2017 UCSF pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who's gotten in so far!

Do you guys think that they give all the good news first before sending out the rejections? =/
Most likely not. Rejected ...:( ..good luck eceryone else

Members don't see this ad.

it kind of looks that way :/ preparing myself for bad news just in case. Has anyone from 2/2 heard anything yet, btw?

I'm from 2/2 and I've heard nothing. I have a huge bag of chocolate prepared lol

3 for 3! I don't think I'm going here though, so someone will get my spot

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think that all of the 122 acceptances were sent out today? I am so anxious :( I haven't heard anything since my interview in Feb.

congrats to everyone that got accepted!!!

seems like acceptances were sent out first. I'm preparing myself for a rejection.

I wonder what is taking them so long, some people had interviews in Mid-January and the last interview was on the 8th of February. I understand that the review is thorough, but I wish they would just tell everyone at the same time, so we could finally get some peace of mind.

I wonder what is taking them so long, some people had interviews in Mid-January and the last interview was on the 8th of February. I understand that the review is thorough, but I wish they would just tell everyone at the same time, so we could finally get some peace of mind.

yup i agree with you. it really really really sucks. i was also the one who asked on the forum when we'd hear back and of course... i get the whole "patience is important..." tidbit. the good thing is though, it is almost over!

yup i agree with you. it really really really sucks. i was also the one who asked on the forum when we'd hear back and of course... i get the whole "patience is important..." tidbit. the good thing is though, it is almost over!

I am trying so hard to be patient, but it is not working :( do you think they will tell us today or do you think we will have to wait until next week?

I think they might let more people know today, but definitely not everyone. last year they started letting people know, both acceptances and rejections, and then it continued for two weeks. I haven't been patient either. ive been glued to my email since the month started :(

So today is the 22nd, I don't think they will tell us anything over the weekend, so if we don't hear today than we are waiting until the 25th (Monday) until the 29th (Friday), and they told us they would let us know by April 1st. Since UCSF and UCSD both have a common deadline for April 5th. And I think I need more than 3-4 days to make my final decision. Ugh UCSF, not cool.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea my thoughts exactly. I thought they would let everyone know by today so that everyone has two weeks to make a final decision. Im just hoping I hear back before the 28th because i have to turn in my deposit for usc -_-

So today is the 22nd, I don't think they will tell us anything over the weekend, so if we don't hear today than we are waiting until the 25th (Monday) until the 29th (Friday), and they told us they would let us know by April 1st. Since UCSF and UCSD both have a common deadline for April 5th. And I think I need more than 3-4 days to make my final decision. Ugh UCSF, not cool.

I freak out every time I get an email, but it's always junk mail. I don't want no lawn service.
And maybe they'll extend the common deadline for you guys?

Is everyone else also checking the spam folder like crazy? haha

I am...checking my email like every minute.. Have to constantly tell myself that it's okay if I don't get in...it's not the end of the world

nothing, and it is almost the end of the day, I guess we are waiting until next week.

Sure... I can wait another week, it's no problem...really! :oops:

Congratulations to the sdn-ers accepted already, that's so awesome!

Congrats to everyone accepted! :D The current P1 class made a facebook group for the class of 2017 already. Right now, there's only like 4 P0's and like 225 current students (awkward much?). But regardless, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/220077711468356/

Also, I wanted to link everyone to a resource that might be helpful during 1st year of pharmacy school. I'm a current P1 at UCSF and make YouTube video study guides for some of our classes. So far I've done stuff for physical chemistry, o-chem, and biopharm. Feel free to subscribe and bookmark for future use. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikejdeguia

does anyone have any information regarding the financial aid packages that will end up getting given to incoming students? like, what (if any) grants are available, the types of loans, the amount of aid, how work-study works (not sure if it's different for a professional program?)...?

I kinda want to start getting my finances in order before I pack my bags and move out to Cali....

Just got rejected :( Oh well, it was expected anyways. It was nice sharing my anxiety with everyone these past few months haha. Guess I'm out for now, but maybe one day we'll meet each other as pharmacists :D Definitely not givin' up on the San Francisco dream~

Just got rejected :( Oh well, it was expected anyways. It was nice sharing my anxiety with everyone these past few months haha. Guess I'm out for now, but maybe one day we'll meet each other as pharmacists :D Definitely not givin' up on the San Francisco dream~

Sorry to hear that, but perhaps another school will accept you.

I just got accepted! Congratulations to everyone accepted, and if you haven't been accepted yet, there's still hope!!!

Congrats everyone! I just received my acceptance email! See you guys in September! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting!

Got my acceptance at 11am today! Congrats to everyone :) and good luck to those still waiting. Hang in there :)!

Accepted at 1:25 pm!!! Congrats everyone and good luck to all those who still have yet to hear back. See ya in the fall!!! :)

Just got my acceptance too! Question...anyone else been provisionally accepted? What does that mean?

Wait nvm, UCSF explains it on their website :) good luck to everyone else!

I just got my acceptance email and I had to hold in my tears at work. Going from a 2.9 gpa student to 3.5 I honestly never thought this could be possible but faith and humility goes a long long way.. If I can do it, literally anybody can. I hope that's encouraging to someone out there :)

yay yay yay! Looks like I'm going to be suuuuper broke in the near future. See everyone in the Fall.

Of the ppl who got in how many of you guys are going to accept the offer?

Last edited:
Waitlisted #22! Being UCSF, that's most likely a rejection...guess it's more waiting for me!

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone accepted! :D The current P1 class made a facebook group for the class of 2017 already. Right now, there's only like 4 P0's and like 225 current students (awkward much?). But regardless, here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/220077711468356/

Also, I wanted to link everyone to a resource that might be helpful during 1st year of pharmacy school. I'm a current P1 at UCSF and make YouTube video study guides for some of our classes. So far I've done stuff for physical chemistry, o-chem, and biopharm. Feel free to subscribe and bookmark for future use. :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/mikejdeguia

Bless you JTalbain! Thanks for the link. Learning chem is painful, but the knowledge is dead useful especially in pharmacy. In fact, I heard in some countries, pharmacists are actually called "chemists".

Yep yep, there's always doing a residency in the SF Bay Area after pharm school!

I just got my acceptance email and I had to hold in my tears at work. Going from a 2.9 gpa student to 3.5 I honestly never thought this could be possible but faith and humility goes a long long way.. If I can do it, literally anybody can. I hope that's encouraging to someone out there :)

I'm soo happy for you!

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted!

@ elesen: me too! but I'm telling myself it's going to be worth it. I heard on average it takes 10 yrs to pay off the debt. But I heard of someone on track to doing it in 5 years so it gives me hope.

@ those waitlisted, I have my fingers crossed for you!

If there is anyone familiar with waitlist procedures I would much appreciate it...
UCSF says they will send out a status update for waitlisters May 10. Does that mean they will only start moving people off the waitlist in May? Or are they going to move people off starting now (if anyone declines), and May 10 is just the date they notify us of our new positions? Thanks.

Has anyone received the email for background check yet?

If you did the background check for a different school, they will automatically forward it to UCSF. If not, UCSF probably just hasn't sent it out yet!

If there is anyone familiar with waitlist procedures I would much appreciate it...
UCSF says they will send out a status update for waitlisters May 10. Does that mean they will only start moving people off the waitlist in May? Or are they going to move people off starting now (if anyone declines), and May 10 is just the date they notify us of our new positions? Thanks.

My understanding is that people are contacted once a spot opens up. The big date when spots open up is the common acceptance date (it's April something). I'm not familiar with wait-list updates, but I'd assume that May 10 is when you find out your new position on the wait-list.

Of course, I'm not absolutely sure of this, so don't take my word as truth. Wait-list procedures may have changed this year, and what I'm saying is just based off what I've heard/seen from classmates last year.