2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where and when did you interview? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Will LECOM have all my letters when I submitted the application through aacomas or do I have to send them separately? I was looking at my portal and noticed the science letters posted but not my other ones. Anyone send letters after interview even though it was attached to her application?

Hey all. I interviewed on 4/27 and my portal still has not changed to say “decision made” yet. Is this normal? Is it an indication of anything positive or negative? Just trying to ease my nerves! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. I interviewed on 4/27 and my portal still has not changed to say “decision made” yet. Is this normal? Is it an indication of anything positive or negative? Just trying to ease my nerves! Thanks!
Mine says the same thing, if that helps. Interviewed 4/6.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed at Erie on 4/13 and still haven't heard back as well. I think they may be holding out for the release of the multiple acceptance list from AACOMAS to start sending out finalized decisions. Just my guess. I emailed the admission counselor 2 weeks ago and she said decisions were updated during the last 2 weeks but it looks like progress is super slow.

I interviewed at Erie on 4/13 and still haven't heard back as well. I think they may be holding out for the release of the multiple acceptance list from AACOMAS to start sending out finalized decisions. Just my guess. I emailed the admission counselor 2 weeks ago and she said decisions were updated during the last 2 weeks but it looks like progress is super slow.
What's the multiple acceptance list from AACOMAS?

What's the multiple acceptance list from AACOMAS?
AACOMAS Application Traffic Guidelines:

Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn.

Prospective osteopathic medical students are expected to provide factual, accurate and complete information throughout the admissions process. AACOM believes that the process requires mutual respect, integrity and honesty among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and between colleges and their prospective osteopathic medical students.

Reactions: 1 users

Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn.

Prospective osteopathic medical students are expected to provide factual, accurate and complete information throughout the admissions process. AACOM believes that the process requires mutual respect, integrity and honesty among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and between colleges and their prospective osteopathic medical students.
I hope this means more movement soon.

I hope this means more movement soon.
Looks like there is some movement. I interviewed in March and my admissions status just changed: The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Looks like there is some movement. I interviewed in March and my admissions status just changed: The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days.

Were you on the waitlist, or was this your first response from your interview?

Update: my portal changed yesterday afternoon for decision made. Now to wait just a bit longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Noticed portal changed to decision made today. Hoping for good news. Interviewed in March. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got my portal change too, from 3/23 SH interview.

I was on the alternate list/wait list and my portal changed from confirmation for seat on the alternate list to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Is this a good thing or is it more 50/50 acceptance or rejection?

I was on the alternate list/wait list and my portal changed from confirmation for seat on the alternate list to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." Is this a good thing or is it more 50/50 acceptance or rejection?
congrats! before this, did your portal say "alternate list" or "wait list?"

Did you ever receive the "high priority" email that they informed everyone on the waitlist about a few weeks ago? Or did the portal status just change?

Yes, I received the email from the admissions office a few weeks ago.

So does this mean that if our portals changed this morning and we have an acceptance to another school we will likely be getting rejection letters?

Anyone have any luck with calling?

Interviewed 4/6, status changed for the first time yesterday to say I'd be getting a letter in the mail. That has to be a rejection, right? Because I wasn't even waitlisted?

Was the email just explaining the wait list or that you specifically were high priority?

The e-mail was more discussing different learning pathways and if I would still be interested in attending if I was placed into a low priority ranked pathway. Wasn't anything specifically saying "high priority"

Just withdrew my acceptance at the Erie campus for a school in-state. Hopefully it goes to one of you patiently waiting for an acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
The e-mail was more discussing different learning pathways and if I would still be interested in attending if I was placed into a low priority ranked pathway. Wasn't anything specifically saying "high priority"
Well... what were your rankings in pathways?

H
Mmm... I think it would be an acceptance. If you think about it, why would they reject someone from a wait/alternate list? I think once you get to the wait/alternate list stage, the only options are to get accepted or to never get off the wait/ alternate list. So from my perspective I don't think you have anything to worry about... but perhaps congratulations?

I ranked the lecture low and there most likely that is what seats will be available. Ranked the DSP and PBL high.
Hmm... so from that logic anyone who has a portal change that also has PBL listed as a primary ranked program will probably not get an acceptance but a wait/alternate list or a rejection? I recall putting PBL as my primary interest.

I ranked the lecture low and there most likely that is what seats will be available. Ranked the DSP and PBL high.

Not necessarily. PBL is not for everyone. They were surprisingly vocal about that in my interview.

Hmm... so from that logic anyone who has a portal change that also has PBL listed as a primary ranked program will probably not get an acceptance but a wait/alternate list or a rejection? I recall putting PBL as my primary interest.

I don't think you can make that leap. See above. In my experience when you interview at a school with multiple campus or pathway options (like LECOM, OU HCOM) with one app process for all, they ask you over and over what you prefer and what you will accept if push comes to shove. They said in the LECOM interview they would consider you for any option you marked on that form as far as pathway and campus preference goes; assuming you ranked every campus & delivery option, you would be considered for any/all of them as slots open up, based on your preference rankings. It sounds to me like the wait/alternate list email of several weeks ago (which I did not receive) was just another avenue to ask/confirm your preferences and if you'd be open to alternatives.

Mmm... I think it would be an acceptance. If you think about it, why would they reject someone from a wait/alternate list? I think once you get to the wait/alternate list stage, the only options are to get accepted or to never get off the wait/ alternate list. So from my perspective I don't think you have anything to worry about... but perhaps congratulations?

This! I think they rejected those who were clearly not a fit soon after the interview. Some folks got quick acceptances and the rest of us were wait/alternate listed either 'officially' by letter/email or 'unofficially' by not hearing anything at all (like me, who interviewed in March). Given we're 10-ish weeks before orientation, I think their singular focus at this point has to be matching from their finite wait/alt list of candidates to a continually variable roster of openings as seats become available. Surely at least a handful of slots opened with the 5/15 DO deadline and several of us reported the "admissions decision" portal status changes over the last couple of days. We'll certainly see when the letters arrive, but I really think this is going to be a congratulations situation!

Not necessarily. PBL is not for everyone. They were surprisingly vocal about that in my interview.

I don't think you can make that leap. See above. In my experience when you interview at a school with multiple campus or pathway options (like LECOM, OU HCOM) with one app process for all, they ask you over and over what you prefer and what you will accept if push comes to shove. They said in the LECOM interview they would consider you for any option you marked on that form as far as pathway and campus preference goes; assuming you ranked every campus & delivery option, you would be considered for any/all of them as slots open up, based on your preference rankings. It sounds to me like the wait/alternate list email of several weeks ago (which I did not receive) was just another avenue to ask/confirm your preferences and if you'd be open to alternatives.

This! I think they rejected those who were clearly not a fit soon after the interview. Some folks got quick acceptances and the rest of us were wait/alternate listed either 'officially' by letter/email or 'unofficially' by not hearing anything at all (like me, who interviewed in March). Given we're 10-ish weeks before orientation, I think their singular focus at this point has to be matching from their finite wait/alt list of candidates to a continually variable roster of openings as seats become available. Surely at least a handful of slots opened with the 5/15 DO deadline and several of us reported the "admissions decision" portal status changes over the last couple of days. We'll certainly see when the letters arrive, but I really think this is going to be a congratulations situation!

^^^ Yes, I remember asking on interview day about this. Pathway ranking will not determine the admissions decision. Rather they will offer you what they can based on preferences. So you will get in but maybe with a different pathway if the one you ranked first has already filled up

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if the delayed “portal change” related to acceptances or rejections in the previous years? I don’t think portals should still be in question this late.

Thank you

Does anyone know what it means if my portal changed to "under review" after the interview process. I thought under review was only for applications that had not yet been selected for interview. Thanks for the help :)

Does anyone know if the delayed “portal change” related to acceptances or rejections in the previous years? I don’t think portals should still be in question this late.

Thank you
When did you interview?

Does 30 days actually mean 30 days? How long until you all received your letters?

However, keep in mind that it's possible that their wait list is plentiful and they are now rejecting those who were left "on hold" with no waitlist or alt list decision. Just a thought, considering that's my position.

However, keep in mind that it's possible that their wait list is plentiful and they are now rejecting those who were left "on hold" with no waitlist or alt list decision. Just a thought, considering that's my position.
Are you saying you got rejected after a long wait after your interview?

Just got my acceptance letter for this fall for LDP. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

What day were you notified/what day did your portal change?
Changed on 5/15. Not sure how long the mail was there but I live across the street from campus, so had I checked every day the mail probably came in Thursday or Friday.

A couple of people I know having portal changes that same day were apparently waitlisted or even rejected so I’m not sure if there is a correlation or not.

Last edited:
Changed on 5/15. Not sure how long the mail was there but I live across the street from campus having been a pharm student at the school prior- so had I checked every day the mail probably came in Thursday or Friday.

A couple of people I know having portal changes that same day were apparently waitlisted or even rejected so I’m not sure if there is a correlation or not.
Do you know when those people interviewed?