I can be a real fan not a bandwagoner

Reactions: 4 users
here come the slowest 3 weeks ever....

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah from looking at the past 2 threads, it looks like decisions come out around March 7th-8th. Best of luck everyone!

Yeah from looking at the past 2 threads, it looks like decisions come out around March 7th-8th. Best of luck everyone!
I will try not to tear all of my hair out

Is the scholarship survey available to everybody??
I was deferred in January and didn't have access to it then, but I seem to now?

Is the scholarship survey available to everybody??
I was deferred in January and didn't have access to it then, but I seem to now?
It is available to everyone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 12.46.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 12.46.58 AM.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 157
The reason I ask is because it says this under "Scholarship Survey"
I'm pretty sure it was available to everyone before the first round went out. I think that just means complete the survey if you are accepted. But I could be wrong! Hopefully it's good news but better to be safe and not read into every little detail. Good luck!

Do you guys send update letters to the admissions email or Dr. Goodell?

I'm not sure if any of you will be able to answer but I'll give it a shot? Does anyone know how long until we get back a finaid package once we've submitted all forms? Thanks!
Probably not til around the time of second look IIRC

do you guys think it's too late to send an update letter?

I'd say just send it!
thank you so much for that boost of confidence. I was hesitant on sending an LOI this late in the game but because of your comment I sat, wrote one and uploaded it, so thank you!!! crossing my fingers we hear good news next week!

really?? I was under the impression it was going to be this Friday!

omg you guys are right, the past 2 years decisions were released on Wednesday o_O

by the way, does anyone know what the average merit and need based financial aid is at BUSM? are they known for giving aid?

omg you guys are right, the past 2 years decisions were released on Wednesday o_O

by the way, does anyone know what the average merit and need based financial aid is at BUSM? are they known for giving aid?

They were late with the January acceptances this cycle so now I don't bank on the previous year. Also merit aid seems to only go to the January acceptees, or at least the vast majority of it goes to them.

They were late with the January acceptances this cycle so now I don't bank on the previous year. Also merit aid seems to only go to the January acceptees, or at least the vast majority of it goes to them.
what about need based aid, not including loans?

Anyone know when January accepted students can expect Fin Aid awards?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when January accepted students can expect Fin Aid awards?

I asked the same question and the financial aid office responded with "Our goal is to have an aid offer to everyone closer to the April Open House."

Does anyone know if they're all done giving scholarships to those accepted in January? Because if so, I don't think I'll wait until April to receive my financial aid award and I'd be happy to withdraw my acceptance in the hopes that it goes to one of you sooner! :)

Reactions: 3 users