2013-2014 REJECTION THREAD, Emergency Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's hard to know if you like a program without going there, at least that's my impression so far. So people are going to accept a good deal of invites. Once you've interviewed somewhere, leaving them off the rank list basically means you'd rather not match than go there, and that's usually not the case.

Also, we be scared.

A lot of the guys from my school ended up matching 5-12. Not everyone gets 1-3.

Members don't see this ad.

Question for people getting rejections from Carolinas and the like: are these rejections coming in a similar manner to invites? I mean, are you getting ERAS messages telling you "thanks, but no thanks?"

I'm not really the strongest candidate in a number of ways but haven't heard anything either way from some of these programs, so curious.

ERAS message for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
today's rejection:invite(0) is ridiculous

First two rejections for me, both yesterday:

Maine
Carolinas

I'm 2 for rejections this week, 1 waitlist spot, and no invites. Not starting well this week.

First two rejections for me, both yesterday:

Maine
Carolinas

I'm 2 for rejections this week, 1 waitlist spot, and no invites. Not starting well this week.
How do you know if you've been wait listed? Are they actually telling you that via email?

It seemed everyone is getting the same rejections in the same span of days. I also got rejected from these today:

Nebraska
Carolinas

How do you know if you've been wait listed? Are they actually telling you that via email?

It seemed everyone is getting the same rejections in the same span of days. I also got rejected from these today:

Nebraska
Carolinas

I got an email from a school saying hey we'd like to offer you an interview but all our dates are full so let us know which days you wanna be on the waitlist. Fingers crossed for some shuffling of interviews

Really surprised by this week so far... got 2 rejections (that everyone seems to have gotten as well) and 1 new invite in one day but outside of that... nothing. Seems REALLY slow compared to what I expected the week after ACEP would be. Guess that goes to show what happens when you think you have it figured out, lol! Hopefully things pick up soon...

Random question maybe someone could answer. If most people match their top 1 or 2, why is the mean number of programs ranked for successful matched applicants like 11? What am I missing here?

Page 39. Yes, about 50% will get their #1, 75% in their top 3. SDN, however, is not full of people who are convinced that they are safely out of that bottom 25%. XD

Orlando Health: 1000+ applications, still going through them, please be patient.

UMPC Hamlot, PA: Rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Orlando Health: 1000+ applications, still going through them, please be patient.

UMPC Hamlot, PA: Rejection

Hate to break it but there are no more dates available for Orlando health

Page 39. Yes, about 50% will get their #1, 75% in their top 3. SDN, however, is not full of people who are convinced that they are safely out of that bottom 25%. XD
I know these are for all fields right? Any EM specific numbers of where people match on rank list?

Anybody know anything about Medical College of Wisconsin? Per their website they started interviewing last week and I am wondering if anybody knows if they are still offering spots.

Anybody know anything about Medical College of Wisconsin? Per their website they started interviewing last week and I am wondering if anybody knows if they are still offering spots.
Looking at Interview Broker there does not appear to be any open dates left, but I do not know about a wait list or anything of that nature.

Really surprised by this week so far... got 2 rejections (that everyone seems to have gotten as well) and 1 new invite in one day but outside of that... nothing. Seems REALLY slow compared to what I expected the week after ACEP would be. Guess that goes to show what happens when you think you have it figured out, lol! Hopefully things pick up soon...

Yeah, one rejection this week and then silence. Kinda weirding me out.

Does EM usually send silent rejections or do they get back to everyone?

Yeah, one rejection this week and then silence. Kinda weirding me out.

The silence is deafening... it's like you could hear a pin drop. Only one or two updates to the invite thread all week... this is just odd and definitely not what I expected after ACEP

The silence is deafening... it's like you could hear a pin drop. Only one or two updates to the invite thread all week... this is just odd and definitely not what I expected after ACEP

I'm waiting until later to update with a couple invites from this morning. One school offered Dec-Jan interviews on every T/Th. The other offered Nov-Jan,only a few dates per month but 2 sessions per date. I'm not sure if this is second-round or not.

Rejected by BID one day after withdrawing my application. I'll call it a draw ;)

University of Washington, I'm 0 for 3 lifetime applying there, thought I might get lucky with number 3.

Maryland, not even mad. B'more ain't for me.

Same here. I actually really liked the idea of that program.
Sounds like we're all getting the same ones at the same time, lol. Same for me yet again. Pretty much the only rejections from this thread that I did not get are from places that I didn't even apply to in the first place. Beat em to the punch, lol!

Botsford on the DO side...

C'MON MAN!

haha

n00b-12280.jpg

I guess I'll throw mine into the mix as well:

Carolinas
Pittsburgh
BID
Maryland
Iowa

UCLA Olive View. Kind of an unpleasant rejection email. Basically says something to the effect of, "you did not meet our rigorous standards."

UCLA Olive View. Kind of an unpleasant rejection email. Basically says something to the effect of, "you did not meet our rigorous standards."
Haha, yeah, definitely the most poorly worded one so far, lol! I've kinda lost track over the last couple of days... been lots of "noreply@eraspod" emails and my interview count has not increased at all. Hoping something breaks.