2014 Match Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing here yet ...

Members don't see this ad.

Can't believe there's no news yet?!

Reactions: 1 user
Still nothing! People found out so early last year I thought it would be the same this year....

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely found out by this time last year. Well, they have to let us know before noon, but geez.

Guess I'll be scrambling... Here are my Stats:

Applied 4
Interview 4
Ranked 1

No Match

Congrats goldfish!!!!

Where on your list did you guys get? Congrats to you all! :D

Congrats! This makes me almost wish I decided to do PGY-2. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well it took a second year of trying, but I matched!!!!! At my #1 too!

Reactions: 7 users
I ranked two and did not match :(

Upset but I will be ok! Congrats to everyone who matched you will do great!

Not sure if I'm going to scramble yet

I'm in same boat! Three interviews and ranked two with no match. I'll have to be really compelled by a program to do the scramble!

I ranked two and did not match :(

Upset but I will be ok! Congrats to everyone who matched you will do great!

Not sure if I'm going to scramble yet

Matched at #1.

Matched! Thank goodness its over, I've been avoiding looking at posts for the last two weeks

Reactions: 1 users
-GPA: 3.2
-Type of PharmD program (3 or 4 year): 4 year
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): Cali
-Activities: Research before pharmacy school with one peer-reviewed publication, some minor research during pharmacy school, placed in national pharmacy competition
-Leadership positions: a couple positions at school, one national position
-Community service: planned a health fair, attended 60-80 hours of other health fairs, +misc stuff
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: Two intern jobs (#1: inpatient with some hospital outpatient; #2: 1 year managed-care/med safety hybrid internship)
-Work experience outside of pharmacy: a couple years as a TA
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 12, mix of acute care and general residencies
-Number of interview invites: 11
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): Acute care hybrid teaching-private hospital, Cali, #2 pick (no mandatory amcare requirement! :clap:)

Last edited:
-GPA: 3.8
-Type of PharmD program (3 or 4 year): 4 years
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): Low cost of living areas in the East coast
-Activities: Not much
-Leadership positions: VP of ACCP, Some committees
-Community service: not pharmacy related
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: 2 years experience as a hospital intern, and 1 1/2 years as a pharmacist
-Work experience outside of pharmacy: N/A
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 8, most 2 years programs that offer early commitment
-Number of interview invites: 5
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): large academic medical center that I ranked as #2 but really #1 and #2 was a coin flip

I matched to my number 2. The crazy part is i regretted it after ranking closed but it all worked out. So stoked!!!

-GPA: ~3.4
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): Southwest
-Activities: Research with publications, dual degree, rural health
-Leadership positions: Sat on school committees, couple of leadership things here and there but nothing major
-Community service: Minimal
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: 1.5 years in retail, 1 at PBM, 6 inpatient hospital
-Work experience outside of pharmacy:
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 19 mostly academic teaching institutions/medical centers affiliated with a COP
-Number of interview invites: 8 but interviewed at 7
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): Large academic medical center in the Midwest.

Reactions: 3 users
It's fate.
This.
I got my #3 place, but I really wanted to put it #1 but didn't because I ranked to be a little closer to my family. Guess I was meant to go here anyways. :D

-GPA: 3.5
-Type of PharmD program (3 or 4 year): 3
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): California
-Activities: Some research but no publication
-Leadership positions: APhA-ASP chapter president, student body president, committee in fraternity and PLS
-Community service: Multiple health fairs, non-pharmacy, organized fundraising drive for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, fundraising drive for local food bank
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: 2.5 yrs Retail, 1.5 yrs Hospital
-Work experience outside of pharmacy: N/A
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 6 mostly academic teaching institutions with some affiliated with COPs
-Number of interview invites: 4 but interviewed at 3 programs
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): Large academic med center in Georgia affiliated with a COP

Last edited:
And an FYI, i matched to the one place i didn't send a thank you note to. Lol because of all my travel, change in rotation start dates, blah blah.

Reactions: 2 users
Sweet! I suicide matched and got it because really that was the only option. I graduated in 2009 and so, after a few years working as a hospital pharmacist, I'm going back for more training.

I'm now eagerly waiting to get an email from my program director to see who we matched (if she didn't forget to include me in the email). :p

I matched! It was a little scary, 11 applications, 2 interviews, matched at #2, close call but so thankful! Thanks to everyone on SDN for advice and words of wisdom. I don't post much but trust me, I was on SDN everyday for the past 4 months! You frequent posters help people more than you know! :)

Congrats everyone! Im so excited for next year's class. My program only went down to #10 for our 6 spots.

-GPA: 3.94
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): Anywhere
-Activities: Sat on school committees, various other projects
-Leadership positions: APhA-ASP chapter president, Rho Chi secretary, miscellaneous others
-Community service: Health fairs and various other things
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: One summer of volunteering
-Work experience outside of pharmacy: Worked research 15 to 20 hours a week since P1
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 6 PGY2 (4 VA, 2 large academic centers)
-Number of interview invites: 3 invites
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): Got my #2 at a larger VA

-GPA: 3.9
-Type of PharmD program (3 or 4 year): 4
-Geographic location (region or city if desired): East Coast
-Activities: Multiple research, peer-reviewed publications, leadership, national organizations, Rho Chi, PLS, posters, etc etc etc
-Leadership positions: fraternity president, PLS officer, other minor leadership roles
-Community service: mainly via fraternity and orgs
-Work experience in the field of pharmacy: 1.5 years hospital
-Work experience outside of pharmacy: a few years
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 8, mainly VAs
-Number of interview invites: 6
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): large VA (my top choice)

Congrats! I'm just itching to email our match to welcome them to the program. Ah, so exciting and SO GLAD I'm on the other side of things now :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm glad I don't have to go through this again, lol.

Does anyone have advice for the scramble? I didnt match :( Applied to 17 places, 3 interviews. I was thinking of contacting program directors directly with my LOI and CV?

I matched. So excited!! Thanks for all of your advice.

Congrats Inverness!!! You did it!!!

Congrats appal!!! I felt like we were in the same boat so I'm glad it went well for you!!!

Brand new program in SoCal.

We interviewed 5, ranked 4.
Matched #1 and #4.

Congrats to those who matched!

And good luck to those scrambling!

Brand new program in SoCal.

We interviewed 5, ranked 4.
Matched #1 and #4.

Congrats to those who matched!

And good luck to those scrambling!

Yay! I don't know who we got yet, but we're not on the scramble list so good news! :D

-PGY-1: Medium-sized community hospital in the east coast
-Number and type of residencies applied to: 7
-Number of interview invites: 7 (declined 1 of them)
-Where you actually matched (type of residency, geographic location, etc): #2 choice, large academic medical center in the west coast

Can't believe I'm doing a pgy-2 lol. But extremely excited!!!

Found out who we got. I think we ended up with our #2 and #4 applicant, which is pretty good.

Hi everyone! I wanted to say congrats and good luck to those who decide to scramble- there's actually some pretty good sites up :D I know I've never posted before but I've been reading these posts for a while and was so excited when I found out I matched today!! Anyway, does anyone know if we're supposed to email the residency director once we get the results or do we wait for them to reach out to us?