2016 Drake University Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANDOP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I notice there was no thread for those applying to pharmacy at Drake University this 2011/2012. Please post anything Drake related, i.e., your interview, acceptance, what you think of the school and the area, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I got into Drake, but there is so little written about it I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone who has any information or is attending this school please post anything on the program, how they like it, what's good about this school, etc. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into Drake, but there is so little written about it I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone who has any information or is attending this school please post anything on the program, how they like it, what's good about this school, etc. Thanks.

I just found out i got in as well. I am waiting to hear from IOWA but i am waiting for the packet to see whats up with them.:eek:

Just wondered are you currently attending Drake and are you in state. I am from Texas and wondering if they accepted more transfers this year than they did previously.

Just wondered are you currently attending Drake and are you in state. I am from Texas and wondering if they accepted more transfers this year than they did previously.
I did not attend Drake, but got my undergraduate degree from California. I thought Drake would be a good school to attend but am worried because there is so little written about this school. What do you think about the school and its program and how does it compare to other schools?

I did not attend Drake, but got my undergraduate degree from California. I thought Drake would be a good school to attend but am worried because there is so little written about this school. What do you think about the school and its program and how does it compare to other schools?

im pretty much in the same boat, i dont believe i will be going there at all because i got into wayne state. BUT, the school seemed good during the interview and offers a lot of dual degree options, like everyone in existence. There is definitely not a lot of literature out there, i hope the package we receive will have a lot of details.

im pretty much in the same boat, i dont believe i will be going there at all because i got into wayne state. BUT, the school seemed good during the interview and offers a lot of dual degree options, like everyone in existence. There is definitely not a lot of literature out there, i hope the package we receive will have a lot of details.
I got into Wayne State too. I liked the school, but didn't care for the Detroit area and they want me to put a $1,000 deposit in a few days. That's pretty steep and limits my options, so I'm going to go with Drake, for now. I really liked the impression I got of Drake from the interview and only started having doubts after finding so little information online.

I'm a current P4 and I attend Drake. I personally am a huge fan of the program and the Residency directors that I have talked to think very highly of the program. Two of the classes are team-based learning (TBL). This basically means you work in groups to retain the information verses just 100% lecture. I thought I would hate it and there was a huge backlash against it because we were the second group to go through the processs. The school stuck with it and those same people that were complaining about it are so happy because they remember a ton of info from the classes that we did have TBL in. Every school has it's ups and downs, but overall quite happy.

PM me if you have any questions.

Did anyone get a $10,000 scholarship from Drake University?

I think that is a great area to live in! Don't be discouraged if you can't find specifics on the interview process, etc. Just apply where you want and you will find a place that suits you. I know you've probably already looked, but you should definitely check out Drake's pharmacy website if you haven't. Also, if you're still considering your options, take a look at my website, pharmacytechnicianonlineschools.org, for more about the different programs available.