2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear from Seton Hall?? Counseling?

Members don't see this ad.

hi redrubie - that did not happen to me. i haven't heard anything from them at all!

someday, im going to bet that I was in the rejection pile that accidentally got mixed in with another program's accepted pile :bang:. 2 schools left to hear from.. its been so quite on my end... there's always next year...:uhno:

yay to emoticons!

Members don't see this ad :)
i wouldn't think too much into their mistake. and remember, it only takes one school!!!!!!

Has anyone heard from the University of South Alabama? My husband got an email from his POI saying they would contact people today or tomorrow. Which means we'll both be sitting around checking our email on our phones constantly like 13-year old girls.

Has anyone heard anything from the Pace School-Clinical Child PsyD Program? Still waiting to hear and the admissions office gives away no information on interviews or decisions.

Still havent heard from them either. I saw on the forum that they made calls on Friday, but haven't heard about anyone getting calls over the weekend or today, as it is a holiday. Have you heard anything further about interview invitations? Best of luck and please keep me posted if you hear anything! The admissions office is no help at all!

i keep forgetting that today is a holiday, since i am @ work!!:p

Anyone hear from Seton Hall?? Counseling?

Not yet. I tried calling last week, and after being transferred about 5 times, I got the voicemail of the graduate assistant for the counseling program. As far as I know, they have not sent out invites for interviews, but I haven't heard anything further :(

Best of luck!!!

Not yet. I tried calling last week, and after being transferred about 5 times, I got the voicemail of the graduate assistant for the counseling program. As far as I know, they have not sent out invites for interviews, but I haven't heard anything further :(

Best of luck!!!

I just spoke to a friend who had applied to Seton Hall last year. She recieved an invite in March... so it seems we still have some time! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Colorado State University? I saw some rejections on GradCafe but I haven't heard of any acceptances. I didn't get an email informing me one way or the other so I'm not sure what that means

I'm in your same boat... post interview with no acceptance or rejection. Maybe they haven't sent them yet?

Has anyone heard from Washington State University? I still haven't received a response regarding their counseling psychology phd program.

I can't find the original post asking about the University of North Dakota Clinical PhD so I'm not sure how late this is in response, but all invitations for interviews have been sent out.

School Name: Marshall
Degree: PsyD
Type: Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: February 13
How were you notified: phone call
Who notified you: DCT
Interview Date: March 6 and March 13
Additional Info: social event the night before with students

I've received rejections from John Jay and Drexel. Both via email. I may be contacted by Drexel for their MA program.

I have heard nothing from: Temple, DePaul, U Rochester, Penn State, Fairleigh Dickinson, and Catholic. I can only assume that I will now either be rejected or wait listed.

On an unrelated note: what I have found helpful during this experience is to begin making plans for my next moves. This has included serious self-examination, revisiting the GRE, and reading more literature on applying to clinical programs. In doing so, it has helped to soften the blow of the rejections from my #1 and #3 choices.

I'm in your same boat... post interview with no acceptance or rejection. Maybe they haven't sent them yet?
Saw this on GradCafe this morning: "Saw some decisions were made and posted in this forum and hadn't heard anything. I called in and was told they are still working on it and it would be in the next week or two before everyone would be notified. Just an FYI."

School Name: University of Denver
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/19/13
How were you notified: Phone call then email
Who notified you: Admissions Director
Interview Date: 2/23/13
Additional Info: Individual as well as group interview, other optional events

School Name: St. John's
Degree: PhD
How were you notified: email
Who notified you: staff member (non-faculty)
Interview Date: 3/5 or 3/11

School Name: St. John's
Type: Clinical (I applied to Child track, not sure if that's considered)
Interview Date: 3/5 or 3/11

School Name: Drexel University
Degree: M.S.
Type: General Psych
Interview Date: 3/11
Notes: I was rejected from the Ph.D. program in clinical psychology and received an invite to interview for the M.S.

As far as schools people have been asking about- I think Temple is done sending out invites, they have a message on their website indicating that everyone has been selected. I'm super low on the waitlist and it's my top school- hoping that every applicant ends up declining their offer! Also, I am sort of sure Fairleigh Dickinson is through interviewing, as their interview date was early February. Best of luck to everyone! I'm excited to have all these options, but wish the funding was more secure at the schools I am being interview by (excluding Temple).

Columbia TC is being frustrating--I've called twice and I have a friend who has called twice to check on the status of invitations to interview, and every single time we've gotten different information. I've heard everything from "I'm not sure the Clinical program is actually having interviews, but if they are, we'll invite you either this week or next" to "all invitations have been sent out already" to "we've sent out some invitations, but will send others this week." This school is really high on my list, so this is really stressful and I have no idea what to believe...anyway, I just wanted to throw all this out there, because I know there are at least a couple of others waiting on TC's Clinical PhD.

If anyone has heard anything else, let me know--I'd love to hear it...

Would either of the 2 people who posted on gradcafe who were told their Harvard POI is not taking anyone this year mind PMing me the PI name? Also curious about if anyone knows the reason for them not taking anyone.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. I know that some people have posted on gradcafe that they've received interview offers. I also emailed their "admissions contact person" for the clinical program and she responded with the following:

"Interviews are coordinate solely by the program and not our office; therefore, I am not involved in the interview process. Doctoral applications that met our December 15 deadline will receive a decision by mid-March."

Good luck!

Would either of the 2 people who posted on gradcafe who were told their Harvard POI is not taking anyone this year mind PMing me the PI name? Also curious about if anyone knows the reason for them not taking anyone.

Thanks!
Me too please!

Anyone waiting to hear from Pace University's School-Clinical Child PsyD program, I spoke to someone in the graduate admissions department today. They are still sending out interview invites and they have a few interview dates. She said the interviews are an "on going" process.

Best of luck to anyone who is waiting to hear from them!

Someone on GradCafe posted that UIC's interview weekend is this weekend so they must have contacted people a while back.

Emailed the head coordinator of the Clinical track at Temple, Dr. Rob Fauber, they will be sending their rejection letters soon. :(

As for FDU, the last group of interviews were held last week, I am not sure what their plan is for waitlisted applicants though.

Best of luck to everyone!

Emailed the head coordinator of the Clinical track at Temple, Dr. Rob Fauber, they will be sending their rejection letters soon. :(

As for FDU, the last group of interviews were held last week, I am not sure what their plan is for waitlisted applicants though.

Best of luck to everyone!

Re: Temple, are the rejection letters for those who interviewed and did not interview? Thanks!

Saw on GradCafe that someone received an offer/acceptance from Binghamton. If anyone has, could you PM me your POI?

Thanks!:love:

I received a call and email from South Alabama. The interview day is March 22nd from 8:30 to 3pm.

So, I have a question. The person they said I would be interviewing with isn't my POI. When I asked about this they said that they were who I expressed interest in on my application. But I think that this person is who my husband expressed interest in.. I don't know what to do and I don't want to appear rude! Some of the faculty members at my university said just to roll with it, but unless this person is wanting to drastically change their research interests I have no idea how we can work together for 5 years. :(

I received a call and email from South Alabama. The interview day is March 22nd from 8:30 to 3pm.

So, I have a question. The person they said I would be interviewing with isn't my POI. When I asked about this they said that they were who I expressed interest in on my application. But I think that this person is who my husband expressed interest in.. I don't know what to do and I don't want to appear rude! Some of the faculty members at my university said just to roll with it, but unless this person is wanting to drastically change their research interests I have no idea how we can work together for 5 years. :(

I would definitely tell them. You don't want to get to the interview and have an awkward moment where the professor realizes he/she made an error and your research interests don't match at all. I don't think it will be considered rude as long as you do it tactfully--they would probably appreciate your honesty. That's just my $0.02.

School Name: Nova Southeastern University
Track: Health
Date Interview Invite Received: 02/20/13
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: Appeared to be a mass email from the admissions office
Interview Date: March 11th

School Name: La Salle Uni
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/20/13
Who notified you: Administrative assistant
Interview Date: 3/15/13
Additional Info: Mass e-mail. Date selected for me.

Columbia TC is being frustrating--I've called twice and I have a friend who has called twice to check on the status of invitations to interview, and every single time we've gotten different information. I've heard everything from "I'm not sure the Clinical program is actually having interviews, but if they are, we'll invite you either this week or next" to "all invitations have been sent out already" to "we've sent out some invitations, but will send others this week." This school is really high on my list, so this is really stressful and I have no idea what to believe...anyway, I just wanted to throw all this out there, because I know there are at least a couple of others waiting on TC's Clinical PhD.

If anyone has heard anything else, let me know--I'd love to hear it...

That is so frustrating. I'm afraid to call! I know a doctorate student at TC and he doesn't know what's up.

That is so frustrating. I'm afraid to call! I know a doctorate student at TC and he doesn't know what's up.

I haven't talked to anyone at TC myself but given that there are a couple posts on the gradcafe about interview invites I think it's safe to say that they definitely are holding interviews... I'm also waiting to hear from them but have assumed it's a lost cause at this point :(. However, I guess there is a slim chance that they haven't sent out all invitations! Best of luck.

School Name: Pace University
Type: School-Clinical
Date Interview Invite Received: 2/20/13
Who notified you: Administrative assistant
Interview Date: 3/26 and 3/27

Have any other UC Santa Barbara applicants, particularly counseling or clinical applicants, heard anything back since the interview? It'll be six weeks since the interview this Friday, and I still haven't been notified of an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection, nor have I seen any updates from other students online. I know they said it could take about a month to hear back, but its been quite a while now...

School Name: Fairleigh Dickinson University
Who notified you: Professor
Additional Info: Really excited! First acceptance. Wishing everyone the best of luck for their schools too!

(finally get to use this thing...:soexcited: )

To those of you who were invited to interview at St. John's,

What did the mass e-mail say? I received an e-mail from them on 2/19, but it's referring to their open house on March 19th from 7-9pm. I'm just curious what the interview invite looks like.

Thanks! :)

School Name: Fairleigh Dickinson University
Who notified you: Professor
Additional Info: Really excited! First acceptance. Wishing everyone the best of luck for their schools too!

(finally get to use this thing...:soexcited: )
Any idea if they extended all the invites or not?

Any idea if they extended all the invites or not?

I have no idea if they are done. I received my call around 5 or 6, which I thought was pretty late. So it is very possible that they are not done sending out all of the invites.