2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi I have a question, I just submitted my primary 2/9 got an email 3/13 saying my file was complete with everything. My mcat score is 502, gpa 3.57, sgpa 3.37, good amount of volunteer hours, leadership (served as an RA and lab TA), research and presentations and just a little bit amount of DO shadowing hours (about 40 over the span of two months and continuing). Is there a good chance I can receive an interview with my stats or am I too late given that my application was complete only days before the deadline? Any feedback would be appreacted!
Although anything can happen, they complete their interviews in a couple of weeks, as the class is almost full, so it is very very unlikely, why did you turn in the primary so late if u dont mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

Although anything can happen, they complete their interviews in a couple of weeks, as the class is almost full, so it is very very unlikely, why did you turn in the primary so late if u dont mind me asking?
I actually received a II this morning! And I turned it in late because I had recently advanced of a few months decided I wanted to go to DO school!

I actually received a II this morning! And I turned it in late because I had recently advanced of a few months decided I wanted to go to DO school!
Omg thats awesome! Good luck during the interview, to ease your mind they accept 80% of all people interviewed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, to the people who have already done the Castlebranch background check, could someone please explain the process? I'm going to be out of the country soon and don't want to miss the deadline but I'm not sure how long the whole process takes. Thanks!

II this morning! Offering dates 4/6, 4/13, or 4/21. Most likely will not attend but just FYI for anyone wondering out there!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite today! So there’s still hope :)

Does anyone know how many seats for this class are still open? And how many interview days are left? Anxiously waiting from the waitlist...

No word from this school. I was complete in October. When does interview season end? 3.2 and 512 here.

From what I have heard, there are three interview dates left: 4/6, 4/13, or 4/21. I would strongly recommend calling admissions and expressing interest. Your file might simply be lost in the shuffle. There's no harm in just checking in - call today since tomorrow the school is closed for Good Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh me too
Same here. Hopefully we'll hear something once interviews finish at the end of this month. I am wondering how many spots are left, though...

Reactions: 1 users
I'm currently Alternate-listed here. But how common is it for people to get off of it?

I heard this school accepts most of the interviewees either directly or off the list

Just got the call from LMU - Accepted - Interviewed on -3/23 - Beyond happy :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'll be staying in Cumberland gap this coming fall, does anyone know how long of a bike ride it would be to get to campus from there, like if I go past the dog park area and through that walking tunnel?

I'll be staying in Cumberland gap this coming fall, does anyone know how long of a bike ride it would be to get to campus from there, like if I go past the dog park area and through that walking tunnel?

It depends on how physically fit you are and how much stuff you're willing to take with you. Based on the estimated route, it looks like it would be a 2.5 mile ride one way. I really don't recommend this unless you have to because it's not a straight route. There are a lot of uphill sections and the roads curve quite a bit. Not to mention, after your ride, you'll probably have to take a shower and while there are showers on the 4th floor of MANS - it's just more stuff that you have to carry to class. Plus, you'll probably be stuck at the campus for most of the day instead of being able to return to the Gap due to how often the schedule changes from "free hour" to "mandatory lab or lecture".

It depends on how physically fit you are and how much stuff you're willing to take with you. Based on the estimated route, it looks like it would be a 2.5 mile ride one way. I really don't recommend this unless you have to because it's not a straight route. There are a lot of uphill sections and the roads curve quite a bit. Not to mention, after your ride, you'll probably have to take a shower and while there are showers on the 4th floor of MANS - it's just more stuff that you have to carry to class. Plus, you'll probably be stuck at the campus for most of the day instead of being able to return to the Gap due to how often the schedule changes from "free hour" to "mandatory lab or lecture".

Thanks for the reply, yeah that may not be as doable as I was hoping!

Thanks for the reply, yeah that may not be as doable as I was hoping!

The weather in this area is also very sporadic - we go from monsoon like rains to clear blue skies within a day. There are students though that have biked back and forth between the Gap and school, but you'll definitely want a car for some days.

Hey question is anyone interviewing on the 13th. I am actually having a friend give me a ride to Harrogate because it’s a lot cheaper than renting a car (and my current car isn’t good enough to get me to Harrogate)will be staying at sleep inn. Would I be able to maybe catch a ride with anyone to the interview on Friday morning? I know sleep inn is basically next to Holiday Inn Express, so if you’re staying at either of these hotels I would really appreciate this.

Just got the call from LMU - Accepted - Interviewed on -3/23 - Beyond happy :)
Do you mind me asking what your stats were? And if you’re aloud can you tell me how the interview wasn’t for you (was it friendly, the kinds of questions they asked, things like that).

Hey question is anyone interviewing on the 13th. I am actually having a friend give me a ride to Harrogate because it’s a lot cheaper than renting a car (and my current car isn’t good enough to get me to Harrogate)will be staying at sleep inn. Would I be able to maybe catch a ride with anyone to the interview on Friday morning? I know sleep inn is basically next to Holiday Inn Express, so if you’re staying at either of these hotels I would really appreciate this.

Did the school stop offering the shuttle service? With those hotels, I thought someone picks the interviewees up in the morning.

Did the school stop offering the shuttle service? With those hotels, I thought someone picks the interviewees up in the morning.
Yes they have stopped offering shuttle service

Any international students currently attending DCOM? have a couple questions on visa requirements

Nobody has commented in over 1 week now, so are interviews completely finished? If so, does anyone know when they typically start reviewing the waitlist? Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to waitlisters like myself!

Nobody has commented in over 1 week now, so are interviews completely finished? If so, does anyone know when they typically start reviewing the waitlist? Congrats to everyone who was accepted and good luck to waitlisters like myself!
I believe they have finished interviews... They'll likely start reviewing waitlist after they accept members from the last interview. Idk when that will be though or how long it takes.

Same!

Hey! i just finished the last interview on the 20th and i think they said it was the last interview for their cycle and they will try to get back to us by the end of the next week because they said they had some important events during this week. So I think they might start reviewing after next friday?

To those who interviewed on the 20th, the admissions committee didn’t meet this past Wednesday because some faculty were out of town and they did not have quorum. They will meet next week. (my source: DCOM professor)

To those who interviewed on the 20th, the admissions committee didn’t meet this past Wednesday because some faculty were out of town and they did not have quorum. They will meet next week. (my source: DCOM professor)

Please keep giving us updates! That's extremely helpful!

For anyone who has their med school app transferred to MS program, did you have to do anything else?

For anyone who has their med school app transferred to MS program, did you have to do anything else?
I don't think there is much else to do, I would give Pamela Lestet an email though to let her know you're interested. She's super nice and helpful.

Have the people who did the very last interview heard back yet?

I heard they won't re-review the waitlisted people until all the interviewees have been decided on first.

I heard they won't re-review the waitlisted people until all the interviewees have been decided on first.
I haven't heard back yet, unfortunately

Maybe they’ll pick last weeks interviewees and a few waitlisters today if there is space?

Just got my acceptance call! interviewed 4/20

Accepted 5/3!! Interviewed 4/6, waitlisted 4/16. Couldn't be happier!

Construction has started for the on-campus Chick-fil-a.

Last edited:
Should be withdrawing my acceptance from this school within the next week. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist hopefully my spot goes to one of you waiting anxiously. I wish everyone all the best!

How did you know if your app was transferred to the lmu MS program? I got an email from them telling me about MS program in early April.Does that mean that even though I'm on the waitlist, it's assumed that I won't be getting an acceptance from LMU DCOM this cycle? :(

How did you know if your app was transferred to the lmu MS program? I got an email from them telling me about MS program in early April.Does that mean that even though I'm on the waitlist, it's assumed that I won't be getting an acceptance from LMU DCOM this cycle? :(
I asked them to transfer it. And I'm not sure if that's what it means cause I don't really know the movement of the waitlist here. Maybe call and ask if they're still accepting students!