2017-2018 Lincoln Memorial University - Debusk (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted my app on June 1st. Good luck everyone!

Got an e-mail today confirming that they received my primary. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got it too!
Me too. Then I sent an email asking them how would I know if my application is complete. Someone replied right away and told me that my application is complete and they will also send out a follow-up email to let everyone know when their apps are complete.

Complete Email just now (6/26). Email said II's would start happening after July 1st!! First Complete Email of the cycle!!

Complete Email just now (6/26). Email said II's would start happening after July 1st!! First Complete Email of the cycle!!
Got an email stating I would receive IIs after July 31st.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email stating I would receive IIs after July 31st.
Think there were two batches of Emails? or could mine be a typo? I just rechecked to be sure, and it said July 1st for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got the same email saying II would occur after July 1st and that actual interviews begin in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the email and mine said July 31st as well.

I heard the school plans to hold a TBD fight to the death: The July 1sters vs the July 31sters for LMU admissions.

Reactions: 11 users
Just got the complete email and mine says July 1st

For what it's worth, I now have received a July 1st email in addition to the 31st email...

For what it's worth, I now have received a July 1st email in addition to the 31st email...

How long did it take for you to receive your e-mail saying July 31st and then your "complete" e-mail with July 1st?? I received the July 31st e-mail but haven't gotten my complete e-mail yet.

How long did it take for you to receive your e-mail saying July 31st and then your "complete" e-mail with July 1st?? I received the July 31st e-mail but haven't gotten my complete e-mail yet.
June 26th: July 31st email
June 28th: July 1st email

Did you guys do a why Lincoln for the "Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven't explained on your AACOMAS application?" question?

I just submitted my primary today! I have no idea how I missed the school when picking schools... T_T

Did you guys do a why Lincoln for the "Is there anything you want the admissions committee to know that you haven't explained on your AACOMAS application?" question?
I just wrote a quick explanation of why I chose to only apply to osteopathic schools.

How long did you guys write your essay for that is part of the primary? I know it gives room for 5000 characters, but damn that's a lot.

How long did you guys write your essay for that is part of the primary? I know it gives room for 5000 characters, but damn that's a lot.
Just answered the prompt and got to about 2000.

Complete email! It said they begin IIs after July 1st

Good luck to all of you interested in coming to DCOM! Current 2nd year so if I could help with any questions, don't hesitate to message!

Good luck to all of you interested in coming to DCOM! Current 2nd year so if I could help with any questions, don't hesitate to message!
Thank you! From what you've seen in your class and others, is the school pretty OOS friendly or does it have strong preference for area applicants?

Thank you! From what you've seen in your class and others, is the school pretty OOS friendly or does it have strong preference for area applicants?

Very OOS friendly! I'm from California myself. We have a sizeable group from Illinois, Texas, Florida, and even some Canadians. Where you're from won't hold you back in the slightest.

Reactions: 2 users
Very OOS friendly! I'm from California myself. We have a sizeable group from Illinois, Texas, Florida, and even some Canadians. Where you're from won't hold you back in the slightest.
That's awesome! Thanks for the reply :)

Has anybody that is complete heard about an II yet? Complete at the end of last week and was just curious if they have started calling or not yet.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all of the DO schools with gpa and mcat score just like the MSAR?
Thanks

Any II yet?

I asked this the other day as well and no one had received one. I looked through last year's thread and the first set went out on August 4th (First Friday in August last year), however the email everyone then said they got said that IIs didn't start until August. The ones this year said after July 1sy they will be starting to be sent out, so not really sure what is going on with that.

I haven't even gotten a portal log-in or anything after submitting/paying the secondary

A portal? After I submitted everything and all my items were received I got a complete email that said IIs start after July 1st, and that was all. (Complete on July 20th)