2012 California Residency Interview Invites???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyn07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received interview invites from any California pediatric residency programs?? I'm starting to get worried...

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received interview invites from any California pediatric residency programs?? I'm starting to get worried...

Nothing here. Then again, I don't go to a CA school.

I wouldn't worry yet as many programs don't send invites out until later in the month or Oct. If you look at the Interview invite thread no one has posted they have received an invite from any program in CA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm getting very ocd with the whole app process, as I'm checking my email every couple of minutes... like those lab mice that keep pressing on the lever to get food but nothing comes out.:scared:

.... I'm checking my email every couple of minutes... like those lab mice that keep pressing on the lever to get food but nothing comes out.:scared:

This. So this. Unfortunately, the nibble I got just was not enough. I am still so very, very hungry.

Last edited:

Many California programs tend to work on a later schedule with applications and interviews. For example (and please correct me if you've heard anything to the contrary), I've heard that UCLA doesn't offer until the MSPE is in, and that isn't for a long time.

Many California programs tend to work on a later schedule with applications and interviews. For example (and please correct me if you've heard anything to the contrary), I've heard that UCLA doesn't offer until the MSPE is in, and that isn't for a long time.

Great thanks for the tip! :)

Hey guys. My friend (applying Psych) has been watching my anxiety posts on Facebook recently and linked me something one of the PDs posted on the Psych invite thread. I really liked what it said and it brought me (some) comfort. I have quoted it below and provided the link to the actual post. Good luck and more interviews to all ^_^

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11567411&postcount=131

Here's the view from the program director's side...

I received over 300 applications on 9/1, and have over 500 applications today. Between seeing patients, starting up our academic year and addressing various crises, I have started to review the applications and identify potential interviewees in the past week. The first batch of invitations will soon be forthcoming from my efficient program coordinator. However, I still have probably 250-300 applications to review (and I anticipate another 250 new applications will come in in the next month).

Please don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Now I have to get back to work...

Hey guys. My friend (applying Psych) has been watching my anxiety posts on Facebook recently and linked me something one of the PDs posted on the Psych invite thread. I really liked what it said and it brought me (some) comfort. I have quoted it below and provided the link to the actual post. Good luck and more interviews to all ^_^

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11567411&postcount=131

thanks for sharing this BCLumas! :) and I esp love the, "Now I have to get back to work..." :cool: hehehe. typical.

Hey all, just got USC.

Good luck to everyone!

I got USC yesterday too, haven't heard from anyone else though

Swim- You are right, I reviewed last year's interview thread and it seems that most Cali peds programs (besides USC and Oakland) hand out interviews in mid/late October. :)

Swim- You are right, I reviewed last year's interview thread and it seems that most Cali peds programs (besides USC and Oakland) hand out interviews in mid/late October. :)
Sigh! And with the MSPE coming out on November 1 (at least at my school; is that the same everywhere?) we can probably expect interview offers in November as well. I hate this waiting - reminds me unpleasantly of med school apps!

Sigh! And with the MSPE coming out on November 1 (at least at my school; is that the same everywhere?) we can probably expect interview offers in November as well. I hate this waiting - reminds me unpleasantly of med school apps!

Yup I think it's Nov. 1st everywhere. At least you got an interview at USC! ughh not feeln so lucky rt now :cool: hehe

Yup I think it's Nov. 1st everywhere. At least you got an interview at USC! ughh not feeln so lucky rt now :cool: hehe

Guess my luck came back!!! I got an interview at UCI/CHOC today!!!! :laugh:

Thanks Silver!! I'm so curious to where you will match into since you have interviews to the top programs :thumbup: Keep me posted :)
You have great interviews all over the country! Maybe we'll run into each other sometime. Good luck!

I know this is a long shot, but I'm trying to move my Stanford interview from Monday Dec 19 to a date later that week. I'm traveling far and trying to make the CA interviews work within my budget (not easy!) The dates are all full, but I thought maybe someone from this community might even prefer the Monday date, or might be kind enough to consider changing anyway...

Any chance someone out there has a late December interview and would be willing to switch??? Thank you in advance for your consideration!