[2016-2017] Official Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My medical school doesn't have a stats class integrated into its curriculum, no. We had to take statistics to get into medical school though.
Hunh. Well, go figure! Why teach it, when, instead, we can make you bring it on board with you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
no trolling here. Just being informative.

To be honest, this isn't being informative, it's just fear mongering, which leads to interview hoarding. Which causes bigger problems for the community. Let's be rational, people, and kind to our future colleagues. This is coming from someone who is actively canceling every interview over 12.

Reactions: 3 users
To be honest, this isn't being informative, it's just fear mongering, which leads to interview hoarding. Which causes bigger problems for the community. Let's be rational, people, and kind to our future colleagues. This is coming from someone who is actively canceling every interview over 12.

Cheers. I'm keeping mine at 13.

12 is the magic number and I'm adding 1 to quench neurotic ways.

If I don't match with 13... somethings up and I'll need to sit back and reevaluate.

That said, by all means to each their own. if they want to go on 18, 20, 22 interviews they certainly can... but I agree with you in that it likely pushes things in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I need to switch either SIU or Iowa on December 15th... Any takers? Plzzzzz

Has anyone interviewed at Drexel this cycle? Where exactly is the pre-interview dinner? (My email only gave an address.) Also, are SO's welcome?

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed at one of those places. won't name names. but theyre lower on doximity for a reason.
interviewed at one of those places. won't name names. but theyre lower on doximity for a reason.
flat,400x400,075,f.u1.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
welp with that..looks like the interview offer season has come to a close..

My medical school doesn't have a stats class integrated into its curriculum, no. We had to take statistics to get into medical school though.
you should create a rank list thread or something of the sort. the blogs you started have been really informative

you should create a rank list thread or something of the sort. the blogs you started have been really informative
Yeah, I'll make one in January once people start finishing interviews and finalizing their rank lists.

hey, get an email from University of Washington that I am in a pool of applicants being considered for an interview, but just waiting for a spot to open up. Anyone here interviewing at UW and know if there has been any movement or open spots?

So I just got an interview invite from a place where I auditioned. It appears they sent out all of their invites at once, today. They have regular interview slots on the scheduler, as well as "short" interview slots for those who rotated. Before I even got a chance to look, all the regular slots are taken, and all I have left is the short ones.

I think others who auditioned may be feeling the same way as me, that the short interviews put you at a disadvantage, all else being equal, and now I'm worried/paranoid. Anyone have thoughts on this issue, or experienced it themselves?

So I just got an interview invite from a place where I auditioned. It appears they sent out all of their invites at once, today. They have regular interview slots on the scheduler, as well as "short" interview slots for those who rotated. Before I even got a chance to look, all the regular slots are taken, and all I have left is the short ones.

I think others who auditioned may be feeling the same way as me, that the short interviews put you at a disadvantage, all else being equal, and now I'm worried/paranoid. Anyone have thoughts on this issue, or experienced it themselves?
Which school ? that probably plays a role

You are being paranoid. The reason it is a short day is because they don't have to waste time on things you know from rotating. I had a short day interview at the place that I rotated and they basically told my group (without explicitly telling us) - we want you all to come here, we like you, please rank us.

Reactions: 1 users
hey, get an email from University of Washington that I am in a pool of applicants being considered for an interview, but just waiting for a spot to open up. Anyone here interviewing at UW and know if there has been any movement or open spots?
I was recently able to move my UW date, and dec 14 shows as open (I know this may mean nothing, but I would appreciate the info).

I got that email a month ago! No movement yet that I know of...

Can anyone comment on interview dates and if there's any remaining availability for UC Davis? Haven't heard anything from them I'm couples matching and my SO has an interview so I was wondering if any dates are still free/anyone heard anything. I haven't been able to get in touch with them. Thanks

Can anyone comment on interview dates and if there's any remaining availability for UC Davis? Haven't heard anything from them I'm couples matching and my SO has an interview so I was wondering if any dates are still free/anyone heard anything. I haven't been able to get in touch with them. Thanks

Hey. January 9th is the only day that shows as having an available spot on interview broker.

According to the GW website they sent out emails the week of Nov 1 about application status...did anyone get anything?

Hi everyone! A shot-in-the-dark favor request that may not necessarily help me but would definitely help another future colleague -- according to Interview Broker, there's an open date for Cooper for Dec 6. Probably open because those of us on the waitlist already have something scheduled for that date. So if someone who already has an interview date later in the season is willing and able to swap for this Dec 6 date, it would open up the later spot for those of us on the waitlist. Much thanks and good karma! :clap:

Maybe not helpful, but rejection from UC Davis today.

rejection hammer was strong today

Reactions: 1 users
Rejection at VCU... held off as long as I could.
Also got my second rejection email from Maryland!!! They can stop rubbing it in now :beat:

Withdrew interview from another NY and Florida program tonight.

@speakwhales inspired me to lower cap to 12.

...Now how about you guys withdraw from a couple of those reaches I'm waiting to hear from :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
+UIC, off of silent waitlist. Couple dates available in December/January