2012 AF HPSP Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattparr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to make a thread for anyone to post if they have heard anything about the Air Force HPSP decisions for this cycle. If you're like me I've been on pins and needles the last few weeks and just want to hear some news.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm in the same boat, or should I say in the same airplane as you. Crossing my fingers for something good to happen, but basically leaving everything in God's hands..since we cannot do much at this point, what we have to offer: GPA,DAT Score, DS acceptance, interviews, physical, etc are submitted and unchangable. Good luck to you and all !

Whoa, my stomach dropped when I saw this thread! I thought they might have started handing out scholarships already!

I wonder how many applicants there are this year for the 4 yr? From what I've picked up on this forum, there are only 9 that will be given out, and at least one and possibly 2 are already going to cadets at USAFA. I don't like the sound of those numbers... Oh well, nothing left to do but keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah when my recruiter told me the numbers I was thinking the same thing. But he also told me that only 20-30 people apply every year, but I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. I feel like there would be more.

My recruiter told me the same thing about only around 30 peolple applying for the 4yr. I would think there would be more applying too but I hope they're right.

And sorry for the scare, vigilante. I've been checking all the AF threads to see if anyone has posted anything about getting calls so I thought I'd just make an specific thread for it so no one had to search.

The selection board hasn't met yet. It meets this week. The results will be forwarded to Recruiting service and they will then send out notifications.

Have these been released yet? Anyone know?

Supposedly, board results were released last Friday.

Hmm not a good sign. Guess I will try to contact my recruiter and see what's up. Thanks for the info.

One more question - has anyone actually been contacted about being selected or not? It is next to impossible to get a hold of my recruiter, so I'm not sure what's going on

I'm still waiting for the answer. Good luck to all of you !

Just spoke to my recruiter today. He said that although they like to give out specific dates for when you'd hear back, it's more of a rough estimate. He thinks they should release the results any day now. Good luck everyone!

Just spoke to my recruiter today. He said that although they like to give out specific dates for when you'd hear back, it's more of a rough estimate. He thinks they should release the results any day now. Good luck everyone!

Me too! Everyday I've been texting my recruiter. I thought he was just stalling to find a polite way to tell me I wasn't selected hahaha but now that I know I am not the only that hasn't heard anything yet, I feel better. Good Luck to everyone. Hopefully, some day this week, we'll all be receiving good news!

UPenn Dental c/o 2016:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to my recuriter on Wednesday and he said they would hopefully release some information by the end of this week or early next week. Since it's obviously not going to be this week I'm hoping we'll hear early next week.

Just found out that the selection board has completed the decision process and are currently waiting for someone higher up to approve the selections. This should happen within the next day or two and our recruiters should know this week or, at the latest, early next week!

Sounds familiar, eh? My recruiter heard this directly from the selection board so it should be accurate.

Good luck!!

bdentduy, that's not news.

My recruiter said exactly the same thing 1 week ago.

The recruiters are waiting with held breath, just like us.

So there is still no news :( hopefully we will hear something soon. I have to start financially planning for next year. Good luck everyone!

is this just for dental hpsp accessions or do they make the dental and medical selections at the same time?

I'm pretty sure they are all made at the same time.

thanks...I think you are correct also because I applied for a USAF HPSP 4year for medical school and I am playing the same waiting game all the dental folks are playing too! Hopefully, we hear something by the end of the week! I am sick of having my life on hold. I was in limbo until I got accepted to medical school and now I am in limbo until I get my HPSP acceptance. I have already started my army app for HPSP in the case that the Air Force doesn't take me (although I find it hard to believe they wont take me because I have above average HPSP stats, prior Marine and current USAF reserve). They just need to get us the results so we can make plans. I have been harassing my recruiter with text messages, emails, and phone calls and I feel bad about that because I know he is not the delay! If anyone hears back make the post and I will do likewise!

Cheers and good luck!

Last edited:
My recruiter told me that medical will most likely find out a week or so after dental...

I really want the air force but my grandmother and friends suggested that I apply to navy as well. Do you think it is too late to do so? did you have to redo the whole application process? the physical, etc.?

My recruiter told me that medical will most likely find out a week or so after dental...

I seems that they are probably releasing them all together. My recruiter said I should expect something last week or this week.

I really want the air force but my grandmother and friends suggested that I apply to navy as well. Do you think it is too late to do so? did you have to redo the whole application process? the physical, etc.?

I do not know if it is too late to apply that is a question you will have to ask the recruiters. As far as the application you will have to do a complete new application BUT the physical should be good for all services.

How competitive are these scholarships? Do they go filled every year? Do GPA or DAT prohibit some from getting the scholarship even if they're accepted?

Thanks

How competitive are these scholarships? Do they go filled every year? Do GPA or DAT prohibit some from getting the scholarship even if they're accepted?

Thanks

not sure how competitive the dental scholarships are but I know the medical ones get filled and yes they look at gpa and dat.

Anyone who gets accepted, could you let us know your stats so we can gauge how competitive it is?

Anyone who gets accepted, could you let us know your stats so we can gauge how competitive it is?

I just got the call. I was accepted for the USAF HPSP for medical school. MCAT 28O 3.5 gpa.

Congrats, that's awesome! Now I'm super nervous....still waiting!

Congrats, that's awesome! Now I'm super nervous....still waiting!

I am west coast.. I dont think it was published until about 5pm out here so if you live east coast(or most other time zones) it was probably published after all the recruiters went home. SO you will hopefully hear something tomorrow!

Ah, okay that makes me feel slightly better. Keeping my fingers crossed! Congrats again!

I just found out I got accepted to USAF HPSP for medical school too. My recruiter texted me around 8pm here in Texas. GPA 3.5, 2005 MCAT 34O, 2011 MCAT 28M.

Just got the call this morning! Accepted for Air Force HPSP! MCAT 28Q, GPA 3.7

Just got the call yesterday around 4pm Arizona time. I got selected for the 4 year dental HPSP! 25AA / 27TS / 23PAT / 4.0 gpa from state university. I was fully prepared to re-apply next year because I didn't think I was going to get it after this long of a wait, but somehow it ended up working out. Good luck everyone!

Colorado c/o 2016

Got the call this morning around 9:30am Eastern Time... I got the 4 year dental scholarship! The results are definitely out now so call your recruiters if you haven't already.

DAT: 24.....Air Force-adjusted GPA: 4.0
University of Colorado class of 2016

Got the call this morning around 9:30am Eastern Time... I got the 4 year dental scholarship! The results are definitely out now so call your recruiters if you haven't already.

DAT: 24.....Air Force-adjusted GPA: 4.0
University of Colorado class of 2016

Congrats! Just curious, what do you mean by air force adjusted gpa?

I got a call from my recruiter around 1 saying i was awarded one of the 4 year HPSP dental scholarships.
DAT AA-23, TS-26, PAT-22
GPA 3.72

UTHSCSA class of 2016

I've been placed on the alternate list and honestly feel little sad about that. I'm not sure if this is something or nothing at all, but my recruiter tried to cheered me up by saying that I might be able to get the 3 year scholarship for nexct year if 100% of awared scholarship students accept the scholarship....Congratulations to everybody who actually received the schoarship, and I really mean this, you guys deserve this!

Has anyone heard either way on the 3year Air Force dental HPSP? Are they awarded at the same time as the four year?

I've been placed on the alternate list and honestly feel little sad about that. I'm not sure if this is something or nothing at all, but my recruiter tried to cheered me up by saying that I might be able to get the 3 year scholarship for nexct year if 100% of awared scholarship students accept the scholarship....Congratulations to everybody who actually received the schoarship, and I really mean this, you guys deserve this!

I was placed on the alternate list as well and I'm not gonna lie, it's hurting haha I've wanted this since before high school lol but does anyone know how feasible it is for alternates to be chosen. My recruiter told me to re-apply next year as well but this scholarship meant so much for me this year (attending my top choice dream school - but it's way too expensive to consider it now. And finally being able to associate myself with the air force and begin living out my dreams). I know the final deposits are due April 1st everywhere, is there any history of people dropping the scholarship before then? I'm a little torn up about it obviously lol however, I also would like to congratulate those who were selected. It's an honor and a huge accomplishment (count your blessings)

I was placed on the alternate list as well and I'm not gonna lie, it's hurting haha I've wanted this since before high school lol but does anyone know how feasible it is for alternates to be chosen. My recruiter told me to re-apply next year as well but this scholarship meant so much for me this year (attending my top choice dream school - but it's way too expensive to consider it now. And finally being able to associate myself with the air force and begin living out my dreams). I know the final deposits are due April 1st everywhere, is there any history of people dropping the scholarship before then? I'm a little torn up about it obviously lol however, I also would like to congratulate those who were selected. It's an honor and a huge accomplishment (count your blessings)
My recruiter told me that there's no need to re-apply -per se- but we(alternate listers) just submit the same app and there's a big chance to get the 3 years scholarship, so keep the faith up and you're right about this amazing accomplishment by the awared people!

I was accepted for the 4 year dental HPSP. Got the call around 10:45 a.m. EST.

DAT: AA-22,PAT- 21, TS- 21, GPA- 3.72

My husband just got the good news as well! We were totally shocked, seeing as his stats are nothing compared to the other recipients...21 DAT, 3.4 gpa. He has been an officer for the past 6 years and graduated from USAFA, so we're happy to learn the air force continues to support their own! Congrats to all!!

Congrats to those that received the 4 year scholarship! I am also an alternate for the 4 year dental scholarship, however my recruiter told me that there is a decent chance that the alternates for the 4 year scholarship will be awarded 3 year scholarships if we want. I am not sure how much truth there is to that, but hopefully it works out.

Just for the record I had a 20 AA and a 3.75 GPA. Little bit lower than the 4 year recipients.

Congrats to those that received the 4 year scholarship! I am also an alternate for the 4 year dental scholarship, however my recruiter told me that there is a decent chance that the alternates for the 4 year scholarship will be awarded 3 year scholarships if we want. I am not sure how much truth there is to that, but hopefully it works out.

Just for the record I had a 20 AA and a 3.75 GPA. Little bit lower than the 4 year recipients.
Exactly that's what my recruiter told me..so let's cross our fingers!!!

Congrats! Just curious, what do you mean by air force adjusted gpa?

At Michigan State we use the numerical system of grading (3.0, 3.5, 4.0, etc.), so my two 3.5's were converted to A's since there is no such thing as A- on the USAF application. My actual GPA is 3.98 but the USAF selection board saw 4.0 on my application.

Placed on the wait list for the 3-year scholarship at position # 10 :( Recruiter said there is a slight chance I'd still get selected, but if not I'd be in the running for a 2-year.

DAT: 22AA 21TS 24PAT GPA: 3.95 (No BS though)
UOP CO 2015