[2016-2017] Official Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys. Having A bit of an interview emergency. This might be a long shot, but can anyone who interviewed at UT Southwestern for EM please send me the exact location for where we meet at 715? I just realized (night before) that the email I was sent (I got sent a separate email than other students) mentioned an attachment that wasn't actually attached which is supposed to contain this information. I only know the address of the building but not the actual building or room number we are meeting in. I emailed the PC but I don't know if she'll see it before 715 when I'm supposed to be there. Please help if you can
...why don't you just go in early and ask around?

Members don't see this ad.

The attachment says that someone will meet you in front of the library, which I'm like 80% sure is in building E.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone get a maybe rejection maybe waitlist from Kaiser SD today?

No idea what it is.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

No idea what it is.

I replied and asked to be put on this "last minute wait-list". Because, honestly, what do I have to lose to this point?

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who has interviewed at University of Illinois at Peoria, what time did you finished interviewing? Email said to expect it to last until 3:30 pm, but does it really take that long? It would be nice to catch an earlier flight back home. Thanks!

No idea what it is.

Yeah, it was confusing. The 1st and last parts read like a straight up rejection, but then the middle talks about a waitlist?

I think the second wave is happening? Just got 4 invites

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+christiana invite on 11/14 only 1 date in Feb available

+Presence Resurrection

Only January 12, 19, and 26 available. Was told to email coordinator with one preferred date.

Prayers to the interwebs for someone to drop a WVU slot...got the email this morning, waitlisted myself for all remaining dates (no open slots).

Prayers to the interwebs for someone to drop a WVU slot...got the email this morning, waitlisted myself for all remaining dates (no open slots).
I've put myself on a wait list for dates like five or six times now, gotten the date I wanted every time. You should be good. Hopefully.

Had you received the "waitlist" email prior to whatever email you got this morning? I want one!!

There will most certainly be drops. You can save your prayers in this case.

Anybody know how things are looking at U Mich or Arkansas? I know the information is of little value but I need something to obsess about...

Arkansas full to the brim. Been waiting for a month on that list

@jessk2015

Thanks! Yeah, I was a little suspicious when I got a "waitlist" email from them a week after everyone here with actual invites was having trouble signing up, but was hoping there had been some movement since then. Hope you get your slot soon!

Another round from Baton Rouge today

Has anyone moved off of the NY-Presbyterian wait list?

Has anyone interviewed at Allegheny? How late did the interview day go till?
Also, anyone moving up on the wait list at UF Jacksonville?

Has anyone interviewed at Allegheny? How late did the interview day go till?
Also, anyone moving up on the wait list at UF Jacksonville?

I was done with Allegheny at 4:00 but some people were there until almost 5:30.

Henry Ford sent out their "we like your app but our interviews are full: here are our waitlist dates" message.

omg... why so long? what is the schedule like? how many interviews?

Tour and overview in the morning, no interviews until after lunch. Three interviews overall but had to include the PD and Asst. PD so there was a bit of a bottleneck. Might have just been my interview day that was like that though?

Any movement on any waitlist ? Nahhh rough interview season.
Yup, everyone is holding on to whatever they have. I canceled one a couple days ago, and I have only received scattered rejections here and there over past 3 weeks. I talked some sense into a fellow EM applicant who cancelled a couple as well. Unfortunately, I have run at least through two people in my interviews who are literally at their 10th interview with 10 more to go, many at places they have no intention to move to (they say that themselves!). Funny thing is these are students from a school whose PD is very vocal in AliEM about applying to fewer schools and only interviewing at 12 places.