This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LSU INVITE!!!!!!! Pressure is extremely high.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
oh and all the rejections you guys mentioned plus MORE lol . hard not to lose hope... sigh

Reactions: 1 user
IV UMiami, wait list Arkansas. Rej Emory, Texas AM, George Washington

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on NYMC, you mind posting it to the main interview thread with the dates that they offered :)

IV brookdale and New York medical college waitlisted at U.arkansaw and LAC+USC

Has anyone gotten an interview by reaching aka email or calling any programs?

It appears that this new brookdale program is very "IMG with good scores" friendly :)!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you consider good scores? I haven't received an IV yet.
Considering the IMG uphill battle you guys have to fight...I'd consider 240's+ to make a PD look at you and think "hey regardless of school, this person knows his/her medicine". Couple that with a few good sloes!

Considering the IMG uphill battle you guys have to fight...I'd consider 240's+ to make a PD look at you and think "hey regardless of school, this person knows his/her medicine". Couple that with a few good sloes!

Thanks! That was actually a very insightful reply! lol unfortunately not in my best interest but nonetheless helpful!

Thanks! That was actually a very insightful reply! lol unfortunately not in my best interest but nonetheless helpful!
Keep your chin up...it ain't over till it's over my man!! I'm sure that doesn't really help either but it's just a waiting game :/!!

Hello,
I have a question
Does the interview date matter: like if it's very late (end of January) would programs have already chosen people from November ?

Hello,
I have a question
Does the interview date matter: like if it's very late (end of January) would programs have already chosen people from November ?

I don't think it does. only 2 of 15 residents in my current program interviewed in Nov. Others are mainly from Oct and Dec. I think one or two from January.

Hello,
I have a question
No. The only person that interview date matters for is you. Some people are more nervous in the early days or more burned out on the later days. There was some research done on this (not gonna lie, WAY too lazy to google it right now), that showed PDs hire equally from all interview days.

No. The only person that interview date matters for is you. Some people are more nervous in the early days or more burned out on the later days. There was some research done on this (not gonna lie, WAY too lazy to google it right now), that showed PDs hire equally from all interview days.
great thanks

Usually in the chair they point to...sometimes I get nervous and accidentally sit in their laps. :D

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! Have you guys been experiencing radio silence from programs for the last 3 weeks or so? At this point I even hope for rejections just to get some answers from places

Hey everyone! Have you guys been experiencing radio silence from programs for the last 3 weeks or so? At this point I even hope for rejections just to get some answers from places
Been still getting rejections lol.... I got
Two today one from Vanderbilt another from program in Minneosota.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my past, present and future EM docs! Hopefully ur day is filled with lots of family, food, fun and football!
Go Detroit, Carolina and Green Bay!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my past, present and future EM docs! Hopefully ur day is filled with lots of family, food, fun and football!
Go Detroit, Carolina and Green Bay!!!!!
and interview invites ;)

For all the folks applying to EM residency.. good luck and happy holidays!

One question though, if you could do it all over again, would you folks recommend new applicants to medical schools like myself to think about the Caribbean and undergoing the IMG route or just head to DO? Thanks again y'all!

For all the folks applying to EM residency.. good luck and happy holidays!

One question though, if you could do it all over again, would you folks recommend new applicants to medical schools like myself to think about the Caribbean and undergoing the IMG route or just head to DO? Thanks again y'all!
Always this is the order: AMG >DO > American IMG > FMG. If you have a shot at DO, ALWAYS do that before IMG. Being an IMG severely limits what you can do in the future, and as board scores begin to matter less and less (unless they are bad then they matter in a negative way....) there is nothing you can do to erase your "caribbean-ness" when it comes time to apply for residency. As one of my attendings said to me in the past "...[as an IMG] you will work twice as hard to get half as far, get half the respect you deserve, and significantly less than half the number of residency interviews of an AMG". This was so painfully true.

However, if you have literally no other route to becoming a physician outside of the Caribbean and if you are motivated and fully aware of the potential consequences of going down that route, then top 5 Caribbean schools might still be worth it if you plan on matching a primary care specialty. The door is already closing for those IMGs wanting to match competitive specialties.

Hope this helps! Sorry if this post is a bit of a downer :p

Reactions: 4 users
Always this is the order: AMG >DO > American IMG > FMG. If you have a shot at DO, ALWAYS do that before IMG. Being an IMG severely limits what you can do in the future, and as board scores begin to matter less and less (unless they are bad then they matter in a negative way....) there is nothing you can do to erase your "caribbean-ness" when it comes time to apply for residency. As one of my attendings said to me in the past "...[as an IMG] you will work twice as hard to get half as far, get half the respect you deserve, and significantly less than half the number of residency interviews of an AMG". This was so painfully true.

However, if you have literally no other route to becoming a physician outside of the Caribbean and if you are motivated and fully aware of the potential consequences of going down that route, then top 5 Caribbean schools might still be worth it if you plan on matching a primary care specialty. The door is already closing for those IMGs wanting to match competitive specialties.

Looking at it from the USMD perspective, everything that was said in this post is right on the money!!

I really appreciate the reply. Thank you and have a great holiday season!

Hi,
I'm FMG now I'm PGY-3 IM, this is the third time I applied to EM.
Step 1 250's step 2 250's step 3 220's CS passed
2 LOR from PD, 2 SLOE
Applied 80 programs only got 3 interviews so far

Really appreciate you guys make this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,
I'm FMG now I'm PGY-3 IM, this is the third time I applied to EM.
Step 1 250's step 2 250's step 3 220's CS passed
2 LOR from PD, 2 SLOE
Applied 80 programs only got 3 interviews so far

Really appreciate you guys make this thread.
No worries while I have been on my journey I followed these forums and have helped guide me. We are in different boat. Separate but unfortunately not equal.

Dear Santa,

Second wave of invites please. Thanks!
I'm thinking that's not going to happen. One of my AMG buddies applying to EM is going to 16 interviews he only cancelled four. And he told me a lot of AMGs are going to a lot of interviews.

I'm thinking that's not going to happen. One of my AMG buddies applying to EM is going to 16 interviews he only cancelled four. And he told me a lot of AMGs are going to a lot of interviews.

12 interviews seems pretty reasonable. That's what we are told to aim for.

I just got interview guys... Mass Gen pressure is high..... don't lose hope, keep email them !!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Any recent invites? My last one was 12/14, off Baylor waitlist.

I'm trying to figure out when I should stop hoping for more. I have an international elective coming up, have to leave USA on Jan 7. Not sure if I should delay departure in hopes of more invites, or if the fat lady is singing...

I'm trying to figure out when I should stop hoping for more. I have an international elective coming up, have to leave USA on Jan 7. Not sure if I should delay departure in hopes of more invites, or if the fat lady is singing...

Well how many do you have so far?

If you're only sitting on 4 or 5 every last one counts. You may very well get another 1 or 2 as people drop dates in January.

Well how many do you have so far?

If you're only sitting on 4 or 5 every last one counts. You may very well get another 1 or 2 as people drop dates in January.

4EM, 1TY. So much anxiety.

What were your stats? Where did you do your EM rotations?

What were your stats? Where did you do your EM rotations?

I only have 5 interviews. I did all my rotations in Michigan. It really does only take one. I completely understand you have to be realistic but 4 is better than none. This process is terrible but in my humble opinion I think it is appropriate to have hope.

Reactions: 2 users
got another interview invite on Monday...the fat lady isn't singing yet after all :) keep hope alive folks!